Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 7th, 2024, 05:07 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Value change?

So I am almost certain that the value of OldScape will change once AoA comes out, but the question will be "how?"

Terrain will probably be devalued, because it's no longer out of print. This was pretty clear with the "Scalpers, no scalping" that showed up in the HasLab preview. But while they are reprinting jungle trees and probably base stuff, there is not yet any fire and ice and swamp and shadow. Will these things go up in value? At least until they get to the reprints? Looking at FotA and comparing it to the new walls in AoA, I would guess we won't be seeing a reprint of those soon, mostly due to how massive they were.

How about figures? Will the demand for old stuff skyrocket? As far as I can tell, there will be no reason for Renegade to reprint them - maybe at the very most doing new sculpts for old squads, saving design time and luring old and new Scapers.

Any other thoughts? I've thought about speculating and buying some more old stuff in the hope that demand and prices jump and then reselling as a new generation gets into it. But it could also turn out that I'd be burning bucks for nothing when I should just be saving for the new stuff.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 7th, 2024, 05:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Value change?

If Renegade wants to make some good money after this initial run launches, I'd advocate for them to re-release all the OG designs BUT with alternate sculpts. Same Card, same paint job, same scale...but different pose. That is, all old players would love getting more of the OG stuff, it would devalue what scalpers are trying to do AND new players could then have access to the old designs. Going back to the "tried and true" units isn't a bad idea because those designs have already "proven themselves" to be in demand.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 7th, 2024, 05:37 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Value change?

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
If Renegade wants to make some good money after this initial run launches, I'd advocate for them to re-release all the OG designs BUT with alternate sculpts. Same Card, same paint job, same scale...but different pose. That is, all old players would love getting more of the OG stuff, it would devalue what scalpers are trying to do AND new players could then have access to the old designs. Going back to the "tried and true" units isn't a bad idea because those designs have already "proven themselves" to be in demand.
Or they could cherry pick the most popular units and 3D print and paint them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion