Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 14th, 2021, 01:14 PM

Sarhek is surprisingly tart
Heroscape Balance Changes/Patch Notes

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new to the forums, so I'm sorry If this has been posted somewhere else. I tried searching, but there's just so much out there. If it is somewhere else, I'd appreciate being shown where so I can peruse it. The topic I wanted to discuss today is daunting, overwhelming, and impossible to nail down 100%. I'm just a tinkerer who loves numbers.

With all that out of the way, has anyone ever attempted to make unofficial patch notes or balance changes to Heroscape? I'm thinking something that's along the line of League of Legends, or WH40K. The whole point of these changes are an attempt to create a balanced game where theoretically everything is viable. The good thing about doing this for HS is that all of the official units are released. That means unlike the other games, no new official units will come in and throw a wrench into things.

Now I understand that for this to be feasible, a lot of parameters need to be set. Two big ones that immediately come to mind are army point limits, and figure/hex limits.

Once all the parameters are defined, I can see a number of different ways to go about making these balance changes. These could be anything from changing unit point values, changing unit stats, or adjusting abilities.

Ideally, these changes would strike a balance themselves. On the one hand, they need to be big enough to have an impact on the viability of a unit. On the other, they can't be so drastic that they change the way the units were meant to be played.

Like I stated earlier, this would be an enormous undertaking. Some units are much farther from being balanced/viable than others (Looking at you Hatamato). This would require thousands of hours of theorizing, playtesting, and tweaking.

This was just something I was thinking about the other day. I thought it might bring some units who never see the light of day out more. It would also create a lot more diversity to an already rather diverse game. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yours truly,

Sarhek

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions