Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 15th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It's a needless ornamentation. The best designs are the ones that have the essential pieces and nothing else. Don't do it, Leaf It. It's clumsy and it adds nothing; it only hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I like the idea of allowing the defense to be lowered more by having more specters pass through the figure. I don't want it any more powerful that -2, just to make sure it isn't too good against commons, so that will be the limit. I'll get to testing with that.
I thought about suggesting that, but decided I don't like the idea. It's a bit too much memory-required. Remembering which figures the any Specter passed through isn't hard. Remembering, for every figure, how many Specters passed through it? When they're moving through a pack of figure, all from different directions and distances, it would quickly become a pain to remember.
Scytale is probably right.
Alright. This works out anyway, since I've already been testing without it. Now I just need to get the price nailed down a bit more.
Old June 15th, 2018, 05:59 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Why attack 2? Any thoughts on attack 3? Based on the miniatures, seems like it would be warranted.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 15th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Attack 2 seems right. They’re mobile, there are 4 per squad, and they reduce defense.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 15th, 2018, 06:26 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Attack 2 seems right. They’re mobile, there are 4 per squad, and they reduce defense.
Doesnt feel right to me, they look and feel like a 3 attack squad. Spectres are a powerful attacking creatures, not some ankle biting goblins.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 15th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don’t know why you keep spelling it wrong and making pronouncements about how they are supposed to be. Remember these are not D&D spectres. They are specters, from Arctorus. Things that go bump in the night in a scary world but not an established one.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 15th, 2018, 07:03 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Doesnt feel right to me, they look and feel like a 3 attack squad. Spectres are a powerful attacking creatures, not some ankle biting goblins.
It is attack of 2 because of the lowered defense. When I look at a design I see a line where attack and defense become threatening, and that line in at 2 attack/defense. 2 Attack won't get through much, and 2 defense won't block much. However once either of them become 3 attack/Defense, they are able to defend/harm much more reliably, even against figures with higher stats like 4/4 or 5/5. So at 3 attack they would be able to hurt things reliably regardless of the lowered defense, and the lowered defense would just compound the threat further. If it was a 2, or 3 figure squad I might consider it, but 4 attacks of 2 (3 on height) is pretty potent. They have Phantom walk so taking height isn't too difficult. As we've all witnessed, it only takes 1 skull to take down even a 9 defense figure. I don't want a very expensive squad to come out of this design, and I feel that 3 attack would be the thing that would push them above that point. Maybe I'll do a few tests and see how they feel, but I'm not likely to officially change it.
Old June 15th, 2018, 07:50 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Does anyone have any comments on my recent custom.
Name = Myrmidon
General = Valkrill
Planet = Eberron
Species = Human
Uniquity = Uncommon
Type = Hero
Class = Myrmidon
Personality = Tormented
Size = Medium
Height = 5

Master Stats
Life = 4
Move = 5
Range = 1
Attack = 3
Defense = 4

Basic Stats
Move = 6
Range = 1
Attack = 5
Defense = 4

Points = 60
(Single Spaced)

Critical Strike Chance
When you roll attack dice for any Normal Attack, you may re-roll all attack dice that did not show skulls. Critical Strike Chance can be used only once for each attack roll.

Critical Damage
When rolling attack dice against any figure, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

Critical Hit 100%
When rolling attack dice, if Myrmidon rolls a skull on every die, the defending figure can not roll defense dice. Critical Hit 100% does not affect destructible objects.

Number of Figures = 1
  • Targeting Point = Head
  • Grey Area = Sword
The figure used for this unit is Zhentarim Champion from Auggies Various pathfinder D&D Set. The name and model number is Zhentarim Champion Lords of Madness #059.
Old June 15th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

60 pts seems super low
Old June 15th, 2018, 08:44 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Reroll It Out

I'm assuming the reroll is just for him. It might need to be a bit clearer. I'm a bit surprised the figure would be Valkrill and from Eberron while pulling a name from the Peloponessian area. The powers also feels like it should be one power and it's not really exciting me and just feels like "when all you have is a hammer..." It is also going to be a lot of damage when it hits. Not sure I like that even on a slow non bonding hero.

~Dysole, very much in favor of the 2 attack for the specters (and also found it interesting that spectre sent her to specter when she googled definitions)
Old June 15th, 2018, 08:48 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
60 pts seems super low
The custom Myrmidon is a Uncommon Hero, so what should his point value be.
Old June 15th, 2018, 09:00 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

85 to 90, maybe more. Those powers could really hit for big damage. Seems overpowered at 60. 4 or 5 of those guys in a 500 pt army could really mop up. I'd say playtest and find out.
Old June 15th, 2018, 09:20 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Mathlete

Didn't calculate more precisely (or some kind of expected wounds) but one of those dudes is throwing six unblockable wounds 42% of the time. So you know most heroes get one shotted since there's no size restriction.

~Dysole, trying to think of a similar offensive firepower elsewhere

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards