Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 28th, 2015, 02:12 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

NAME = Ronin
SECRET IDENTY = Clint Barton
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ????
PERSONALITY = ????

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 140-150

PHANTOM WALK
Ronin can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. .

NUNCHUCK ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Ronin may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately..

CLOSE COMBAT EXPERT
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are
Ronin #031

Character Bio - Clint Barton is the second person to don the Ronin identity, becoming Ronin when he rejoined the New Avengers in the aftermath of Civil War. He attempted to hand the costume back to Echo after she was rescued from the Hand, but Echo declined and allowed him to keep it.

This was actually the first and only figure I had for awhile...I bought a random pack just to use for scale purpose when doing my custom terrain before I had bought any Heroscape stuff at all...Long story...it's posted somewhere if you get bored.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; February 28th, 2015 at 03:03 AM.
Old February 28th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

One thing I always thought would be cool with Ronin is to make him Secret Identity ambiguous - it's been used by a number of different characters as a "John Doe" type of costume. Not really sure what benefit that would have... maybe choose from a number of different Species/Classes/Personalities? I dunno.
Old February 28th, 2015, 02:59 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

NAME = DOMINO
SECRET IDENTITY = NEENA THURMAN
SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY (To bond with Cable)
PERSONALITY = TRICKY or SARCASTIC
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5 OR 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = xxx

PROBABILITY FIELD
When Domino rolls attack dice, she may re-roll any of the dice once. When an opponent's figure attacks Domino and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Probability Field can only be used once for each attack.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Domino attacks, she may attack one additional time.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Deadpool set.
Domino #027

Character Bio - Domino (Neena Thurman) is best known as a member of the X-Men offshoot X-Force. In addition to her exceptional marksmanship and hand-to-hand skills, Domino possesses mutant probability-altering powers. She often uses her skills as amercenary, but has also been the partner, confidante, and lover of the superhero Cable, a lieutenant in his militant group X-Force, and a member of the X-Men.

Kind of a combo of Black Cat Aura and Probability Manipulator.

I have a few more I will post later and a big one later...Basically all the figures I have with out cards at this point.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; March 5th, 2015 at 12:27 PM.
Old February 28th, 2015, 03:17 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The last bit of Probability Field still says 'bad luck aura'. Cool design, though I doubt you're going to get her to come in that cheap. Probability Field + Ranged Double Attack is already pretty good, but with Enchantress...ouch, too much for 125 IMOO.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:12 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
The last bit of Probability Field still says 'bad luck aura'. Cool design, though I doubt you're going to get her to come in that cheap. Probability Field + Ranged Double Attack is already pretty good, but with Enchantress...ouch, too much for 125 IMOO.
Yeah it was late and I was making that one up as I went so not sure what I was thinking there...I knew it was too low. Thank for the catch on the typo and as always your feedback is great.

My first experience was with the cartoon Wolverine and the X-men and since then I been very interested in the character. Eventually it would be nice to get all of Cables Mercenaries in.

Old February 28th, 2015, 11:55 AM
A Man of Taste

NAME = CROSSBONES
SECRET IDENTY = Brock Rumlow
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = Enforcer
PERSONALITY = Ruthless

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 180

ASSAULT RIFLE
When Crossbones attacks a non adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may attack two additional times. Roll 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack

CLOSE COMBAT EXPERT
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Crossbones #007

Character Bio - Young Brock Rumlow led the Savage Crims gang on New York's lower east side. After he brutalized fifteen year old Rachel Leighton, two of her brothers assaulted Brock; the eldest brother was killed. Rumlow fled, entering the Taskmaster's school for criminals, and within three years became an instructor there under the name Bingo Brock. As a mercenary, he enlisted with the communist Red Skull (Albert Malik) in Algeria, serving him as "Frag" until he was sent to invade Arnim Zola's Switzerland chateau. Ultimately the only team member to survive the assault, Rumlow there met and impressed the Nazi Red Skull (Johann Shmidt); this Skull accepted Brock’s services, code-naming him “Crossbones.”

Not sure where I want to go with this one...could leave him as is for a Red Skull bonded enforcer (Red Skull bonding is from Master Motivator) or I could make him more of a group guy by adding

SUPPORT FIRE 15
If an opponent's unengaged figure moves adjacent to a figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Crossbones, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. Crossbones may not use Support Fire 15 if he is engaged.

Last edited by japes; May 19th, 2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
One thing I always thought would be cool with Ronin is to make him Secret Identity ambiguous - it's been used by a number of different characters as a "John Doe" type of costume. Not really sure what benefit that would have... maybe choose from a number of different Species/Classes/Personalities? I dunno.
Yeah, I've been playing with this idea for a while now, but I haven't come up with a version I'm entirely satisfied with. The below draft is where I'm at right now (design for Ronin, by Ronin, made with 100% Grade A Ronin).

