Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 6th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Thoughts on wave nine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orc king 101 View Post
Mayan and aztec indians or red indians would be cool, but what army would they fight for?
Careful, there, tough-guy. Some people might take offense at that...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:39 PM

Choctaw is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Naw, we are used to hearing things like that from white guys!!
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Ok, I am ready to make my Prognostications....

Pack 1 - Heroes:

Giant Spider, queen of the Spiders - may bond with Fyorlag or Predators.
Marro that has been previewed in sketch.
Skeletal Knight Hero, similar to Dendrick.
Native American Chief, to bond with NA Warriors.
Elven 9th Wiz - bond with the WOA, but weak ranged attack.

Pack 2 - Insects and Warriors
4x Preying Mantises
3x Native American Warriors

Pack 3 - Skeletal Cavalry - opposite of the Knights templar

pack 4 - Skeletal archers and something else, I expect a Kyrie Vydar squad.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:48 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteWolf View Post
yeah i would like to see different types of indians also
particularly the Aztec Jaguar Warrior and maybe even an African Zulu squad with throwing spears
The African Zulu squad I would really like to see. They could go to Aquilla's army and they would be a good additon to the army and they can also have the ability to charge and they can run from up to six spaces to nine or more, those guys would be really good.

I also really like to see is more roman soldiers, like roman calvary. ( I don't care what others might think but I really like the romans.) Also they would have war dogs, spear throwers and things like that. I hope they can come up with more of them someday.

Also for Einar he would get new british troops from the 1800's, when they first spread their empire across africa, where they also met the zulu empire. All those guys I think should really get into Eniar's army.
Old February 7th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw View Post
Glad someone's got a sense of humor about these things!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 7th, 2009, 09:35 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw View Post
Glad someone's got a sense of humor about these things!

Brandon
Welcome to the site, Choctaw!
Old February 7th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I find it interesting that the Ullar Protectors, which everyone was sure was part of Wave 9 before, has virtually dropped off all recent predictions. I still think these will be part of Wave 9, personally, but honestly who knows.

I'm also noticing less and less predictions for a Gladiator squad, which I thought at one point was a sure Wave 9 unit. Things like the Dreadguls, raptorians, Mariedians, and dragonhunters have dropped off many lists as well (though most of these were hopeful thinking and some may be more for background color than actual play).

The challenge at this point is that so many squads or possibilities have been mentioned that it is hard to put it together. Plus, we know from experience that things get mentioned, then come out 3 waves later (or more), or were mentioned in Wave 1 and still haven't come.

My sense is that the Journal is designed to help place/prep for units even more than the bios, so I'm still hoping that Protectors may be in this wave. But, honestly, I'm just glad we are going to finally find out, and not that long from now...
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:10 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I forgot all about a Gladiator squad, and also about Migol, and they're already in the FAQ!

The Dreadguls would be nice as well to give Valguard a little boost. He's much maligned right now, though I still like him as a hero.

I figured the Vydar / Ullar Kyrie were being shelved until the game could handle more ranged fliers, but we already have Ulginesh and a bunch of dragons... maybe its time?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 7th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Syrn Woo who?

I think I agree with an Elven Wizard idea. Maybe with a lightning strike and a if you wound attack again thing.
I would really like to see what the Ullar and Vydar Kyrie will look like. I can't really imagine, maybe with Ullar extra defense next to all trees?
This wave should close up all the gaps with forseen characters so WotC can start new lines. I'm thinking maybe a lot of Aquilla characters.

~Syrn

GO DK, GO!
Old February 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM

HalsefighterX is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I personally hope for a Dragon for Aquilla.

Maybe some kind of soulborg for one of the factions that has no one from Alpha Prime yet. Possibly some units who get bonuses from terrain types that don't get used too much, to encourage the use of Lava, ice, swamp, or snow more often. The packs could even come with cooled lava like the snow that came with small boosters a few waves ago.
Old February 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

I think that your maybe right Syrn. Because since with the new general and all,the ninth wave should not only have more marro units but also it has to start with more squads of aquilla and a few heros to go with it. No matter what we think, we will still get more of those marro and all of us will not be sure what the wave 9 will come up with. If its new units for Aquilla then thats fine. We all will just have to wait and see and hope for what will come out in the next set.

P.S. I have been thinking on what will come up for later waves. Don't you think that Eniar would get the spartans, since he had the greeks and their hero with them.

Also for Aquilla should he also have the centaurs for his army. ( They are half-horse and half human) They would either carry long swords or maybe could have archers or things like that.

(Should Aquilla have those warriors?)
Old February 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrn View Post
I think I agree with an Elven Wizard idea. Maybe with a lightning strike and a if you wound attack again thing.
I would really like to see what the Ullar and Vydar Kyrie will look like. I can't really imagine, maybe with Ullar extra defense next to all trees?
This wave should close up all the gaps with forseen characters so WotC can start new lines. I'm thinking maybe a lot of Aquilla characters.
I am fairly certain it would be impossible to do this. Between the bios and the Journal, there are so many units suggested or hinted at, that I believe there will always be trailing/open lines and options. (Which, btw, I love.)

I do hope that this wave closes some of the bigger gaps (Protectors, Gladiators, and Mareidians are high on my list; Natives, Skeleton Cavalry, and Aquilla Moon Tribe very close seconds, as well as the dragon hunters and Dreadguls--oops--too many for a single wave already...), but I am just happy to know another wave is coming.

And I agree that I hope that WotC will develop some new ideas, but that is yet to be seen...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion