Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 8th, 2019, 03:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Isn't being 0 spaces from yourself still within 4 spaces?

No. If I say Bob was within 4 feet of the truck when the truck exploded, no one asks me if he was sitting in the truck or standing outside of the truck. If he was in the truck I would have just said he was in the truck, by stating he was within 4 feet of the truck I'm clearly communicating that he is not in the truck, but rather outside of the truck, within a distance of 4 or less feet from the truck. The minimum distance Bob would have been from the Truck is then .00001 inch, not 0.
Old September 8th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:

No. If I say Bob was within 4 feet of the truck when the truck exploded, no one asks me if he was sitting in the truck or standing outside of the truck. If he was in the truck I would have just said he was in the truck, by stating he was within 4 feet of the truck I'm clearly communicating that he is not in the truck, but rather outside of the truck, within a distance of 4 or less feet from the truck. The minimum distance Bob would have been from the Truck is then .00001 inch, not 0.
But if I say a nuclear reactor exploded and that everything within 50 square miles is now irradiated, you wouldn't assume that being inside the nuclear reactor would mean you wouldn't get irradiated.
Old September 8th, 2019, 03:21 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I think the only way I would love this debate more is if y'all started putting Phoenix Wright pics at the start of each of your posts.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 8th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

http://objection.lol/objection/11153
Old September 8th, 2019, 03:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:

But if I say a nuclear reactor exploded and that everything within 50 square miles is now irradiated, you wouldn't assume that being inside the nuclear reactor would mean you wouldn't get irradiated.

I would assume you were vaporized if you were inside a nuclear reactor that exploded.
Old September 8th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The great thing about this is that after they explode, nobody's within any distance of the Truck or the Reactor, cuz they're both gonzo.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 24th, 2019, 10:45 PM
Just A Head

We didn't really come to a decision here, did we? The responsible thing to do seems to be to clarify either way whenever it comes up, because it's clear that different people have different ideas here.

I hate being responsible.
Old September 24th, 2019, 11:00 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Technically, those are rulings of whether you can be in clear sight of yourself, not X spaces of yourself.
I think they should be the same ruling though.
This seems to more or less be the consensus.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 24th, 2019, 11:23 PM
Just A Head

Except for someone popping in from the classic side saying you’re wrong though.

I guess I just don’t get the argument of why a figure can’t be within 0 spaces of itself. If I said something like, “All the land within 4 square miles of the temple is considered holy” you would assume the temple is holy as well. You wouldn’t assume it’s a weird eye-of-the-storm of non-holiness because a temple can’t be 0 miles from itself.
Old September 24th, 2019, 11:27 PM

I'll stick with the easiest approach to just add a couple words to the power itself for clarification.

That said, our Valhalla guru stated that it's typically clarified on cards in which it does affect the figure itself, so his answer feels far from definitive. It really scans as more of a "this hasn't come up in Valhalla because when it affects a figure themselves, it says on the card" answer. And two Heroes seem to have come out against the Valhalla ruling (if that is their official ruling) being the C3G ruling.

Here in C3G we don't consider ourselves beholden to anything the official project did.

But, yeah, add a couple words to the power and don't worry about it is my thought.

Old September 24th, 2019, 11:45 PM
Just A Head

I do think this is a situation that's more widespread than just Pinhead. Whether that's a problem or not is the bigger question.

Honestly I won't be satisfied until someone can tell me why "all spaces within 2 spaces of this Glyph" doesn't actually count the space that Glyph occupies. It creates a weird donut shape, where standing on the Glyph itself actually has you not feel the effects of the Glyph. That's silly and clearly not how that language should work imo.

But it's clear the majority is against me here, so I guess I'll go be grumpy in a corner. I do think this is something that needs an official ruling and not just a patch on 1 card.
Old September 25th, 2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Honestly I won't be satisfied
Loud and clear, boss.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library