Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old October 2nd, 2019, 11:05 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 0] HONORED SOUL-GUIDES (Lantern Geists) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I can see them looking creepy, but our goal was for them to portray bringing heroes back for one last swing. I see a kind of vague connection to the Dead souls that came to help Aragorn in the battle of the Pelennor fields. A better parallel would probably be the Heroes of the Horn from the Wheel of Time series. These "Soul Guides" bring heroes back for one last valiant aid.
Yeah, this is the intended theme. They're Psychopomps for a reason.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 11:11 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Wait....why does reviving Finn let you give his bonus multiple times?
I believe that the ruling is that placing Finn or another "Spirit" on a card serves as a reminder of that power, rather than the source of the boost. Even if he is somehow removed from the card (such as by Last Will), the boost is still active.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 11:17 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

What is the precedent for this ruling? I looked in Finn's Book and didn't see it.
Old October 3rd, 2019, 09:31 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I can see them looking creepy, but our goal was for them to portray bringing heroes back for one last swing. I see a kind of vague connection to the Dead souls that came to help Aragorn in the battle of the Pelennor fields. A better parallel would probably be the Heroes of the Horn from the Wheel of Time series. These "Soul Guides" bring heroes back for one last valiant aid.
Yeah, this is the intended theme. They're Psychopomps for a reason.
I know you all get the theme, and I get it. I just don't think the target market for this project will necessarily get it.
Old October 3rd, 2019, 06:21 PM

I think most of us here would like to see some version of Last Will before we resort to a redesign. I’m torn on whether we need to go back or not.
Old October 3rd, 2019, 06:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool design. There is a glyph that does something like this correct?
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:10 AM

I say we push ahead on these guys with as simple a wording of Last Will as we can manage, and make a list of the edge cases. Maybe we can come up with something that addresses those edge cases.
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:51 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks like I'm in the minority for a redesign. Is this the version that we're happy with?

Quote:
HONORED SOUL-GUIDES
Jandar

Undead
Unique Squad
Psychopomps
Stoic
Medium 5

LIFE 1 (2 figures)
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 2
DEFENSE 4

50 POINTS

LAST WILL
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, instead of taking a turn with the Honored Soul-Guides, you may choose a previously destroyed small or medium Unique Hero you control. Destroy an Honored Soul-Guide that you control and place the chosen hero on the space that Soul-Guide occupied. Remove all wound markers from that Army Card, immediately take a turn with that hero, and then destroy that hero.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for an Honored Soul-Guide's movement, ignore elevations. An Honored Soul-Guide may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If an Honored Soul-Guide is engaged when it starts to fly, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:59 AM

I’m open to a redesign for sure. We sptballed a few ideas the other day. I just think we should push a little harder on this version and try to get it to work.
Old October 9th, 2019, 02:48 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think it will be pretty apparent in testing whether or not Last Will is mechanically satisfying and enjoyable enough to be worth all the rigamarole. Currently my main point of hesitation is that I don’t see these guys going as low as 50 with it, and they might creep up into a point range that we’re making pretty crowded already. But we can’t answer any of this easily without at least a little testing, so we may as well go ahead.
Old October 9th, 2019, 03:29 AM

On the plus side - if we decide that we’re going too complex/too high point value, that gives us some pretty heavy restraints to work with on the remaining units, which can be a good thing.
Old October 9th, 2019, 10:24 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm happy with that version as a starting point if editing is okay with it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs