Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 28th, 2019, 08:54 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Bumblebee (Breathe Bee)

Mechanically, being double-based actually has some advantages for someone with Carry. Also it would let him ford water tiles, which is a plus considering 'water operations guy' is part of his original bio.

But my thing is just more like... being double-based means people with Transformers collections can use whatever Bumblebee they want out of their collection without having to buy some random subline toy (like no-one collects that kinda stuff) and people without much knowledge can just buy whatever Bumblebee they happen to find without worrying if they got the right one (there's like over a hundred different Bumblebee toys). IDK, not a big deal, but double-based just seems like the safer play.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 28th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I guess if we choose convenience over game play.
Dr. Manhattan is Large 9 and Stilt-Man is Large 12 for past examples.
Old May 29th, 2019, 12:03 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Thanks.
I did move disengage. It was originally part of Evasive Autobot.
D'oh! That's what I get for leaning on my memory too much. I'm stepping on rakes everywhere today.

It does feel odd to me where it is right now, but I'm definitely cool with the effect. Feels right from what I know of the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I guess if we choose convenience over game play.
Dr. Manhattan is Large 9 and Stilt-Man is Large 12 for past examples.
Manhattan's Huge 8 - I'll have to fix the Index in the next version. Stilt-Man is a pretty different case from guys who are giant and actually have bulk to em.

I don't think accessibility for people who have 'a Bumblebee figure' instead of 'this specific Bumblebee figure' is such a bad thing - how reliably will there be some Bumblebee figure at a comparable size to this one that's easily purchasable? (That's not a pointed question, I genuinely have no idea, and the answer would inform my feelings about the accessibility of the figure choice)

Last edited by Ronin; May 29th, 2019 at 12:24 AM.
Old May 29th, 2019, 01:01 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I hear you guys on the just grab any old Bee figure you can find appeal, but the figure we found really is perfectly sized for an 80's themed Bee. He's grown bigger since the recent live action movies have come out, which is why so many of the toys have him the same size as Jazz. He really was and should be the smaller Autobot who could hide in a human sized environment, that was how he contributed to the team. Making him a double sized huge figure like all the other Autobots seems off to me.

Oh, and T you need to post the thread link.

Last edited by Yodaking; May 29th, 2019 at 01:31 AM.
Old May 29th, 2019, 05:10 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I hear you guys on the just grab any old Bee figure you can find appeal, but the figure we found really is perfectly sized for an 80's themed Bee. He's grown bigger since the recent live action movies have come out, which is why so many of the toys have him the same size as Jazz. He really was and should be the smaller Autobot who could hide in a human sized environment, that was how he contributed to the team. Making him a double sized huge figure like all the other Autobots seems off to me.
This

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2019, 07:00 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I mean, double-spaced doesn't necessarily mean "way bigger." We can even use the same figure here if he's a good scale match and can "cheat" onto two spaces. There are pros and cons but, like - if our average cars are double spaced, shouldn't a robot that turns into a car also be double spaced? Beep beep?
Old May 29th, 2019, 07:18 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I mean, double-spaced doesn't necessarily mean "way bigger." We can even use the same figure here if he's a good scale match and can "cheat" onto two spaces. There are pros and cons but, like - if our average cars are double spaced, shouldn't a robot that turns into a car also be double spaced? Beep beep?
1) Bumblebee isn't always in car mode;
2) A Volkswagen is smaller than a sports car;
3) Being small, deft and mobile is Bumblebee's specialty - being double spaced kind of shatters that idea. He shouldn't take up more space than Giant Man.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

"Size of a Volkswagen Beetle" and "quick and nimble compared to other Autobots" might warrant emphasizing his smallness in a Transformers setting, but when compared to the 800+ superhero designs we already have, he's still a giant robot.

Like, can Bumblebee really hide in the jungle or shadow spaces? Like duck behind a four foot bush and get a bonus despite being a huge yellow car-person?
Old May 29th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
"Size of a Volkswagen Beetle" and "quick and nimble compared to other Autobots" might warrant emphasizing his smallness in a Transformers setting, but when compared to the 800+ superhero designs we already have, he's still a giant robot.

Like, can Bumblebee really hide in the jungle or shadow spaces? Like duck behind a four foot bush and get a bonus despite being a huge yellow car-person?
In the cartoon, yes. But honestly, the figure is probably a bit large for him thematically still. My suggestion is to just squint and ignore the issues of scale when it comes to Transformers.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 29th, 2019, 10:26 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If Stilt Man can get jungle coverage, I think Bee can.
Also of note, the Sports Car is Large.
Old May 29th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

If we're squinting on scale either way, we just have to decide how we're squinting - toward thematic consistency (compared to other Transformers) or toward practical concerns (ease of use for players). I don't really get the objections to going with Large 8 double-based, but I'm not a Transformers guy so that tracks. Might be worth polling out though.
Old May 29th, 2019, 10:35 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m with Tornado on this one. Single-spaced gives him a fairly unique role amongst the Transformers, and it seems like there’s enough options for “figures” that somebody can always find a single-spaced option without too much work. I had the original Bumblebee toy as a kid and if I remember correctly that one could’ve probably fit on a single space, maybe with a little overlap. I’m still personally for Huge though. Stilt-Man is an odd corner case vs. tons of figures that are 8 and are huge.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library