Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 1st, 2014, 10:53 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: SWSG1's attempt at comic customs- 4/30 Captain Atom

Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 21st, 2014, 07:50 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: SWSG1's attempt at comic customs- 5/21 Tomei Ningen!

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Really, really cool - I've seen that cartoon, and this is a very good representation of the character. I do, however, think he's too powerful right now - yes, he did go toe to toe with Superman, but he did lose, and really, a lot of top level guys could go toe to toe with Superman and lose, and not end up 420 points, which I don't think this guy deserves to be. My recommendations are just to tone him down a bit - reduce his Life, Attack and Defence by one each, give him one fewer Energy Marker, make Containment Suit Rupture 3 + X Spaces and 1 + X Wounds, make his special subtract 1 from a Kryptonian's defence (I know he controlled Yellow Sun radiation, but I don't think it should hurt Kryptonians as much as Kryptonite), and make Atomic Blast remove one marker at a time for the full hit (giving this guy those markers is the only real way of hurting him - they're too easy to bun off right now, and in fact make him more powerful), then test him around 350 Points (just a rough guess). Do that, and I think he'd be awesome - I'd probably end up adding him to my collection! He's great! You're design's made me excited about a character that, in the cartoons, I really, really didn't care about. Great job!
Glad you like the overall direction.

I disagree here on the power level (not that power levels have any consistency in comics anyway), everything I've seen of Captain Atom paints him at 'just under Superman' level (in fact, his wiki article specifically says that his strength is right under Superman's). I'm also trying to match him up with Captain Marvel (the other 'alternate-company-Superman' that DC eventually acquired) and Doctor Manhattan (who's a version of the same dude) to a degree. Granted, some of my basis for his power level is based on the comic version (or other animated versions), but there's not enough info about the JLU version to really do anything with by himself.

Also I'm not sure what you mean about the Energy Markers being the only way to hurt him, he takes damage from normal attacks just like anyone else. The Energy Markers aren't really supposed to be a negative, more of a double edged sword, absorbing energy is kind of his thing.

If you'd like an alternate weaker card though, I don't mind making one. Power levels are definitely subjective when it comes to Supers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
After some thought on your Space Ghost custom, I have figured out the you used the body of Legacy, the head of Guardian, and the cape from Justice. (All three of whom are older Marvel Heroclix.)
Thanks , I hadn't the slightest clue who any of those people where.

Anyway, new figure/card: Samurai! For those unfamiliar, Samurai is one of those guys they invented for the Super-friends to try and be more 'multicultural'. His superpower is basically "spout random Japanese to solve the plot!". I might make an alternate card for him later that's a little less silly, just focusing on the 'wind powers' part.

Made from: Whirlwind, and a Tagawa Samurai's head.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; November 23rd, 2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old May 21st, 2014, 08:21 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like Samurai, you gonna do Apache Chief , Black Vulcan and El Dorado?
Old May 21st, 2014, 08:33 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
I like Samurai, you gonna do Apache Chief , Black Vulcan and El Dorado?
Planning on doing them all eventually, though I doubt any of them will be my next update (Blue Falcon is probably going to be my next finished piece). I've already started El Dorado. Black Vulcan should be a pretty easy one. Not really sure what to do for Apache Chief though, probably have to find an action figure or something.

My Etsy Store
Old May 22nd, 2014, 06:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Really, really cool - I've seen that cartoon, and this is a very good representation of the character. I do, however, think he's too powerful right now - yes, he did go toe to toe with Superman, but he did lose, and really, a lot of top level guys could go toe to toe with Superman and lose, and not end up 420 points, which I don't think this guy deserves to be. My recommendations are just to tone him down a bit - reduce his Life, Attack and Defence by one each, give him one fewer Energy Marker, make Containment Suit Rupture 3 + X Spaces and 1 + X Wounds, make his special subtract 1 from a Kryptonian's defence (I know he controlled Yellow Sun radiation, but I don't think it should hurt Kryptonians as much as Kryptonite), and make Atomic Blast remove one marker at a time for the full hit (giving this guy those markers is the only real way of hurting him - they're too easy to bun off right now, and in fact make him more powerful), then test him around 350 Points (just a rough guess). Do that, and I think he'd be awesome - I'd probably end up adding him to my collection! He's great! You're design's made me excited about a character that, in the cartoons, I really, really didn't care about. Great job!
Glad you like the overall direction.