NAME = RONIN
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = MYSTERIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 50-60?

UNDERCOVER HERO
At the start of the game, you may choose one Unique Human or Mutate in your army and place that figure on this card instead of on the battlefield. For the entire game, that figure may not be removed from this card, and Ronin is considered to have the Secret Identity and Species listed on that figure's card instead of what is listed on this card. The chosen figure must have a Size and Height of Medium 5, and may not have the Flying special power.

HIDDEN TALENTS
If a figure has been placed on this card with Undercover Hero, Ronin may use any special powers on that figure's card. If a special power refers to the that figure or that figure's card, it refers to Ronin or Ronin's card instead.

PHANTOM WALK
Ronin can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Spoiler Alert!

I posted the above back last July and Gardevoir hasn't been back on since shortly after that. I hope he comes back but if not I'd really like to see him so the following would be my take...

NAME = KLAW
SECRET IDENTY = ULYSSES KLAW
SPECIES = ENERGY
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST/CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = ????

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = XXX

CHARGED SONIC CANNON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5 + Special.
Choose 3 spaces in a straight line from Klaw. All figures on and adjacent to those 3 spaces are affected by this special attack. Klaw is not affected by this special attack. Roll 1 fewer attack die for each space Klaw moved this turn. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Symbiotes roll 1 fewer defense die against this special attack.

BODY OF SOUND/SONIC ASSAULT
Figures adjacent to Klaw subtract 1 from their Attack and Defense dice.

MENTAL SHIELD

FLYING

As and alternate to Sonic Assault Tickle had ...
SONIC STATE
When rolling defense dice for Klaw, if you roll at least one blank, the most wounds Klaw can take from that attack is one.

I kind of like that as it give him more of a defensive ability but then again in a frightful four battle I like Klaw disorienting guys and his teammates getting to take advantage of that...so maybe Keep Sonic Assault and increasing it back to figures within 2 spaces of Klaw...
Looks cool, I think your idea of keeping Sonic Assault and making it so it affects figures within 2 spaces of Klaw to allow teammates to take advantage of the disorientation he's causing. I must say, I really liked Sonar off Gardevoir's card. I would love it if you could give him that power, or fold it into Sonic Assault somehow.
Quote:

NAME = Ronin
SECRET IDENTY = Clint Barton
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ????
PERSONALITY = ????

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 140-150

PHANTOM WALK
Ronin can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. .

NUNCHUCK ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Ronin may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately..

CLOSE COMBAT EXPERT

Ronin #031

Character Bio - Clint Barton is the second person to don the Ronin identity, becoming Ronin when he rejoined the New Avengers in the aftermath of Civil War. He attempted to hand the costume back to Echo after she was rescued from the Hand, but Echo declined and allowed him to keep it.

This was actually the first and only figure I had for awhile...I bought a random pack just to use for scale purpose when doing my custom terrain before I had bought any Heroscape stuff at all...Long story...it's posted somewhere if you get bored.
Honestly... seems a bit dull to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Okay, here's Blue Devil. I tried to represent him the best I can from what I know of him. The main question I have is which healing should I use. I also found one figure for him on Abprices, but among the three classes, it only had 17 figures. It's the Blue Devil from Collateral Damage.

Spoiler Alert!
Looks pretty cool - I'm not sure what else to add.
Quote:

NAME = Domino
SECRET IDENTY = Neena Thurman
SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = xxx

PROBABILITY FIELD
When Domino rolls attack dice, she may re-roll any of the dice once. When an opponent's figure attacks Domino and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Probability Field Aura can only be used once for each attack.

DOUBLE ATTACK

Domino #027

Character Bio - Domino (Neena Thurman) is best known as a member of the X-Men offshoot X-Force. In addition to her exceptional marksmanship and hand-to-hand skills, Domino possesses mutant probability-altering powers. She often uses her skills as amercenary, but has also been the partner, confidante, and lover of the superhero Cable, a lieutenant in his militant group X-Force, and a member of the X-Men.

I have a few more I will post later and a big one later...Basically all the figures I have with out cards at this point.
Looking really cool - nice, cheap, simple, fun mutant with interesting powers. I like it. Just wondering if there's anything that could be done to make it pop just a bit more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah, I've been playing with this idea for a while now, but I haven't come up with a version I'm entirely satisfied with. The below draft is where I'm at right now (design for Ronin, by Ronin, made with 100% Grade A Ronin).

NAME = RONIN
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = MYSTERIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 50-60?

UNDERCOVER HERO
At the start of the game, you may choose one Unique Human or Mutate in your army and place that figure on this card instead of on the battlefield. For the entire game, that figure may not be removed from this card, and Ronin is considered to have the Secret Identity and Species listed on that figure's card instead of what is listed on this card. The chosen figure must have a Size and Height of Medium 5, and may not have the Flying special power.

HIDDEN TALENTS
If a figure has been placed on this card with Undercover Hero, Ronin may use any special powers on that figure's card. If a special power refers to the that figure or that figure's card, it refers to Ronin or Ronin's card instead.

PHANTOM WALK
Ronin can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.
Hmm... what precisely does this guy do? You're paying 60 points to on top an existing figure to change that may be beneficial or the opposite, and may not even be thematic, change their class to Vigilante (which will require one hell of a lot of synergy checks to make sure nothing's broken, and even then may not be future-proof) and give them Phantom Walk. I love the concept, I really do, but this just isn't doing anything for me as is. I wish I had ideas.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 28th, 2015, 01:39 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

NAME = Domino
SECRET IDENTY = Neena Thurman
SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = xxx

PROBABILITY FIELD
When Domino rolls attack dice, she may re-roll any of the dice once. When an opponent's figure attacks Domino and at least one skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, your opponent must re-roll all attack dice that show skulls. Probability Field Aura can only be used once for each attack.

DOUBLE ATTACK

Domino #027

I had Domino have a little bit of Public input here: Domino. You can pick and choose whatever you want from my design.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old February 28th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Hmm... what precisely does this guy do? You're paying 60 points to on top an existing figure to change that may be beneficial or the opposite, and may not even be thematic, change their class to Vigilante (which will require one hell of a lot of synergy checks to make sure nothing's broken, and even then may not be future-proof) and give them Phantom Walk. I love the concept, I really do, but this just isn't doing anything for me as is. I wish I had ideas.
Well, given that Undercover Hero is optional, I imagine you wouldn't use it if it wasn't beneficial. Regarding why you might want to draft him, it'd mostly be for the sake of the synergy thing. Alternatively, you could ignore Undercover Hero and just use him as a cheap-o filler Vigilante.

But yeah, potential exploitability is a big concern here (and the main thing that has me unsatisfied with the design at the moment). I think you could probably solve that problem by narrowing down the range of figures to pick from, but then you'd end up with not all of the comic Ronins being able to be C3G Ronins (a reasonably narrow definition that encompasses Blade, Hawkeye, and Echo is tricky, to say the least).

I'm probably not moving forward with that design, though. It doesn't quite sit right with me, and I've been sitting on it for a while without coming up with any new ideas. But I figured I'd post it since the topic (somewhat improbably) came up, and I would eventually like to see a Ronin design in C3G.

Failing some kind of flexible Identity hero, I think Maya Lopez would be my preferred version. Hawkeye-as-a-ninja is one of those concepts that didn't really stick for a reason.
Old February 28th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:

NAME = CROSSBONES
SECRET IDENTY = Brock Rumlow
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ????
PERSONALITY = ????

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 180

ASSAULT RIFLE
When Crossbones attacks a non adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may attack two additional times. Roll 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack

CLOSE COMBAT EXPERT

Crossbones #007

Character Bio - Young Brock Rumlow led the Savage Crims gang on New York's lower east side. After he brutalized fifteen year old Rachel Leighton, two of her brothers assaulted Brock; the eldest brother was killed. Rumlow fled, entering the Taskmaster's school for criminals, and within three years became an instructor there under the name Bingo Brock. As a mercenary, he enlisted with the communist Red Skull (Albert Malik) in Algeria, serving him as "Frag" until he was sent to invade Arnim Zola's Switzerland chateau. Ultimately the only team member to survive the assault, Rumlow there met and impressed the Nazi Red Skull (Johann Shmidt); this Skull accepted Brock’s services, code-naming him “Crossbones.”

Not sure where I want to go with this one...could leave him as is for a Red Skull bonded enforcer (Red Skull bonding is from Master Motivator) or I could make him more of a group guy by adding

SUPPORT FIRE 15
If an opponent's unengaged figure moves adjacent to a figure you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Crossbones, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. Crossbones may not use Support Fire 15 if he is engaged.
I'm really liking this write-up, nice and simple and thematic.
Old February 28th, 2015, 02:22 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Failing some kind of flexible Identity hero, I think Maya Lopez would be my preferred version. Hawkeye-as-a-ninja is one of those concepts that didn't really stick for a reason.
Like I said...I just happen to have the figure and the one I had was labeled as Clint so I ran with it. I'm assuming due to your nickname you probably have a ton more knowledge of the character than I do...until I got the figure I had never heard of him and when I learned he was Hawkeye I thought cool. Besides the girl that babysits for us is a huge fan of Hawkeye/Clint so this one will be a surprise for her.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy