Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 15th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Recreating Some Official Cards

Hello,

I wanted to get some use out of some underused figures and thought I'd try out some Delta pricing, but some figures were beyond needing a price change IMO. That's okay, because there's the CUC for further tweaking (or flat out changing) some of the less popular official units. I like some of their changes, but I came up with a few alternate versions for some classic figures myself that I wanted to share. I actually came up with most of this last night (except the Macdirks) and put the cards together today. It was pretty easy to do having such a strong base for the figures and knowing what their weaknesses were.

So here they are, feedback is welcomed, and feel free to share your ideas as well!

Hatamato Taro
Spoiler Alert!

Deathwalker 7000
Spoiler Alert!

Deadeye Dan
Spoiler Alert!

Macdirk Warriors
Spoiler Alert!

Finally, I saved my favorite, and perhaps best, for last...
Sudema
Spoiler Alert!

~~~~~~NEW UPDATE 11/26/14~~~~~~

Shaolin Monks
Spoiler Alert!

Master Win Chiu Woo
Spoiler Alert!

Finally, I saved my favorite, and perhaps best, for last...
Wo-Sa-Ga
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; November 26th, 2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old November 15th, 2014, 08:50 PM

mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Recreating Some Official Cards

I liked reading over these, seeing someone else's opinion.

Hatamoto- completely agree with every about Hatamoto. I think I would agree with anything if it made him better, though.

DW7K- I like the reworking of his self destruct with the blast radius feel. The preemptive power is really nice too. I liked stealth dodge a lot with DW7K, but disengage is better, me thinks.

DED- I never liked the Sharpshooter power and the cover fire (think it needs a new name) is a nice addition.

MacDirks- I gotta admit, I don't like your changes on this front. I like the idea of them having insane amounts of attack with their human champion bleeding to death. I don't like the thought of them as a swarming unit, just my personal opinion. The one thing I really hate about them now is that they are essentially useless when their chosen champion dies. Maybe if they had a defense bonus afterwords would be nice, idk

Sudema- I really like the new Sudema, especially the reworking of state of stone. The only thing that may be bad is that Sudema is great with no order markers, but that might not be a bad thing since.

Overall, I like these changes. Its cool stuff.

mtl1998 is Brave Arrow...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:47 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hatamoto Taro
Some figures it really depends on the scale that you're playing. Hatamoto Taro begins to look a little more palatable if he is in a truly massive Samurai army, but that is partly how his price is less significant at those totals. Otherwise, I think you're missing the point of his aura. It's not so much a defensive ability as it is a way for the samurai to get more counterstrikes. I agree that they don't really need it and yours is more effective, but it feels like you're less tweaking him to be relevant and more making a different unit.

Deathwalker 7000

I can also get behind these changes. A reliable bomb is something it could really use and disengage will really help put it into position. I really like the idea of the preemptive detonation so he can still blow when attacked. I think choosing whether to risk defense or just blow him up looks like fun.

Deadeye Dan

Deadeye has always been a thematic favorite of mine who has never lived up to what I hope to get out of him. I think the size limitation on his SA came from dealing with Deathwalkers. It's not to difficult for him to earn his keep in a shot or two from range against them. It seems a lot of builds in Heroscape were done to dance around them, unfortunately. Cover Fire is cool but, again, feels more like a significant change to the unit. I suppose it speaks volumes that you can include that with a lower price total and a few other upgrades and still have him work out, although his auto destroy power probably drove up his cost out of necessity.

MacDirk Warriors

I have a soft spot for these guys, but it is an interesting re-imagining. They can definitely be useful in their own right. When the Champion dies, while they're not good as a 50pt squad of 2 attack and defense, they are a definitely less painful there than 30 pts higher.

Sudema
Wow. That is definitely a serious upgrade to Sudema. If you intend that the power not trigger on adjacent attacks, she'll be nigh useless on melee armies. Otherwise she is a powerful friend to sit behind a rat screen next to Raelin and rain down fire with some ranged squad.
Old November 25th, 2014, 07:04 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun

@TheSparkleInYourWater , always like to see some different changes besides the CUC and my Competitive Unit Alters. Although I think you and I should join CUC and do some playtesting too.

Quick notes:
Hatamato Taro: Still similar to CUC which is similar to prototype card, but your aura is OK too, could go either way.
Deathwalker 7000: You nerfed self-destruct way too much and changed him from a hero killer to a squad killer, so I don't like that change. I do like the change from Stealth Dodge to Disengage and Preemptive Detonation power.
Deadeye Dan: I think reverse bonding with lawmen might be a power team-up, but getting rid of sharpshooter nerfs it. Basically you designed a new lawman.
Macdirk Warriors: Again, a little too much changes for me, especially cost I think is way too low, as in a 500point/24 space match gives 5 squads of them and 250 points for 3 viking/knight heroes.
Sudema: Would need to playtest to see if too powerful.

Anyway, Keep it up. I will add this to my CUA list of similar projects:
lefton4ya's Competitive Unit Alters
rouby44's Official Units Revisited or A thorough reexamination of Heroscape
Wriggz's Thematic Classic Redesigns
Customs using Master Set Figures (RotV, SotM, BftU)
Everything is better with bonding! - Custom power mods
Old November 26th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It was fun to change up some of the cards, so I went through the roster of units to try and find any others that interested me. I found a few and have added them to the first post. They are the Shaolin Monks, Master Woo, and Wo-Sa-Ga. I also updated Dan's power name to fix it being the same as Skahen's.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'll respond later when I have the time.
Old November 26th, 2014, 10:52 PM

mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker

I don't have much to say about these updates. For the monks I don't mind the changes, and I think adding some survivabilty to them is a good idea. It's also good that the power isn't too powerful. I'm indifferent about the stealth leap change. For Master Woo, I love the change in master's assault (perhaps my favorite change out of the new three). I do like him with master's influence to be able to boost the shaolins offensively/defensively. So I'm not a fan of that change. I'm also indifferent for the stealth dodge addition. I think I would like concealment 10, like Brave Arrow, better instead of stealth dodge. With Wo-Sa-Ga I liked the fact that she was a hard hitter with low (relatively) survivabilty. I don't like the raise on defense, personally. Regurgitation is a neat idea. I do like that. Nagrubs help with the old Wo-Sa-Ga's survivabilty, and regurgitation helps a bit too. The changes are cool, but again, I'm a little indifferent to some. Neat stuff, I hope you keep it up!!

mtl1998 is Brave Arrow...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old December 2nd, 2014, 02:15 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Shaolin Monks
I like the boost to Stealth Leap. I think that's easily an example of something that would have gotten patched if they could do it again. I'm not sure how much of a save Sixth Sense is to their survivability. I guess it saves a squad 1/5 times, meaning an effective extra squad if you draft 5 of them. It is nicely thematic, however, and lets them reposition a bit more (and potentially save them from further attacks).

Master Win Chiu Woo
He's no longer really a monk leader but he's a lot better on his own. Stealth Dodge is a solid boost to his survivability, especially when he's still sitting behind 4 defense. I really like the change to Master's Assault. It actually feels like an upgrade and I like the idea that he can focus his fast attacks on a single target for additional damage.

Wo-Sa-Ga
6 defense looks a little high to me but I guess she is pretty scaly. I have a little trouble understanding how she is still healing from the nagrub when she is just spitting them back out again, but it is nevertheless a cool power. However, in making her stronger, I think you've taken something away. Part of her use before was being the cheapest hivelord. Now that she's tougher, you have a cheaper option with Su-Bak-Na and she's even closer towards Tor-Kul-Na, who still outclasses her. I would pretty much always take her as an extra hivelord if I had the points and this upgrade diminishes her in that capacity.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards