Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 14th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Doctor Fate - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm, we need a ruling from Sir G here.
On Scarlet Witch's actual card, like here, it's "can take for this attack is one."
On Sir G's spreadsheet, which I was going by (but I guess shouldn't have been ) it says "can receive from that attack is one."
I think "receive" is the more official verb than "take" but I'm not sure ...
I'm sure my brain just filtered what I thought it should have said.

To me, "this" implies something that the figure has (The figure equipped with this glyph); "that" implies something that is further away or belongs to someone else.

receive/take and for/from are pick 'ems.

So whatever the group decides I am fine with (including correcting my spreadsheet)

And Crixus's card says "the most wounds Crixus can take for this attack is one."

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by SirGalahad; March 10th, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we go as is, then, if Crixus' card is that way.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 14th, 2011, 04:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I think we go as is, then, if Crixus' card is that way.
Lucky I never changed it then
Old February 14th, 2011, 05:23 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The playtest is updated with his heavy hitter tests, btw. I'll try to get squad tests going in a bit as well.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 14th, 2011, 11:53 PM

All right, Doctor Fate is wrapped up! I recommend putting his cost at 290 points moving forward.

Old February 15th, 2011, 12:55 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
All right, Doctor Fate is wrapped up! I recommend putting his cost at 290 points moving forward.
It appears Helm of Nabu didn't help at all? Would it have made a difference to your game plan if it was just the +1 for each unrevealed OM, instead of the remove OM to get +1?

Cheers
Old February 15th, 2011, 01:03 AM

It might've won initiative for me a couple of times. There were just very few D20 rolls that came down to 1 or 2 for the most part. I could see just making it a static +1 for each unrevealed OM though, and removing the tactical decision (though I do think the decision is fun). Maybe keep the mechanic as is but make it a +2 instead? Sure that'd max out at +6 (or +8 for initiative rolls) but you'd have to kill most if not all of your round to accomplish that, so it's a nice trade off. Most of the time it'd just be a timely +2 or +4 with OM X and OM 3.

Old February 15th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am telling you guys, if you make that D20 power any more powerful, it can be broken by an experienced player. Subtlety is our friend here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Edit View Post
HELM OF NABU
Anytime after you have rolled the 20-sided die, you may immediately remove any unrevealed Order Markers from this card. Add one to the roll for each unrevealed Order Marker you remove. Helm of Nabu cannot be used when rolling the 20-sided die for an Event Hero.

Strategy - OM 1 goes on Darkseid or Redskull and OMs 2, 3, and X go on Dr. Fate. Now I have a 25% (16 or higher) chance of destroying anyone (assuming Darkseid wounded the figure). And Red Skull could have multiple targets. Sure I am giving up a round to destroy Superman or Thor, but Dr. Fate isn't going to take many wounds with his Magical Defense.

See, this is already a very powerful ability, and in the right/wrong hands, it may already be too powerful (Bats isn't really the kinda guy who "breaks" things).

I am currently very worried about this design.
Old February 15th, 2011, 07:59 AM

OP updated with your edits.

I'm fine leaving it as is. I was just concerned that it didn't show in the test results. I am also fine to drop it just to +1 if there is at least one OM on his card & leave it there if the test say he is too powerful. But these tests don't say that. Should we wait for the public playtests or do others feel it should be dropped to the (only) +1 if there is at least one OM on his card?

Cheers
Old February 15th, 2011, 08:34 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
OP updated with your edits.

I'm fine leaving it as is. I was just concerned that it didn't show in the test results. I am also fine to drop it just to +1 if there is at least one OM on his card & leave it there if the test say he is too powerful. But these tests don't say that. Should we wait for the public playtests or do others feel it should be dropped to the (only) +1 if there is at least one OM on his card?

Cheers
I think the LP should test more and try to break it.
Old February 15th, 2011, 11:14 AM

I was thinking of running one more test today with Darkseid on his team. I'll give it a go with Darkseid, Dr. Fate, and Red Skull and see what happens.

Old February 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I was thinking of running one more test today with Darkseid on his team. I'll give it a go with Darkseid, Dr. Fate, and Red Skull and see what happens.
Awesome!

I have a bad feeling about this. ~ Han

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library