Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 25th, 2023, 01:05 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Very true! I was hesitant to let my adult siblings take the maps apart at the end of our recent tournament (I felt the need to demonstrate proper handling techniques). By the time my 18-month-old is old enough, we will have to copy museum protocol used when handling ancient parchment.
Same, I don’t even play that much right now but it took me a while to trust anyone but myself with dissembling a map.
Old June 25th, 2023, 08:39 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

My Regulars are trustworthy for taking apart a board, and we do it together. I find clear water much more fragile than sparkly water. I also have to be careful not to store pieces in a way that puts pressure on them, especially from the tub lid or other containers on top of it.
Old June 26th, 2023, 02:46 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Talking Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
My Regulars are trustworthy for taking apart a board, and we do it together. I find clear water much more fragile than sparkly water. I also have to be careful not to store pieces in a way that puts pressure on them, especially from the tub lid or other containers on top of it.
And what a vast collection of terrain it is!

Old June 26th, 2023, 11:56 AM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz View Post
I would love to see some Zulus, Aztecs, Conquistadors, Amazons, Atlanteans, and maybe some Demons. Maybe some John Carter of Mars type figures would be cool as well.
Great suggestions Marz!

I don’t follow customs, so likely most, if not all, of the below have had some sort of incarnation, but throughout the years, I have thought of many additions I would like to see in Heroscape. Below is a sampling:

Mummies, gargoyles, fairies, dryads, naiad, mermaids, pirates (historical ones), Mongolian and Ancient Egyptian warriors, an Aquilla dragon (maybe a water dragon), more giant insects like Sujoah (giant scorpion, centipede, and other creatures like a rattlesnake, crab, etc.), horror take on some factions (like undead gruts, zombie minotaur, horror kyrie, horror soulbourg), clergy figures with magic (archbishop, bishop, deacon, cardinal, vicar, congregation, etc.), more orcs riding prehistoric animals (like a Pterodactyl, Plesiosaurus, etc.) and maybe introduce a few archkyrie very sparingly in the game. And don’t forget lots of sci-fi lol!

Some new terrain and structure ideas, like deep water, cathedral, haunted mansion/graveyard, pyramid, skyscrapers.
Old June 26th, 2023, 07:48 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Aquilla dragon and more gruts is a must!
Old June 26th, 2023, 08:53 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Since I'm also in it for the terrain, I'll give an answer to that one!

I mostly want more *shapes* of terrain for more interesting and varied map building. The dream is modular skyscrapers, though, of course, but I'll also go for anything modern looking.
How about art-deco architecture with a splash of sci-fi? Like something from the movie Metropolis, or something that looks like it was designed by Helmut Jahn. Not sure how that would work with Valhalla lore, however.
Old June 26th, 2023, 09:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I’d love that. All my maps are for superheroes.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 27th, 2023, 11:16 AM

GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby!

First, let me say a HUGE "Thank you!" to Hasbro and Renegade for bringing Heroscape back. I appreciate that although the Haslab campaign was terrible, they didn't give up and found a way to resurrect it (again). Hopefully for real this time.

Knowing that the Renegade guys and gals are asking for and reading our comments and suggestions, let me offer a few of my own to put into the mix.

First, my biggest hope of all is for a return to Classic 'Scape. One of the biggest downfalls (imo) of the Haslab campaign was that AoA was way off both thematically and aesthetically with original Heroscape. Galactic gerbils? No thanks. MORE generals? Completely unnecessary.

I'm hoping for a return to Classic 'Scape. One thing I've noticed about almost all of the C3V stuff (which I really like) is that it fits in really well with original stuff both thematically and aesthetically (for the most part).

My biggest hopes are more historical units (tons to choose from--many have been listed above and elsewhere), and another set of Flag Bearers with dice so that those of us who don't have the originals will have a complementary set to play with (and those who do have the originals can choose which ones to use).

New interesting terrain sets would be awesome as well. I can imagine an expansion set like an old collapsed temple that has a narrative element, a glyph, and maybe 3 or 4 priests to go along with it: "The ancient temple still holds power for those who know its secrets, but it must be defended in order to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. The priests who have guarded it secrets can't hold out much longer--they need your help." Something like that.

Here's hoping for some great new Heroscape!
Old June 27th, 2023, 11:40 AM

GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by champrjk View Post
If this new scape is anything other than classic heroscape I’ll most certainly not be interested. I’ll be happy for those of you that get to enjoy it but it just won’t be for me. Looking forward to how it turns out. Still not happy with hasbro. At the very least I’ll be interested in terrain only packs.
What type of terrain do you want most?
I'll share here what I included in a longer comment above.

I think smaller terrain/unit sets like Volcarren and Thaelenk would be great, but should include a narrative with them. For example, an ancient collapsing temple set (fits on maybe 3, 7-hex tiles) and comes with 3 priests. Each terrain set can either be played just as a LOS blocker or be played with the narrative: "The ancient temple holds a secret power for those who know, but the remaining priests are too few to defend it from the forces who would used the power for evil. You must help them defend the temple and gain the power to aid your forces in the battle of all time." Something like that.
Old June 27th, 2023, 11:46 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Since I'm also in it for the terrain, I'll give an answer to that one!

I mostly want more *shapes* of terrain for more interesting and varied map building. The dream is modular skyscrapers, though, of course, but I'll also go for anything modern looking.
How about art-deco architecture with a splash of sci-fi? Like something from the movie Metropolis, or something that looks like it was designed by Helmut Jahn. Not sure how that would work with Valhalla lore, however.
More modern or sci-fi terrain could simply be the result of all those Soulborgs on Valhalla influencing their new world.
Old June 27th, 2023, 12:36 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A factory the creates common soulborg units, similar to Marro Hive Rebirth, would be cool
Old June 27th, 2023, 01:44 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
#NoFlaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
A factory the creates common soulborg units, similar to Marro Hive Rebirth, would be cool
Infinite Rat Factory

~Dysole, snarkily

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News