Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 14th, 2011, 08:16 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: I'm gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
It looks like Malechi edited the post, but the comment is still there.
It's not as bad as it was. Perhaps this edit reflects the acceptable level of homophobia in the community?

I hope not.
Well, master of disaster IS entitled to his opinion, as misguided as you and I may think that it be. Malechi took out the personal attacks and left mas' severe dislike of homosexuality. I'd say that's fair.

Just as I think it will be fair when he (almost certainly inevitably) gets lots of neg rep. We're all allowed our opinions here, so long as they are not personal attacks.
Then I guess we differ on what we consider acceptable opinions to air in the company we keep.

For what it's worth, I've re-reported Master of Disaster's still-disgusting-to-me post.
Well, I personally still feel the statement is very ignorant on Master's part, but I don't see anything in it (in its edited form) that should cause any reaction at point other than pity for its author.

But I understand if you feel it is still offensive, and so you did the right thing for yourself in re-reporting it. I admire you very much Ollie, you have always been a voice of intelligence in this community, and I feel much respect for you.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old May 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
But I understand if you feel it is still offensive, and so you did the right thing for yourself in re-reporting it. I admire you very much Ollie, you have always been a voice of intelligence in this community, and I feel much respect for you.
Thanks for the kind words. I'd like to know if I'm really so off-beam here.

A thought experiment: recast and reread MoD's post (even in its edited form) with "being black" substituted for "being gay". If someone said this in conversation with you, what would your response be?

Last edited by ollie; May 14th, 2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Generic "you", not Margloth "you".
Old May 14th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
It's not as bad as it was. Perhaps this edit reflects the acceptable level of homophobia in the community?

I hope not.
As do I.

I'm okay with expressing your opinion, but I think this isn't the thread to do it. I think this thread is meant for showing support, not the opposite. Even if one still wanted to post something like that, one could do it in a more kind matter.

Personally, I find homophobia little different from racism.

~Rednax
Old May 14th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, threads of the ilk of I'm Gay!, Married, Had a Child, Found Religion, etc, are threads that are not asking for people to comment that marriage/religion/having children etc are silly.

If you don't support it, don't speak about it. It's not a post about what you think of X, it's a post about a person celebrating X.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
If you don't support it, don't speak about it. It's not a post about what you think of X, it's a post about a person celebrating X.
Yup.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion, even if it's an unpopular one.

But shame on you for hurting someone else. Shame, shame on you. That is terrible manners, and it is no defense that you were expressing your opinion, if your opinion was hurtful.

If I were to post here that I was struggling with my weight, would you tell me I should be ashamed of myself? Even if that was your personal opinion? I should hope not.

Nobody *has* to post in this, or any, thread. But if you do post, mind your manners, and do not needlessly hurt the feelings of your fellow board members.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 14th, 2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: semi-generic "you," certainly not referring to jschild...
Old May 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hope not.
As do I.

I'm okay with expressing your opinion, but I think this isn't the thread to do it. I think this thread is meant for showing support, not the opposite. Even if one still wanted to post something like that, one could do it in a more kind matter.

Personally, I find homophobia little different from racism.

~Rednax
Wise words there, and probably more in line with what I was trying to convey!

Old May 14th, 2011, 08:43 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Referring back to the original post, be who you are and I'm honored that you trust the community enough to share this with us.
Old May 14th, 2011, 08:43 PM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

Another "Okay. So?" from me.

This IMHO is where society should already be for this sort of thing, and it's so non-noteworthy that I wouldn't even post it, but we've heard from the homophobic population in this thread, so I thought I should chime in just to add my voice to the chorus of supportive people.

Congrats for having the courage to come out publically like this, but for me, I'm a lot more interested in your thoughts on things like the future of C3V, how this year's GenCon tournaments will shake out, and Q9 counters.

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old May 14th, 2011, 09:16 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by master of disaster View Post
Sorry to rain on your parade here, but if i was you i would be ashamed of what i was.

One of the things that makes my blood curdle the most is homosexuality. Personally, i would rather have been ignorant to the fact that your homosexual. Sorry for my rudeness, but i am being ruthlessly honest with you.
You obviously have some huge problem with homosexuality - may I ask what it is? Because there's certainly no reason for it to still exist. Hating people won't help you advance in society or life.

And could someone PM me with what the "personal attack" was? I cant find the ToS right now, but I do remember someone getting banned for a day for calling someone else a bigot. If that's the case, it may appear as though more action should be taken against MoD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie
A thought experiment: recast and reread MoD's post (even in its edited form) with "being black" substituted for "being gay". If someone said this in conversation with you, what would your response be?
This is also a great thing to try on any comment that seems homophobic. If it seems racist when you change gay to black, then it just makes the speaker look like a huge bigot. I've actually done this with something before, and it sounded HORRIBLY racist, to the point where the speaker could have possibly been arrested for harassment.
Old May 14th, 2011, 09:22 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I agree with the comment "So What?" We all have a right to be who we are and to try to be happy.

You will receive some negative comments. Some people are prejudiced against people who are gay. You have the right to exclude such people from your group of friends.
Old May 14th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Master = Devil's Advocate?

Anyway, I'm an atheist, so I can relate to coming out. I came out when I was twelve. Kids teased me for not believing in god. I never let it bother me, but it can be annoying.

I'm glad you feel comfortable to share this here.

Old May 14th, 2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by master of disaster View Post
Sorry to rain on your parade here, but if i was you i would be ashamed of what i was.

One of the things that makes my blood curdle the most is homosexuality. Personally, i would rather have been ignorant to the fact that your homosexual. Sorry for my rudeness, but i am being ruthlessly honest with you.
You obviously have some huge problem with homosexuality - may I ask what it is? Because there's certainly no reason for it to still exist. Hating people won't help you advance in society or life.

Very proud of you for this reasoned response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah
And could someone PM me with what the "personal attack" was? I cant find the ToS right now, but I do remember someone getting banned for a day for calling someone else a bigot. If that's the case, it may appear as though more action should be taken against MoD.
Perhaps it is better that you (and others) don't know? Maybe Master will rethink his position. At any rate, suffice to say that what he said could only do harm to you, and other homosexuals.

I think you should steel yourself to comments like Master's. There are people who are bigots, and there are people who are misguided. The fact that you recognized this threat, and still had the courage to create this thread, is defense enough of you.

As others have put much more eloquently than I, I would encourage you to let this be a thread reflecting your own peace of mind and pride in who you are, rather than getting sidetracked by hurtful mutterings from ignorant people.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General