Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 17th, 2020, 09:40 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sentry ~ Waiting for Initial

@LordVenoc any specifics in armies we should check? He’s essentially just a huge beatstick. Not sure he really cares about Cap. Aside from normal Champion synergies I was thinking of running him with Iron Patriot.
Old July 17th, 2020, 10:18 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sentry ~ Waiting for Initial

Ran a batch of heavy hitters. He struggles against people with "magical defense" style abilities, since he can't really make use of his exploding suns. But raw damage he excels in. And Reality Warp is a suped up Backbreaker from Bane. But his markers came really close each time, it's scary. I'm enjoying him so far. I'm thinking of starting at 470 in armies.

Quote:
Vs Superman II:
Superman with 4 wounds
(1 Instability Marker from Reality Warp, 0 wounds with Suns)

Vs Superman II:
Superman with 1 wound
(3 Instability markers and healed once, 0 wounds with Suns)

Vs Superman II:
Sentry with 7 wounds
(Healed once, and used Reality Warp to gain a third marker to finish Superman. 0 wounds with Suns)

Vs Superman II:
Superman with 3 wounds (Sentry was finished by Agoraphobia)
(No Reality Warp usage, he took 2 markers the first two turns so didn’t risk it. 2 wounds with Suns)

Vs Superman II:
Sentry with 6 wounds
(Healed once. 2 wounds with Suns)

Vs Superman II:
Superman with 1 wound
(No Reality Warp usage. Sentry took 5 wounds in one hit to die. 1 Wound with Suns)

Vs Omni-Man
Omni-Man with 4 wounds
(Two Reality Warps used for healing. 0 wounds with Suns. Omni-Man just takes one wound at a time, then heals)

Vs Omni-Man
Sentry with 3 wounds
(Two Reality Warps used. One for healing round one, and one to finish off Omni-Man. 0 wounds with Suns)

Vs Iron Man Thorbuster
Sentry with 6 wounds
(Two Reality Warps used. Both offensively. 0 wounds with suns)

Vs Iron Man Thorbuster
Thorbuster with 3 wounds (Which is just 1 turn away from a Sentry win. If he didn’t kill Sentry THAT EXACT TURN he was done)
(One Reality Warp used offensively. 0 wounds with suns)

Vs Dark Phoenix
Phoenix with 6 wounds
(One Reality Warp used to heal. 1 wound with Suns. 3 Instability Markers)

Vs Dark Phoenix
Sentry with 4 wounds
(Two Reality Warps both offensive. 0 wounds with Suns. 3 Instability markers)

Vs Dark Phoenix
Sentry with 6 wounds
(One Reality Warp Offensively. 1 wound with Suns to finish Phoenix. 3 Instability Markers)

Vs Dark Phoenix
Sentry with 4 wounds
(One Reality Warp Offensively. 2 wounds with Suns. 3 Instability Markers.

Vs Dark Phoenix
Sentry with 2 wounds
(Phoenix shot Sentry, then Sentry grabbed height and dealt 8 wounds in one hit, finishing her with a Reality Warp! 1 Instability Marker from the finisher)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Sentry

Army Test
Summary: Sentry smash. He completely solo-d the other team. His reality warp made short work of Prof X right from the start, and they couldn’t keep up the momentum. He was close to death a few times, but always healed when he got too close. Angel kept some of the Xmen away from his exploding Suns auto-wounds which was cool. The main thing to note was that Sentry left the board, but was back after a single round, and that wasn’t enough time for the Xmen to move across the board to attack the Justice League.
Map: Custom
Units: Sentry (470), Batman (JL), Wonder Woman (JL), Atom (1080) (LP)

Vs

Prof X, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, AOA Nightcrawler (MrNobody)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Summary: This game was interesting. Sentry charged forward, dealing 3 wounds to Sue right off the bat, and finishing her in a single turn with Reality Warp! But after that, Johnny took 4 wounds pretty quick and Ben smashed Sentry into the ground. Ben also killed Green Arrow in one hit, so the backup army couldn’t gain any momentum and lost.
Units: Sentry (470), Green Arrow (JL), Black Canary, Batgirl (Stephanie) (1000) (LP)

Vs

Fantastic Four (MrNobody)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Summary: The plan here was to make use of Sentry’s return mechanics by utilizing really annoying to kill people like Spider-Man. Now Sentry killed Nightwing in a single hit, so this game was pretty much DOA, but I tried to put up a good fight. Changeling and Raven tried to focus on Sentry, unsuccessfully, while Mia tried to snipe Spiderman (Unsuccessfully).
Units: Sentry, Robot, Spider-Man, Ant-Man (O’Grady) (990) (MrNobody)

Vs

Nightwing, Changeling, Raven, Superboy, Arrowette, Speedy (Mia) (990) (LP)

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Balance? Nope, he’s a monster. I have some tweaks down below. He’s REALLY good, but I think we can fix him up.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
But on the positive side, he’s a blast. He feels just like Sentry should. We definitely succeeded in capturing the character, now all we have to do is fine tune him to be balanced, which is what we’re good at.

Last edited by Lord Pyre; July 20th, 2020 at 01:50 PM.
Old July 8th, 2020, 10:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sentry ~ (Breathing)

So even if you manage to avoid his 8 attack dice, you still face unblockables? That's a hard sell for me.
Old July 8th, 2020, 10:10 PM
...has moist legs

I mean, it still has the negative (In my opinion) of just making the opponents spread out, with the onus is on the attack, rather than Sentry able to blast at will.

Plus it's downright bonkers, damage-wise, like Yoda says. I like being a choice between attacking or unblockables for that reason.

(Also not really pertinent, but he IS a telepath. Along with everything else )
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would tweak what johnny has to make it work only if he has markers on him. Otherwise you'd just try to never get markers on, because you'd be getting a huge attack or an unblockable. I think you want that push/pull of there being upside for having markers on him.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 9th, 2020, 12:02 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I would tweak what johnny has to make it work only if he has markers on him. Otherwise you'd just try to never get markers on, because you'd be getting a huge attack or an unblockable. I think you want that push/pull of there being upside for having markers on him.

Well you HAVE to have at least one, otherwise it'd be within 0 spaces of himself. All iterations of the power we've talked about have needed at least one to do anything.
Old July 9th, 2020, 12:02 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Even if the details aren't all there yet, johnny's direction feels a lot more evocative to me. Absolutely overwhelming force against one enemy and then happening to hurt other people in the blast radius feels more Sentry to me than calculated crowd control.
Old July 9th, 2020, 12:58 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m sold!
Old July 9th, 2020, 01:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I dig it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 9th, 2020, 01:49 PM
...has moist legs

Sweet. Updated! Pretty wordy card, but I'm sure we can find a few cuts if we need.

I propose we move to Initial Testing!

Like I said I'll run some heavy hitters to get an initial feel for him, but I'm still thinking about 450 points here. The markers will be the biggest deciding factor, obviously.
Old July 9th, 2020, 01:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sentry ~ Vote for Initial!

Yea
Old July 9th, 2020, 02:16 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sentry ~ Vote for Initial!

yea

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library