Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old October 27th, 2008, 04:40 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Song of Blades and Heroes

Anybody play the miniatures skirmish game Song of Blades and Heroes?

How does it compare/overlap/compliment Heroscape?

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Song of Blades and Heroes

Check out 's custom Dungeon that he uses with the game:
Grungebob's Dungeons new pics March 10th pg 16. new room.
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart

I bought it, but found I did not like the activation system (which is what most people are drawn to if for), therefore found the game too lacking for me. However, I can say that the writer is a great guy who works very hard to ensure the game stays fun, and that alone gives it mad props by me.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 02:49 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Awesome game! Flexible, simple, well written/supported, and lastly great fun! Highly recomended.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old November 3rd, 2008, 03:04 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Roland wrote a review article about it here: Link
Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

I am huge fan of SBH and can't say enough good things about it. Solid rules set and you can design your own figures with it as well, and can pretty much use any fantasy figs you have lying about. Great game at a great price.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Bistro,

What scale of figures do you use, 15mm or 25/28mm? I plan on using DDM figures. Just curious as to what you set the Short/Medium/Long conversion when using grided (hex or square) terrain? I was thinking about using 3/6/10 on HS terrain and standard book listing on 1" grids.

Newb.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:35 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm interested! Just wish there wasn't a ton of other games I need to play first!
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:45 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

LOL! I fully understand, HEH! I've been looking for an easy game that can utilize the DDM figures that have been sitting around unused. This looks like it has the potential for that game (there are few others but this one is supported by the author and uses keywords which is a big plus in my book). Also it allows my friends to use their figures from other games without having to rebase anything. Hopefully, it plays as well as it reads and my friends like it.

Newb.
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:26 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

love it very much. quite different from other games (mainly due to its activation system).
Old November 7th, 2008, 01:20 AM

We played our first game of SBH tonight and really liked the system. The game is very fluid with each side taking turns quickly (sometimes too quick ). The rules are simple but offer a lot of tactical decisions such as the order of figure activations and how far to take a chance on activation dice for a particular figure. Looks like my group has a new game to use all of our DDM figures now!

Here are a few pictures of the last part of the game:

The Orcs have been pillaging nearby farms so the local Baron decided to ramp up patrols in the area. The Orc raiding party did not expect to meet any resistance as they looted this farm. It wasn't their lucky day...

The magic user (left figure in green holding a white orb in the air) gets three activations and casts a power 3 transfix spell on the Orc leader (the gray Orc near the magic user). The Orc leader failed his quality check and became transfixed. The Human leader (the figure in the blue cape) moved forward and dispatched the Orc leader causing the other Orcs to make morale checks. The Orc engaged closest to the fallen Orc leader routed (3 failures on the morale check) and the other Orcs decided it was best to find easier pickings at other farms in the area.

Newb.

Last edited by LilNewbie; November 7th, 2008 at 01:35 AM.
Old November 7th, 2008, 08:04 AM

TheMedic has disabled reputation

Great little game. I bought it to get full use of the 1/72 scale Caesar fantasy figures I bought, and am currently building up a load of Hirst Arts building and ruins to compliment it. To echo others, it's a really nice simple game to get to grips with, and is very well supported by it's writer and yahoo group.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures