Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 10th, 2021, 12:33 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Welcome to the Engineers of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Grish, what rough dimensions for these are you wanting. For example, height depth, width, etc? Do you want playable interiors etc? Or I could possibly just mock something up based off the pictures above. This project isn’t really going in a direction that I would like, but I wouldn’t mind helping the mighty Grishnakh. You’ve done a lot for me in getting me hooked on making miniatures terrain with all your great tutorials. It would be more of a thank you from my end for all your contributions. Also. I really love games like frostgrave and have scratch built a ton of stuff for that along with 3D printing.
Thanks for the offer Trex. I really only dug that old project up as a concept example of what I thought this new group might possibly look at doing. I don't know, perhaps I thought I could help steer the members into focusing and thinking about creating new classic 'Scape terrain, much like the designers at Hasbro might have done back in the day.

As 3d printing has become more accessible the possibilities of a terrain start up group forming has become a lot more viable. Not like the "old days" (when I was more active here) where all we had was cardboard and glue! Lol. Sorry to see it's probably not going to happen. It does take strong leadership, and someone with a vision to get this kinda group thing going. And that whole individual vision thing is probably why I think the kind of terrain one builds is more on an individual level, rather than on a group one. Besides, I enjoy the people on this site that work alone on custom material. Never was a fan of design by committee, I'm too damn independent myself!

Regardless, sorry for the late reply. I had to travel outta state on some sad family business and it's occupied my time. I have no plans for the Kyrie building concept that I posted. If you, or someone else, wants to use some of those concepts and create something out of it I'd say go for it.

As for me, I moved on to a few other games that I have enjoyed modifying, tinkering with and building terrain for. But who knows. My son and I actually dusted off and revised a lot of our Superhero cards recently, invited some friends over, played a couple of games, and enjoyed the hell out of it. I think my modified version of what I think 'Scape both is, and can be, will hit the table a little more often in the future. After all these years that it's sat gathering dust on my shelves it's still is a great game! Especially when you pour your own creativity into it and really just make it your own, rather than just play it straight outta the box as is. It's such a robust system. And I'm glad to hear that it's served as a springboard for you to be actively creative in other games that you play. That, in and of itself, is what I think makes this hobby of ours so wonderful.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles