Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 31st, 2010, 01:01 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Sounds cool!

Can anyone explain what a Mezzodemon is? I was expecting Balrogs or devil people, the figures Atmospro posted look like bugs...

I don't know anything about D&D.
A Mezzodemon is part of the Yugoloth. Wiki explains it pretty well. Mezzoloth: Insectile footsoldiers of the yugoloth armies. Yugoloth are a specific demon horde from certain planes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoloth

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:04 AM
Bam Bam

b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby!

I love what WOTC is doing with releases and I know backstory isn't something everyone cares about but I hope they have some kind of story in the works (maybe not Thormun's journal but something similar) that could show off a little more about Valkrill and how he affects Valhalla. Heroscape as a system is a great lure but what hooked me (and I assume a few others) was actually the backstory.

I have grown to dislike my username choice but am too far into this to change it now. BamBam57 makes me feel less like a robot. So I shall refer to myself as that.

Old August 31st, 2010, 01:09 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Sounds cool!

Can anyone explain what a Mezzodemon is? I was expecting Balrogs or devil people, the figures Atmospro posted look like bugs...

I don't know anything about D&D.
A Mezzodemon is part of the Yugoloth. Wiki explains it pretty well. Mezzoloth: Insectile footsoldiers of the yugoloth armies. Yugoloth are a specific demon horde from certain planes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoloth
Hmm, all those names sound like they've been inspired (stolen ) from Lovecraft!
Didn't D&D have some copyright problems with Lovecraft's works at one point, anyway?
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:16 AM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!

A quick look at what the Heroes of Fallcrest might bring us.
I've gone for a Half-Orc barbarian because he fits the bill here better than any other figure based on the prestige class Frostrager. Probably wrong on this one but we will see. For Eltahale, the Goliath Cleric of Kavaki is the only figure that really fits the bill. Siege is represented by a warforged bodyguard, I also debated on the Barbarian figure would not surprise me. This is really the only figure that fits the bill for Moltenclaw that will fit in a booster, assuming that were dealing with a red dragon, if not their are few other options.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:53 AM
Bam Bam

b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby! b57123m rolls all skulls baby!

I'm really hoping this is Siege. I'm not sure how this guys compares to other HS figures but this guy would be pretty awesome to get.

I have grown to dislike my username choice but am too far into this to change it now. BamBam57 makes me feel less like a robot. So I shall refer to myself as that.

Old August 31st, 2010, 02:05 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by b57123m View Post
I love what WOTC is doing with releases and I know backstory isn't something everyone cares about but I hope they have some kind of story in the works (maybe not Thormun's journal but something similar) that could show off a little more about Valkrill and how he affects Valhalla. Heroscape as a system is a great lure but what hooked me (and I assume a few others) was actually the backstory.
Going off of what theGuru has said, I believe that the new dungeon adventures are becoming the backstory (the first adventure introduced the Underdark, the second adventure revealed Valkrill's transformation), which I think is cool, as you can now play through the backstory (except when you win, Valkrill's figures won't exist for you ).

On topic, who do you guys think are the most likely figures for the orc and bugbear squads. For bugbear, I'm thinking these two:

The first one we know, and the second one is the only one I could find who looks good with the first, though he'd need a repaint. I can't find a third who I think fits well, though.

For orcs I have two groups, first:

I like these guys together because they fit, and they just look cool. But there's also these guys:

who also look pretty good together, IMO. I'm not sure, anybody know who/what Thesk is?

As for Siege, I'm guessing he'll have Indomitable. As I recall, a being a juggernaut basically means once he gets started, he's hard to stop, which I think is a good place for a Indomitable kind of power. Personally, he's got me the most intrigued.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:56 AM
Drives for Utgar

Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby! Rogue A$$asSIN rolls all skulls baby!

I always wanted the back side of the card to be for Flavor Tex. Things like this always draw we in like with MtG. I am looking forward to the bugbears, I get a kick out of all the new Specie's that have come to Valhalla and D&D brings a lot, now we need some Zombies and the Cadaver Collector, I don't ask for much and this is all I would like.

I would rather bite the belly of the beast as it swallows me whole then run from it!

Last edited by Rogue A$$asSIN; August 31st, 2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:30 AM

PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker

My thoughts on Siege (based on the juggernaut info):

Warforged Resolve (obviously)

Immovable- Siege cannot be moved by any power on any glyph or army card.

Some sort of multiple attacks like the monks or quasatch.

Not really sure on the others although I am curious to see how the exoskeleton markers are going to work.

Sign the Declaration and bring back classic scape!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30056
Remember: Together we can make a difference
Old August 31st, 2010, 06:18 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b57123m View Post
Spoiler Alert!
I'd love to see these as our Bugbear squad:

OR

...and I think these three would be great together:

Old August 31st, 2010, 08:28 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I've been wrong on every guess so far, but I hope this is the Orc squad. Because I think with a matching paint job they'd look great together, each has a different weapon, and they're the best sculpts by a long shot.

The other orcs look really cartoony and wouldn't fit well together or with other Heroscape figures.

I really think the Frostrager Evar Scarcarver will be the Frost Dwarf figure and he'll be for Jandar...

Reasoning: Jandar, because we know there isn't going to be any Aquilla and the ice stuff seems to go to Jandar. His name follows the pattern of all the other dwarf heroes we have: Ironwill, Ambershard, Forgehammer. I looked at his D&D card and his power gives him a bonus against anyone with Fire Resistance. With 3 new figures recently released with that power, it sounds like a good counterdraft unit to me. Especially if he still bonds with the dwarf squad.
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:51 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought the Frost Dwarfs were evil, in which case they wouldn't work for Jandar. I wondering if it is supposed to be Frost RaNger, in which case you could have the Everfrost Ranger #39 from Dungeons of Dread.
Old August 31st, 2010, 09:08 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tomorrow is Wednesday.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News