Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old March 4th, 2020, 05:28 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to White Knight again.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old March 5th, 2020, 08:09 PM

scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby!

Roman Archers (Scanned)
Old March 6th, 2020, 04:14 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Anubian Wolf 1b (matte) (2nd render)
Ashigaru Yari 2 (matte)
Roman Archer 2 (matte)
Tagawa Samurai 1 (matte)
Old March 6th, 2020, 07:10 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So I'm thinking about sneaking a few prints on my workshop's Makerbot printers (PLA). I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on support settings. I went with the pre-filled settings, but some of the supports look like they print with missing vertical sections of material. I imagine adjusting the support density would fix this, but figured I'd ask if anyone has found settings that frequently work for them.

If it helps the first prints I'm going to attempt are Sujoah (the one with the wings attached) and the fyorlag spiders. I'm guessing those wings are going to be the most likely source of failure.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old March 6th, 2020, 08:06 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
So I'm thinking about sneaking a few prints on my workshop's Makerbot printers (PLA). I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on support settings. I went with the pre-filled settings, but some of the supports look like they print with missing vertical sections of material. I imagine adjusting the support density would fix this, but figured I'd ask if anyone has found settings that frequently work for them.

If it helps the first prints I'm going to attempt are Sujoah (the one with the wings attached) and the fyorlag spiders. I'm guessing those wings are going to be the most likely source of failure.
What software are you using to create the build file?

Here is my CURA profile that I use for miniatures:
WK CURA profile

If you don't have CURA, I'll post my individual settings later.
Old March 6th, 2020, 08:43 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post

What software are you using to create the build file?

Here is my CURA profile that I use for miniatures:
WK CURA profile

If you don't have CURA, I'll post my individual settings later.
I'm using Makerbot Print.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old March 7th, 2020, 12:31 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Not as happy with this paint job, but they’re definitely recognizable! I also started this with a coat of mod pod he which really removes the layer lines from the finished product.
Old March 7th, 2020, 08:45 PM

Herofly knows what's in an order marker Herofly knows what's in an order marker

Love these scans, so glad I checked back in on heroscapers and found this thread. Gives me hope that I might one day fill out my collection.

scapedood, do you by chance have a fen hydra you could scan? If you do I'll hold off printing a copy until a better file is uploaded.
Old March 7th, 2020, 10:07 PM

scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby! scapedood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herofly View Post
Love these scans, so glad I checked back in on heroscapers and found this thread. Gives me hope that I might one day fill out my collection.

scapedood, do you by chance have a fen hydra you could scan? If you do I'll hold off printing a copy until a better file is uploaded.
I do not, would be happy to scan any though
Old March 9th, 2020, 12:54 PM

Hey White Knight, do you have any advice on how to remove figures from bases? I might just have bad luck, but all mine seem to basically be glued into those holes. I've broken some of my figures trying to take them off of there bases
Old March 9th, 2020, 01:32 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

They are glued in, it is relatively hard to get them off without damaging. The only way I've gotten them off without cutting is by pushing under the pegs really hard with something that creates even force against them like a wood dowel. Even then they may break or tear off the sticker, etc.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old March 9th, 2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapedood View Post
Hey White Knight, do you have any advice on how to remove figures from bases? I might just have bad luck, but all mine seem to basically be glued into those holes. I've broken some of my figures trying to take them off of there bases
I know some guys just take a pair of dykes and slowly chew away the old base until you get to the the figure.

I haven't actually re-based any figures myself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing