Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 1st, 2022, 11:09 PM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Holy Craperoni! I was not expecting anywhere near that much content for around that pricepoint. Backed!

Question, since I've never participated in a kickstarter, but if I buy two does that count as two backers? If so, I'll go ahead and nab two.

What is strange is I thought they would offer the different factions, especially since people may like to build their armies around certain themes/factions. Really like the Nemesis War Brood and Dryan Lifeborne Order but not at all a fan of the Clockwork Combine (besides the awesomeness that is the polar bears lol). The lack of historical units is sorely missed (I won't get into that conversation haha). One thing I don't like is the new cards. Quite disapointed in that regard.

If it gets closer, and the goal is not quite yet reached, I'll back with the max of 5 but my goodness I have no idea what I'll do with so many extra of the units I don't care for. Also, can you back more than 5 or just 5 for each checkout? I don't want to have so many repeat uniques, but if the survival of Heroscape depends on it, I'll do what I can.
Old October 1st, 2022, 11:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Little over 10% on the first day. That's a tad worrying since alot of the big KS games fund fast in the first 24hours. Haslab is different I guess but a lot of the folks on the discord or here likely are early backers.

I've thrown money at big games like Dark tower, monsterpocolopse, he-man by c'mon, the street fighter mini game from jasco, and GKR from weta. 250$ for these figures and that terrain is a good deal in today's market especially since it is open and play (the color plastic does a lot for that).

I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not we will always have C3V.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 1st, 2022, 11:42 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Waves View Post
I'm going to be backing it but I think having 1 'all-in' set rather than individual tiers was a huge mistake. $250 is great value for what we get, but it's still a significant amount of money that a lot of people are not going to be able to afford/be willing to play. It would have been a much better idea to have a base tier that includes all the terrain plus say 2 or 3 of the factions, and then have each subsequent tier include 1 additional faction. As it is, there's going to be a ton of casual players who skip out on this completely because $250 is way more than they're willing to put in for.
I do share this mentality
73-78 figures (71+ 2-7 bonus) figures is comparable to the 30 in RoTV + 25 in Mallidon's Prophecy+ 22 in Utgar's rage.

The terrain is roughly comparable to RoTV+ Ticalla Jungle + something between RttFF and FoTA
Market price in 2004 would then be ~ $40+50x2+$20x2= $190. Given inflation, this lines up surprisingly well.
The pricing for the whole package is quite reasonable, it is just a high buy-in, and offering lower tiers closer to the size of RoTV or SoTM would make hitting the goal much easier. It feels like Hasbro shooting HS in the foot again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 1st, 2022, 11:47 PM

ChaosCron is surprisingly tart

Shouldn't the Haslab crowdfund be on the frontpage?
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:00 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

More foot shooting going on here....

The e-mail Hasbro Pulse sent me yesterday with today's line-up never mentions Heroscape once. Just Avalon Hill at 2:15 PM ET. If I hadn't already known about the Heroscape re-launch, I never would have known from the marketing.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:03 AM

Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker

Just a quick question: if you back it, when would the actual payment happen? I read something about later, but when is later?
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:07 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

When the campaign ends (ie. 45 days after it starts). Won't be charged if the goal is not met.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:07 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
I do share this mentality
73-78 figures (71+ 2-7 bonus) figures is comparable to the 30 in RoTV + 25 in Mallidon's Prophecy+ 22 in Utgar's rage.
I thought about this comparison with the number of figures as well.

AoA gives you Furries vs Bugs vs Cyborgs vs Druids vs Space Pirates (who are the most varied of the bunch).

By the end of Utgar's Rage, we had Samurai vs Vikings vs Agents vs Aliens vs Orcs vs Robots vs Soldiers vs a Kyrie vs a dragon vs an Elf (up to now only RotV) vs Snakes vs different Robots vs more Kyrie vs Romans vs Knights vs Werewolves vs Musketmen vs a Troll. Most of those thematic factions were represented by at least one squad + one hero with several factions that you could really field as huge armies because of common figures and at least three cards (Romans, Orcs, Marro). That was the magic of the Battle of All Time.

I think AoA looks okay as a one and done - five factions fleshed out so they don't need much more. I think not having the SotM heroes in the base offering and not having the Kyrie done for the preview was not such a good idea.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:11 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!

Anyone else from Australia wondering how we can access the campaign given that Haslabs don't appear to ship to Australia... ��

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 12:37 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was charged $30 for shipping, did I make a mistake here?
Old October 2nd, 2022, 01:01 AM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm officially in, but I'm a little concerned about the 8k backer target.

Does anybody have any hot ideas as to how to get the word out a little more widely about the campaign?

There are plenty of people out there, myself included, who have been in and out of the community over the last decade or so. I found out about AoA thanks to a random, nostalgia-motivated, YouTube search, and I could have easily missed it all. I feel like there have to be people out there that would readily back the campaign, but for whatever reason aren't lurking in boardgame forums as much these days.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old October 2nd, 2022, 01:17 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
I am surprised that so many are disappointed. I am excited. My wife and our boys are excited. I was surprised the price was only $250 for what we are getting. Based on the board game and especially the miniature game markets, I was hoping for $300 as the max pledge. I expected $500 for everything.
Yes this exactly! The price is very generous! This is a fair deal for sure!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion