Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 13th, 2015, 11:09 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Adventure Time with Deathwalker the robot & A3n the huma

So I like your Slamacow! power, just had to fill it out a bit more (sadly) to make it more official like & try to cover our bases - especially adding the timing.

Now I am opposed to your suggested Mathematical power. Because it just seems strange to do that & also it would way too powerful. The power doesn't actually have to relate to mathematics as it is only a battlecry. But if you wanted something mathematical then you could probably roll 6 dice & subtract the number of shields from the skulls.

I do like the idea of Finn helping others maybe mix it with a charging aspect & maybe some maths:

Quote:
MATHEMATICAL
When attacking with Finn, add one additional attack die for each of the following:
• If the defending figure was not adjacent to Finn at the start of this turn.
• If the defending figure is engaged with at least one other friendly figure.

Last edited by A3n; January 14th, 2015 at 01:22 AM.
Old January 14th, 2015, 01:03 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

As much as I enjoy the show, I feel like Finn's abilities are being over-estimated. You also seem to be cramming as many of his aspects/characteristics as possible, from my perspective at the least. Here's what I was thinking.

FINN (MURTONS)
"I'll slay anything that's evil."
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = RIGHTEOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3(4?)

POINTS = ???

SLAMACOW!
At the beginning of each of your turns before revealing an Order Marker, you may move any amount of unrevealed Order Markers from this card or to this card from the Army Card of an Adventurer figure that is adjacent to Finn.

VIRTUOUS SMITE
When attacking any figure that does not follow Jandar, add 1 to Finn's normal attack.

THIRD POWER?

I feel it is important to remember that Finn is still young (albeit in his teens now). He hasn't fully grown and would not be able to sustain as many hits as some of the more experienced warriors. His main battle tactic is generally to attack with all he has (thus the suggested 3 defense), even more ferociously when attacking something he perceives as evil. And he generally is swayed easily by nobility into believing their perspective of what is evil. The time Ice King was in the guise of Nice King for example. That is why any non-Jandar can be affected, though some other generals could be included, for sure. That's just my anyway.
Old January 14th, 2015, 03:03 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
So I like your Slamacow! power, just had to fill it out a bit more (sadly) to make it more official like & try to cover our bases - especially adding the timing.
Cool! And no problem. I wrote it after a looong day of work, and was just hoping to get across the general idea. Thanks for the cleanup.
Old January 14th, 2015, 03:15 AM

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Now I am opposed to your suggested Mathematical power. Because it just seems strange to do that & also it would way too powerful. The power doesn't actually have to relate to mathematics as it is only a battlecry. But if you wanted something mathematical then you could probably roll 6 dice & subtract the number of shields from the skulls.

I do like the idea of Finn helping others maybe mix it with a charging aspect & maybe some maths:

Quote:
MATHEMATICAL
When attacking with Finn, add one additional attack die for each of the following:
I like the power BECAUSE it's mathemathical! I like the meta aspect to it, like I totally loved it when you put an X order marker power on Proffessor X in C3G. How about if we toned it down a bit to 5 dice, for a maximum of 6 hits instead of the, admittedly a bit too much, 9 of the original?

On the other hand, I also really like your new take on MATHEMATICAL!
But how about we add one or more bullets...
Finn helps those in need and hates bullies, so how about:

Quote:
MATHEMATICAL
• If the defending figure is Engaged with at least one other friendly figure that has at least one wound marker on it.
• If the defending figure is Large or Huge and is engaged with at least one other friendly figure that is Small or Medium.
Old January 14th, 2015, 03:39 AM

Hi Betawolf, thanks for the input.
This makes me realize that we haven't discussed exactly what we want from Finn and Jake from an army building/points cost perspective.
While I think it's important to think about how they would fit into their factions and the game in general, I think the focus should be on making them an interesting grab-and-play mini army, hopefully at an even points cost. So that a kid can say "Sure dad, I'll play Heroscape with ya! I'll just grab Finn and Jake, so why don't you build a 400 (or whatever) point army that would be fun for me to fight against!?"
From this standpoint, I don't think Finn's life and defense should be toned down too much. We want him to be able to stick around for a while... Also from this design standpoint, I think it's brilliant how we, at the moment, have a synergy power on each, that requires adjacency from the other. That's teamwork!

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; January 14th, 2015 at 05:40 AM.
Old January 14th, 2015, 04:08 AM

Here's something...
Quote:

Quote:
NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = ENERGETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MATHEMATICAL!
• If the defending figure is engaged with a friendly figure that has at least one wound marker on it.
• If the defending figure is Large or Huge and is engaged with at least one other friendly figure that is Small or Medium.

SLAMACOW!
At the beginning of each of your turns before revealing an Order Marker, you may move any amount of unrevealed Order Markers from this card or to this card from the Army Card of an Adventurer figure that is adjacent to Finn.
Old January 14th, 2015, 04:12 AM

Or the boiled down, streamlined version, that gives a total maximum of plus 3 dice on the Mathemathical! power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = ENERGETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MATHEMATICAL!
• If the defending figure is Large or Huge.

SLAMACOW!
Old January 14th, 2015, 04:25 AM

Just a side remark... With your modelling skills, (and my own) it wouldn't be hard to make custom models of BMO, for a great little support character, or some penguins for the Ice King... Just saying, should we end up wanting to take the Adventure a bit further...
Old January 14th, 2015, 04:31 AM

Or the boiled down, streamlined version, that gives a total maximum of plus 3 dice on the Mathemathical! power.
Here with an added Mathematical! bullet, inspired by Betawolf, reflecting Finn's willingness to attack anything that looks obviously EVIL!
Also inspired by Betawolf, RIGHTEOUS sounds more heroic than ENERGETIC.
I don't have the figures yet, but I'm guessing he might end up a height 4.

Quote:
NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = RIGHTEOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MATHEMATICAL!
• If the defending figure is Large or Huge.
• If the defending figure follows the general Utgar.

SLAMACOW!

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; January 14th, 2015 at 05:47 AM.
Old January 14th, 2015, 05:17 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I am not feeling Righteous for the personality though. He does things more for the fun of it then the right of it. Righteous isn't really him at all.

Thanx for the input @betawolf36 I understand what you are saying. The thing about it is that in the Adventure Time universe Finn has fought & defeated all manor of enemies. So if you equate that to the Valhalla universe he is at Superman level without the flying & heat vision.

Having said that I was thinking about this a bit more & the adding dice to his attack just seems too much unless we are targeting these just for as Deathwalker said a child to have a ready made army out of 2 figures that he can relate to then it's perfect. Although my son said he thinks we should loose the Large or Huge clause.

Plus if we intend to give Jake the Jake Suit power I came up with (& I kinda hope we do) then I think it's just too much for the meta-game.

I was thinking about other aspects of Finn & his fighting & my boy reminded me about his Cheap Moves (read as cheat moves) & I thought that could be an interesting aspect to focus on.

Quote:
CHEAP MOVES
When attacking with Finn, any skulls rolled by the defending player get added to Finn's rolled skulls up to a total of 6 skulls. Also when defending with Finn against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, any shields rolled by the attacking player are added to Finn's rolled shields up to a total of 6 shields.
When I told my boy about the power he loved it & thought it was perfect for Finn. What do you think?
Old January 14th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Really cool power A3n.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 14th, 2015, 06:23 PM

Back to ENERGETIC it is...

And I don't think Finn and Jake should be just for kids, I want to have fun playing them too! What I meant was that it would be great for them to be a fun set on their own, for a low point game. A ready made team, at a 'standard game point allowance', kind of like how the C3G FF are exactly 1000 points.

I like the Jake suit, and agree that it/they shouldn't be totally overpowered when combined with Finn's abilities.

I like CHEAP MOVES, but when combined with the Jake Suit, it seems a bit redundant. Jake suit gives a bonus for an attack and defense of six dice, and cheap moves maxes out at six too. Or in other words, they're both powers that make it possible for Finn to reach a total of six skulls or shields...

When fighting an opponent with high attack and defense, the Jake Suit wouldn't make much of a difference, except making it a bit easier to max out.

If it can be made to work, I could go with this power just fine, but I could also go for a toned down Mathematical!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards