Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 27th, 2022, 12:01 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Beam Struggle Story (waiting for initial)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Beam Struggle

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Beam Struggle (50), Goku SSJ, Goku base (730) VS Superman II, GL John JL (730)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Beam Struggle (50), Vegeta SSJ, Krillin, Vegeta base (800) VS Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Miss Martian (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Definitely a useful bonus, especially since whoever drafted it won every Beam Struggle in my actual games! Ended up with a 12/15 win rate for whoever drafted it, overall. It never took too long to complete the beam struggle, with 15 roll-offs being the max, and the average number of roll-offs being 7. The +2 boost on average helped once per game, so your mileage may vary there.

Something to consider in public testing is making the Beam Struggle once per game max (so you have to choose between using it offensively or defensively). It’s a big swing when you win both of them. Taking it down to 3 unblockables for a win is another idea. That said, it never felt overpowering. I’m fine just going up on points too if needed. With a 2/3 win rate and the wins being fairly close I’m not sure any changes are needed yet. I'd rather err on the side of caution with points here, though.

A neat mechanical synergy is that both base Goku & SSJ Vegeta have defensive powers against melee attacks, thus encouraging a ranged attack to activate the Beam Struggle. It really is a nice deterrent against ranged attacks for figures like Nightwing who do not want to deal with potential autowounds.

Overall, I think it feels good enough to go to public testing.
Old February 27th, 2022, 12:52 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Beam Struggle Story (initial is in)

Looks good! Pre-yea

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 27th, 2022, 03:13 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Pre-Yea
Old February 27th, 2022, 03:32 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Pre-yea I think the once per game suggestion is a good one.
Old February 27th, 2022, 10:12 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Beam Struggle Story (vote for public testing

I made that once per game change. I think that really helps to clean up the wording too.

I'll propose for public testing.
Old February 27th, 2022, 01:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old February 27th, 2022, 01:45 PM
Archie

This passes
Old March 22nd, 2022, 02:18 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Beam Struggle Story (public testing)

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Beam Struggle@50 points

Set 1
Map: Island Plane Crash (No E-Glyph)
Units: Beam Team: Beam Struggle (50), Goku (Super) (380), Krillin (150), Skrull Infiltrator x2 (20) - 600 total vs Iron Moon: Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260), Moon Knight (150)- 600 total
Spoiler Alert!

Set 2
Units: Team Beam: Beam Struggle (50), Vegeta (Super) (380), Krillin (150)- 580 total vs Holly Marvels: Ms. Marvel (350), Charlene Dupre (140), Angel (90)- 600 total
Spoiler Alert!

Overall:

Seems fine to me. It's a total gamble it does anything at all, and what it does could be a negative. I can't really see a way to do anything too tricky with it, so it's more a fun gimmicky thing than anything all that competitively dangerous. Which is fine, that's what it should be IMO.

50 points seems good, anything more than that would be kinda pricey for what it does I think.

I do kinda wish it had some sorta out for if you're rolling over and over without a winner. Like after the 12th time it fizzles out or something (maybe have both figures take a wound so it still does something). Felt a bit tedious at times and I'd worry it would be annoying for an opponent that didn't get any say in playing a dice roll mini-game in the first place.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 22nd, 2022, 03:05 AM
Archie

Thanks SW! Both Solar Flare and Beam Struggle activate when targeted, so since you control both effects I believe you'd get to choose which activates first.

I feel like including a maximum amount of rolls is just going to make it take longer, since then we would require players to count exactly how many rounds it takes. For me the most it took was like two minutes max, and that was an outlier (and with me recording the rounds).
Old March 22nd, 2022, 11:06 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Story Card things are technically "rules" like a scenario has, not special powers. So not sure how we handle that.
Old March 22nd, 2022, 03:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Do we classify Story Cards as Army Cards? (They're cards in your army, after all). If we do, I'd personally classify what's on them as "special powers."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2022, 03:09 PM
Just A Head

We do not. Spell Cards are also not Army Cards.

I think what I'm realizing here is that the Story Card rules were not 100% cornercased before they went out and that's already causing issues. (Although tbf, not feeling particularly guilty about that. ) I think in the future, when we add a new addition like Story Cards or VDOs, it would be smart to keep them in-sanctum until we have 2-3 of them designed under the new ruleset and ready to release.

(This is probably not the thread for this conversation. Main takeaway is that we specifically made Story Cards have "rules" instead of "special powers" to handle various issues, and I don't think we have a clear understanding of what happens when a special power and a rule trigger at the same time.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library