Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old September 15th, 2013, 01:18 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Games in the Scytaleverse - ROUND 2

Welcome to Games in the Scytaleverse. This will be an online league using customs by Scytale. We're working on getting a figure template made once we know which figures will be used in the armies. That means it will probably be a little while before this gets up and running.

Format: Take 2, 500 points, at least 300 of which must be Scytale's Customs. No VC.

Matches: There will be 3 pools of 3.

Schedule games with the other two players in your pool. Let's shoot for 3 weeks to complete both games. Roll up a map (1-10 Asphalt Cocktail, 11-20 Morh), and roll off to see who gets first army choice. The winner may choose an army or defer choice to their opponent. The loser decides who places their entire army first.

The first players from each pool to finish their games will be grouped into another pool. After all players have been regrouped and finished those games the top 2 will face off in a Championship match. Play-in games as needed.

ROUND 1:
Spoiler Alert!

ROUND 2:
Spoiler Alert!

Armies:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs:
Spoiler Alert!

Players in the Event:
1. greygnarl
2. Scytale
3. Soundwarp SG-1
4. Simval
5. capsocrates
6. Heroscaper Guy
7. infectedsloth
8. I.S.B.3
9. dok

Subs:
1. Arch-vile

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by dok; January 5th, 2014 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Title only
Old September 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Games in the Scytaleverse - Signup!

So we're going to play an unspecified number of games over an unspecified amount of time with only one army? Can't we do a draft, or a draft pool, or take 2 or something so we can try out different armies and army cards?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 15th, 2013, 12:45 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

I sign up ! The slow pace is great, because I'm already in other OHS events. :P

However, I agree with Capsocrates : bringing one army is less fun and a draft or something like that would allow us to try different stuff.
Old September 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I'd rather have a bring 2 format than a draft, but I agree that either is preferable to just bringing 1 army.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 15th, 2013, 01:06 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Are you guys putting together top-down images for all of Scytale's customs?

Good luck with the event! Really neat idea.
Old September 15th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Are you guys putting together top-down images for all of Scytale's customs?
Hopefully, at least the ones needed for this. I need to contact awesomeunleashed to get the details about getting that to work.
Old September 15th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Cool format! I'll probably enter this. How will you determine who wins and such if everyone plays a different amount of games?

I agree the draft sounds more interesting here; I'd rather try out a ton of Scytale customs than just one army's worth.
Old September 15th, 2013, 02:55 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We're probably going to do a round robin with the main thread used for scheduling, so everyone will play the same amount of games, just that it will take different amounts of time depending on how often you are able to schedule games.

One army is just to keep things simple for the first incarnation of this, as I want people to be able to jump in and just learn their army and the cards they'll be playing against each game. In the C3G draft events I had to learn my opponent's entire draft pool before I could even make a pick, and it's easy to miss a synergy or something.

Last edited by greygnarl; September 15th, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old September 15th, 2013, 05:55 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Take 2 or Take 3, or at least alternating Reverse the Whip. Please?

--
--
--

--
Old September 15th, 2013, 06:05 PM

Actually that's a good idea. We'll do pool play, and then the top halves will advance to a final pool that is Reverse the Whip, while the bottom half will advance to a RtW consolation pool.

Last edited by greygnarl; September 15th, 2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old September 15th, 2013, 06:39 PM

No, alternating Reverse the Whip; straight Reverse the Whip is a very unpleasant format.

--
--
--

--
Old September 15th, 2013, 06:47 PM

Alternating Reverse the Whip is too hard to implement here.

I guess if everyone would like Take 2 we can do that, and I see your argument, but I feel like it would be much easier to just do a straight tourney. I'll get a new signup form going.

EDIT: New form up.

Last edited by greygnarl; September 15th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events