I disagree here on the power level (not that power levels have any consistency in comics anyway), everything I've seen of Captain Atom paints him at 'just under Superman' level (in fact, his wiki article specifically says that his strength is right under Superman's). I'm also trying to match him up with Captain Marvel (the other 'alternate-company-Superman' that DC eventually acquired) and Doctor Manhattan (who's a version of the same dude) to a degree. Granted, some of my basis for his power level is based on the comic version (or other animated versions), but there's not enough info about the JLU version to really do anything with by himself.

Also I'm not sure what you mean about the Energy Markers being the only way to hurt him, he takes damage from normal attacks just like anyone else. The Energy Markers aren't really supposed to be a negative, more of a double edged sword, absorbing energy is kind of his thing.

If you'd like an alternate weaker card though, I don't mind making one. Power levels are definitely subjective when it comes to Supers.
I never realised he was quite that powerful - still, I think, personally, he could do with being a tad weaker. Captain Marvel (Billy Batson) and Darkseid are also close to Superman's power level, but are 360 and 380 respectively - I'm thinking that sounds like a better level for Captain Atom, personally. This is, however, purely my opinion, and really, power levels of pre-created characters are often a matter of opinion - I'm sure not everyone would agree about the power levels I've put my custom figures at (and I don't even usually create Supers!), but they feel right to me. It really is a great design, and I'll probably think I'd end up using it either way - I just think I'd prefer him if he were toned down just a bit.
Ignore everything I said about the Energy - I must have been tired when I wrote that, because, after several read-throughs, I thought it worked on all attacks, not just special attacks and special powers - my mistake.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 10th, 2014, 10:28 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Hey all, new card and figure Today: Firestorm! Specifically the version from the Super Friends cartoon (more or less).

I'll admit the wording is a little sloppy here, but it works for my group. I also pretty much just guessed at the species, class, and personality, I gave up trying to understand anything about Firestorm halfway through his Wikipedia page.

Not a whole lot of modding here since I started with a Firestorm figure, but I did totally repaint him. I did replace his head flame with a transparent one from this little fire girl (no clue who she is, though I think there's an X-men that's sort of like that). I also made the energy ball and Dr. Stein head from sheets of plastic. I intentionally gave Stein a sketchy smile cause I always found him creepy as all hell.

Also, I have a pic of some works in progress if anyone cares. I'm not sure who I want to finish next, so if anyone has an opinion feel free to cast a 'vote'!

My Etsy Store
Old June 15th, 2014, 01:48 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: SWSG1's attempt at comic customs- 6/10 Firestorm

Ok, whose the headless guy with green energy? I vote for Speed Demon or Iron Lantern next! (Though I expect Blue Falcon and Dyno Mutt sooner rather than later!)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old June 15th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow. Your custom figures are incredible. Very nice.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 15th, 2014, 03:00 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Ok, whose the headless guy with green energy? I vote for Speed Demon or Iron Lantern next! (Though I expect Blue Falcon and Dyno Mutt sooner rather than later!)
That's Atomic Green Lantern from the Infinite Crisis game. He's not going to stay headless, I just haven't found a good head for him yet.

If that's really the only one you couldn't identify from that blurry picture, I'm really impressed.

My Etsy Store
Old June 16th, 2014, 01:16 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Well, assuming the two Iron Men on either side of Iron Lantern are Extremis Iron Man and Rescue (or Iron Widow), then the only other one I'm stumped by is the kid behind Atomic Green Lantern. He looks like either Astro Boy or a Dragon Ball Z character.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old June 16th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

He's Danny Phantom! Maybe.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old June 16th, 2014, 01:33 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Well, assuming the two Iron Men on either side of Iron Lantern are Extremis Iron Man and Rescue (or Iron Widow), then the only other one I'm stumped by is the kid behind Atomic Green Lantern. He looks like either Astro Boy or a Dragon Ball Z character.
You're right on Rescue. I'm using the color scheme/design from the Iron Man: Armored Adventures cartoon (because it's actually some what unique and less 'Iron Girl'), the purple and white are going to be her final colors.

The other Iron Man is actually the Mark 39 from Iron Man 3. I hated that film, but I really liked that color scheme so I'm using it as my 'Space Armor' Iron Man more or less.

The kid is Danny Phantom.

EDIT- Oh hey, laughing matter knows whats up.

My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations