Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 29th, 2010, 11:26 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: PreNovember PreRelease D&D Wave 3 Speculation & Informat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWK9000 View Post
Doesnt Sharwin wildborn have an ability that does that?
She doesn't need to be adjacent to the attacking figure, the attacking figures range doesn't matter, and it only works on regular attacks.

For this figure I made it only work on adjacent attacks (regular or special) from ranged attackers and gave him a defense of 6 to make it much riskier than Sharwin's 3 defense.
Most defensive powers only refer to whether the figure is adjacent or non-adjacent, not taking their range into consideration. I think the reason why that is, is because of people who have a ranged normal attack but a special attack that is range 1. If the Soulborg Warden attacked your custom with his Axe, for instance, would ricochet somehow take effect on his axe, since his range is greater than 1 but he's attacking with a range 1 special attack.
Good point. I'll have to clarify that. Wanted it to work against a regular or special attack with a range greater than 1. So the axe attack wouldn't trigger this ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Just thought of an idea for Siege's ability...

Deflected Blows
When an adjacent figure attacks Siege and fails to wound him you may redirect that attack at the same or another figure adjacent to Siege. The defending figure rolls 2 less defense dice against this attack.

He'd need to have like 5-6 defense to make the ability worthwhile.

My wording on this is awful, but hopefully you get the idea.
I think I get what you're saying.

If Siege successfully defends against the attack, he may force an adjacent figure to roll defense vs the same attack. This would be really useful if he was multi-engaged. I suppose it could also be used to target your own figures, but how often is that really a good idea? Oh wait...that would be a neat way to self-trigger the Deathreavers' scatter, since technically it's an opponent's attacking figure.

Cool idea! Man, midnight can't get here soon enough!
Yeah, that's the idea. At the very least a single engaged opponent's figure would be attacking themselves if they failed to wound him. Similar to counterstrike, but not unblockable hits and it would trigger if you rolled the same amount of shields as skulls instead of more shields. Can't count how many times Counterstrike shields have matched the amount of skulls for me.
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:27 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Siege's power is called: CRAG OF STEEL

T-30 till I leave Thanks for being patient guys.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:31 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! OK, guys, I'm aware that a lot of you have school in the morning, and that's gotta suck, but let's stick with it and overanalyze Siege's card into the wee hours of the morning!

Just kidding, kiddo's! Your sleep and education is far more important than our silly little board game!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

I don't go to bed till around 11 to 11:30 central. But I can wait till morning sense it is a card I could careless on seeing. Though,I may want to look at it for my customs I am making.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Just kidding, kiddo's! Your sleep and education is far more important than our silly little board game!
Oops. I'm still not going to bed!

guru, if I fall asleep in class tomorrow, it's your fault.
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'll be on first thing in the am to check it out.
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:37 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Crag makes me think of the top of a mountain. Mountains are good cover, as is steel. So maybe his special power boosts the defense of figures that are adjacent to him. Though to make it something that we have not seen before it would have to boost your defense for either a normal attack or a special attack, but not both. With the number of flying special attacks added to the game with the wyrmlings my money is on it boosting defense in the face of special attacks.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I've got it!

Crack of Steel
Siege is always Guru's first choice when using the crack.

It's so obvious! Siege was who Guru forgot was a new sculpt, and he also is the one who Guru forgot to get the preview ready for.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:43 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
Quote:

Crag makes me think of the top of a mountain. Mountains are good cover, as is steel. So maybe his special power boosts the defense of figures that are adjacent to him. Though to make it something that we have not seen before it would have to boost your defense for either a normal attack or a special attack, but not both. With the number of flying special attacks added to the game with the wyrmlings my money is on it boosting defense in the face of special attacks.
Would love it if he had synergy with the other Warforged, but I think of a Juggernaut as being more of solo attacker than a cheerleader. Besides I doubt the designers would ever make another Raelin.
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hey fellas, I just got word that theGuru won't be able to put up the preview till around 3am EST. Sorry for the delay.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:45 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
Quote:

That's it. It's a defensive power. C'mon, mountain of steel - that sounds like a walking fortress, enhancing your other figs, all the while being tough enough to keep on cheerleadin'. This (assumption) makes me think that Siege will have an impressive stat-block, leaning toward offense (considering the defensive benefits that CRAG OF STEEL would seem to imply).

Ah...it's been a long day. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws...

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old September 29th, 2010, 11:47 PM

Extreme Kiwi Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Hey fellas, I just got word that theGuru won't be able to put up the preview till around 3am EST. Sorry for the delay.
................Zzz.......Zzz......Zzz
Looks like I'm waiting until morning

BOOM!!!!! Headshot!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News