Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Doctor Fate - Design Phase

What about making it Numbered Order Markers? That would reduce most 20-sided die powers roll by another 5%.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Would it involve revealing them, though? Otherwise, how would anyone know they're numbered or not?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2011, 02:40 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Well, I don't think so. You have to reveal your numbers eventualy anyway. I would, personally, keep a close eye on this if I was your opponent because I would want to catch you if you were cheating. If your friends would cheat, maybe you need to get new friends.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 12th, 2011, 05:23 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Her D20 boost will have some species and class restrictions (at least in my initial write-up). Maybe something like this?

HELM OF NABU
Any time you roll the 20-sided die, you may remove any unrevealed Order Markers from this card. Add one to the roll for each unrevealed Order Marker you remove.

So it's still got uber powerful potential, but it comes at more of a cost ... ?
That is a hell of a cost, though. Can we keep this up our sleeves if after testing he is off the charts powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Well, I don't think so. You have to reveal your numbers eventualy anyway. I would, personally, keep a close eye on this if I was your opponent because I would want to catch you if you were cheating. If your friends would cheat, maybe you need to get new friends.
I really don't like to add to the game a component where you are trying to catch an opponent cheating.

Cheers
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:54 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, but if you get to determine after the roll whether or not to add to it ... then isn't the difference between an unsuccessful roll and a successful roll going to be worth it sometimes? And that would basically mean you're just paying for success ... which seems fair and balanced. The X-Marker (when on him) would be something you could toss away without worry, so that's like a +1 once a round no matter what ... I guess that doesn't help much with initiative, though.
How about something like this ...

HELM OF NABU
Any time you roll the 20-sided die, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may add one to the roll. After rolling, you may remove any unrevealed Order Markers from this card. Add one to the roll for each unrevealed Order Marker you remove.

So you get a default +1 just for having Dr. Fate alive and under your control (unless you already squandered all of your unrevealed Order Markers from this card). Then you can, after knowing what the roll is, add to it when it's worthwhile to ... but at a cost.

Old February 12th, 2011, 07:56 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Sounding good to me. Since it's being removed we can add Spidey's idea of a numbered OM so there is a real consequence.
Quote:
HELM OF NABU
Any time you roll the 20-sided die, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may add one to the roll. After rolling, you may remove any unrevealed numbered Order Markers from this card. Add one to the roll for each Order Marker you remove.
Also I removed the second "unrevealed" as I didn't believe the condition needed to be re-stipulated.

Cheers
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Yeah, but if you get to determine after the roll whether or not to add to it ... then isn't the difference between an unsuccessful roll and a successful roll going to be worth it sometimes? And that would basically mean you're just paying for success ... which seems fair and balanced. The X-Marker (when on him) would be something you could toss away without worry, so that's like a +1 once a round no matter what ... I guess that doesn't help much with initiative, though.

HELM OF NABU
Any time you roll the 20-sided die, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may add one to the roll. After rolling, you may remove any unrevealed Order Markers from this card. Add one to the roll for each unrevealed Order Marker you remove.

So you get a default +1 just for having Dr. Fate alive and under your control (unless you already squandered all of your unrevealed Order Markers from this card). Then you can, after knowing what the roll is, add to it when it's worthwhile to ... but at a cost.
To me that just seems a bit forceful for a power. It is like you have the basic version and the advanced version of the same power and you have just crammed them both together. Can't we just do one or the other?
Old February 12th, 2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:

HELM OF NABU

To me that just seems a bit forceful for a power. It is like you have the basic version and the advanced version of the same power and you have just crammed them both together. Can't we just do one or the other?
OK, do you prefer the dull version or the version that's going to be used very rarely because there's a big, but necessary cost associated with it?

Old February 12th, 2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Sounding good to me. Since it's being removed we can add Spidey's idea of a numbered OM so there is a real consequence.
Quote:
HELM OF NABU
Any time you roll the 20-sided die, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may add one to the roll. After rolling, you may remove any unrevealed numbered Order Markers from this card. Add one to the roll for each Order Marker you remove.
Also I removed the second "unrevealed" as I didn't believe the condition needed to be re-stipulated.

Cheers
Looks good to me.

Old February 12th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
HELM OF NABU

Cheers
Looks good to me.
Yeah, that looks cool

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:

HELM OF NABU

OK, do you prefer the dull version or the version that's going to be used very rarely because there's a big, but necessary cost associated with it?
HELM OF NABU
Any time you roll the 20-sided die, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may add one to the roll.

That is only dull because of the all the other cool stuff going on on this card and in our game. This is still a very useful and powerful power.

HELM OF NABU
After rolling the 20-sided die, you may remove any unrevealed Order Markers from this card. Add one to the roll for each unrevealed Order Marker you remove.

How is this not useful? This is interesting, powerful, and fun.

We do not need both powers in one - that is a trend that we need to work away from IMO.
Old February 13th, 2011, 05:55 PM

Ok as LD my decision is:

Quote:
HELM OF NABU
After you roll the 20-sided die, you may remove any unrevealed Order Markers from this card. Add one to the roll for each unrevealed Order Marker you remove. Helm of Nabu cannot be used when rolling the 20-sided die for an Event Hero.
I still want to avoid adding to Event Heroes as they are powerful enough to make their own luck & too self important to listen to Dr Fate.

Cheers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library