Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:09 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I would like to nominate Sigrid Ironwill for inclusion in the SOV:

BIO
Daughter of Migol, Sigrid Ironwill wields the Foehammer, which for a thousand years has protected the Burning Forge Clan. Her ferocity in battle (and her red hair) have earned her the name "Flame of the Forge" among her fellow dwarven warriors. With the Foehammer of the Burning Forge, she cleaves through enemies and can call on the spirits of the clan's ancestors to aid her fellow dwarves. But channeling the dead might cost Sigrid her life...

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Very interesting, IshMEL, and I like almost all of what I'm seeing here. I like the use of this particular mini and I like the idea of "Channel Ancestral Strength." I also like finding a 90 point hero for the dwarves, but I suspect those two things are mutually exclusive.

I have a couple concerns before I vote.

1. How plentiful is the mini? Not just in price, but in numbers?
2. How has this unit done in playtesting? She looks *very* inexpensive at 90 points, considering she bonds with the dwarves, who are already potent.
3. More specifically, there are a couple things I wonder if you considered:
3.a. What about dropping the current "Foehammer" power and just making the "Ancestral" power derive from the hammer, and giving it the Foehammer name?
3.b. What about forcing her to reveal an OM to trigger Channel Ancestral Strength, thus forcing the player who rolls a 1-12 to suffer a real consequence of a lost turn?

Just a few thoughts, and obviously I speak only for myself and not my fellow judges.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:53 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Love the design but the availability of that mini is too low, only 20+ listed on abprices

Sorry, awesome custom...maybe a little underpriced...but it does not meet the availability requirements of the SoV.

NAY to review

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:01 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Availibility looks bad. Auggies has ten and ABprices show that there are only five others out there. I've got to think some more about the card itself.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Love the design but the availability of that mini is too low, only 20+ listed on abprices

Sorry, awesome custom...maybe a little underpriced...but it does not meet the availability requirements of the SoV.

NAY to review
Awww, that's too low.

Oh well. Don't be discouraged, IshMEL (or any of our other designers)!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:53 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

It's a shame about the Dwarf Shieldmaiden's availability.... I bet it's low because that sculpt — in unpainted form — is one of the hero figures in WotC's The Wrath of Ashardalon. People wanting to add some bling to the game upgraded by buying the painted version of that sculpt.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

to Sigrid Ironwill

The concept here is strong. I have some wording issues with Foehammer but nothing editing can't handle. But while a multi-attacking hero that bonds with the dwarves scares me enough, a hero that also has a good chance of giving those dwarves +1 attack in a 6-range aura terrifies me. Still, I trust that the unit comes to us playtested and is worth checking out beyond theoryscaping.

In the end, though, the availability kills it. I'm probably less concerned with availability than other judges, but seeing only 15 or so on abprices is just too few. The SoV judges alone would suck up half of them.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree that the availability is to low...I vote NO to review Sigrid Ironwill.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:04 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Didn't realize the availability was so low ... appropriate for a female dwarf, I guess! Well, thanks for taking a look and for your suggestions. So far in playtesting, she hasn't made the dwarves too powerful (IMHO) but that may be due to unlucky die throws. I may try out Dad Scaper's suggestion about OM and see how that effects her play. Thanks again!
Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Just to give you an idea IshMEL, and this can vary from Judge to Judge a bit, but, for the most part, you'll want to see 40-50 available for a unique figure before submitting.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; April 6th, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old April 5th, 2012, 04:42 PM

cornhusker36 has disabled reputation

I would like to nominate Scytale's Brimstone to the SoV.

Auggie's has 63 in stock.

I hope I am doing this right, sorry if I am not.
Old April 5th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Scytale? What does that guy know about customs?

GSWs certainly aren't a fan of this guy.

Does he use a double base or single base?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs