Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 16th, 2020, 12:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

Could he create something like the Ruins?
Wall powers is one of my favorite mechanics.
Would love to run a RPG character whose only ability is to create walls.

Being able to create actual physical walls on the battlefield would be very cool.
Old May 16th, 2020, 12:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Being able to create actual physical walls on the battlefield would be very cool.
Oooh, agreed. Would be super sweet if he could create/place destructible ruins. Don't know if that's accurate for the character or not, though (New 52 is my blind spot).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 16th, 2020, 02:49 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I guess it depends on how he fights them. Like solo, or with lots of minions/monsters. But he seems weak to be one of their "greatest villains" is all.
Power Rangers villains rarely take them on solo. I think the ideal "Power Ranger Villain" army would be one leader (Rita, Zedd), one or two minions (Goldar, Scorpina, brainwashed Rangers, whoever else), and some mooks (Putties).

My current draft for Rita has three gimmicks - Minion Leadership, "Make My Monster Grow," and Magical Defense.

I think you could probably justify Magical Defense on Zedd as well, but I think I'd want them to have a bit of a gap that way? And Zedd can make monsters grow, but he usually does so in tandem with Rita, so yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH12 View Post

NAME = LORD ZEDD

SPECIES = SKINLESS HUMANOID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ?MASTERMIND?
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5? 6?

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4? I think his staff shoots lightning
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

PUTTY RESTORATION
When a friendly unit would be destroyed, roll a 20-sided die. 1-11, the unit is destroyed. 12-17 the unit is not destroyed and has two wounds left. 18+, the unit recovers with full health and plus 1 to both defense and attack.

THOSE MEDDLING RANGERS!
When a friendly unit is destroyed, the number of blanks rolled on the destroyed unit's defence roll add to Lord Zedd's attack for the remainder of the round.

SHOCKING STAFF BEAM
Range 4 Attack 4
If an opposing unit is wounded with this attack, roll a 20-sided die. On 17+, the unit has to skip its next turn.

Just quickly came up with this, any thoughts?
Spoiler Alert!
I actually do think this draft is a strong base though! "Make My Monster Grow" has regeneration, though, so I'd shy away from that here... and maybe get some markers for Meddling Rangers.

NAME = LORD ZEDD

SPECIES = UNKNOWN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = EMPEROR
PERSONALITY = MERCILESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 350

THOSE MEDDLING RANGERS!

Start the game with 6 red Zedd Markers. Whenever a figure you control is destroyed while defending against an attack, you may place a Zedd Marker on this card for each blank rolled for the defending figure. When attacking with Zedd, roll 1 additional die for each Zedd Marker on this card. At the end of each round, remove a Zedd Marker from this card.

MINIONS OF ZEDD
At the start of the game, you may choose up to 3 Minion Heroes you control to start the game on this card. At the start of any round other than the first, you may place all Minions on this card onto an empty space on the battlefield. They cannot be placed adjacent to any enemy figures and must be placed adjacent to each other figure being placed. For the rest of the game, instead of taking a turn with Zedd, you may take a turn with a Minion placed with this special power.

SHOCKING STAFF BEAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Whenever an opponent's Unique Hero is wounded by this special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher, place a Zedd Marker on that Hero's card. The next time that Hero would take a turn, that opponent must instead remove the Zedd Marker from that Hero's card.

-----

By giving him Markers for the first power, you can give his Shocking Staff Beam something a bit more nuanced than just "remove an OM from that figure's card." And with Meddling Rangers, you can have his "anger" slowly fade over time.

It's a lot of hardware, though, particularly when you include the Minions of Zedd as another start-the-game power. I think this would be a fun draft and fit Zedd well - he's always sort of been the cruel, punishing type over Rita's tantrum-y witchiness.

I'd probably peg him in the low-to-mid 300s, he's a galaxy-spanning conqueror after all. With Rita more like high-200s, and most of their Minions in the low-200s range.

EDIT: Oh and for reference here's the powerset I was thinking for Rita. Making a Ranger a Minion, general Minion OM flex, and a big once per game "revive a monster that would die into a huge version of itself."

MONSTER OF THE WEEK
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Hero you control that is a Minion or Ranger to be Rita's Monster. Her Monster cannot take a turn normally and, if it is a Ranger, has the class of Minion in addition to the class listed on its card. Instead of taking a turn with Rita, you may take a turn with a Minion Hero you control.

"MAKE MY MONSTER GROW!"
Once per game, when Rita's Monster would be destroyed, you may choose not to destroy her Monster. Remove all Wound Markers and Order Markers from her Monster's card. For the rest of the game, her Monster is considered huge and, when rolling defense dice against a figure that is not huge, adds 1 automatic shield to whatever it rolled.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Rita Repulsa is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Rita Repulsa can take for this attack is one.
Old May 16th, 2020, 03:43 PM

AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker AlexH12 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH12 View Post

NAME = LORD ZEDD

SPECIES = SKINLESS HUMANOID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ?MASTERMIND?
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5? 6?

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4? I think his staff shoots lightning
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

PUTTY RESTORATION
When a friendly unit would be destroyed, roll a 20-sided die. 1-11, the unit is destroyed. 12-17 the unit is not destroyed and has two wounds left. 18+, the unit recovers with full health and plus 1 to both defense and attack.

THOSE MEDDLING RANGERS!
When a friendly unit is destroyed, the number of blanks rolled on the destroyed unit's defence roll add to Lord Zedd's attack for the remainder of the round.

SHOCKING STAFF BEAM
Range 4 Attack 4
If an opposing unit is wounded with this attack, roll a 20-sided die. On 17+, the unit has to skip its next turn.

Just quickly came up with this, any thoughts?
Spoiler Alert!
I actually do think this draft is a strong base though! "Make My Monster Grow" has regeneration, though, so I'd shy away from that here... and maybe get some markers for Meddling Rangers.

NAME = LORD ZEDD

SPECIES = UNKNOWN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = EMPEROR
PERSONALITY = MERCILESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 350

THOSE MEDDLING RANGERS!

Start the game with 6 red Zedd Markers. Whenever a figure you control is destroyed while defending against an attack, you may place a Zedd Marker on this card for each blank rolled for the defending figure. When attacking with Zedd, roll 1 additional die for each Zedd Marker on this card. At the end of each round, remove a Zedd Marker from this card.

MINIONS OF ZEDD
At the start of the game, you may choose up to 3 Minion Heroes you control to start the game on this card. At the start of any round other than the first, you may place all Minions on this card onto an empty space on the battlefield. They cannot be placed adjacent to any enemy figures and must be placed adjacent to each other figure being placed. For the rest of the game, instead of taking a turn with Zedd, you may take a turn with a Minion placed with this special power.

SHOCKING STAFF BEAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4.
Whenever an opponent's Unique Hero is wounded by this special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 17 or higher, place a Zedd Marker on that Hero's card. The next time that Hero would take a turn, that opponent must instead remove the Zedd Marker from that Hero's card.

-----

By giving him Markers for the first power, you can give his Shocking Staff Beam something a bit more nuanced than just "remove an OM from that figure's card." And with Meddling Rangers, you can have his "anger" slowly fade over time.

It's a lot of hardware, though, particularly when you include the Minions of Zedd as another start-the-game power. I think this would be a fun draft and fit Zedd well - he's always sort of been the cruel, punishing type over Rita's tantrum-y witchiness.

I'd probably peg him in the low-to-mid 300s, he's a galaxy-spanning conqueror after all. With Rita more like high-200s, and most of their Minions in the low-200s range.
I feel that the replacement of Putty Restoration is fitting for the unit. That sort of thing is more of what Rita would do I think. A putty design might have to be written up for that Minions of Zedd power!
Old May 16th, 2020, 04:19 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for the theme clarifications. sounds like he’s more of a Skeletor/Red Skull type than an Event type.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 16th, 2020, 05:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, with Power Rangers bad guys, definitely think Skeletor. You know, the scary menacing villain surrounded by goofy, incompetent mooks. And like Skeletor, a lot of their power is inferred rather than on screen... like, you can conquer galaxies but some teenagers and a robot are giving you trouble?

One of the reasons I think going with Minion as a cross-universe class makes sense there. They're all kind of shallow, gimmicky bad guys. He-Man has Merman, Tri-Clops, and Trap Jaw, MMPR has Knasty Knight, Commander Crayfish, and King Sphinx.
Old May 16th, 2020, 05:13 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Oooh, agreed. Would be super sweet if he could create/place destructible ruins. Don't know if that's accurate for the character or not, though (New 52 is my blind spot).
Looks possible from this.
Old May 16th, 2020, 05:20 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Zeds is really strong physically, but yeah he mostly sends other people to do his dirty work.

I've always kinda assumed some of it is because I'm guessing doing a lot of physical activity isn't super fun for him with all his skin ripped off.

Like that's not a natural state for him, he looks like that because he tried to take the Zeo Crystal like a thousand years ago and got flayed alive.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 16th, 2020, 05:28 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Bunker is basically a lesser Green Lantern from what I remember. He can't fly but creates constructs that require his concentration. Sure we could design a bunch of constructs like the GL's use, but that seems excessive for a single guy who only has appeared in one comic. I like the Alan Scott route we already have for him.
Old May 16th, 2020, 05:45 PM

GL Ruins Construct?
Old May 16th, 2020, 06:56 PM

Giantslayer is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Indubitably, good sir! Massive props to @Giantslayer if they're still around.
I'm still alive and kickin, although haven't been on here for years (got an email notification for the mention). Glad to hear people are finding this useful.

My group of friends that I was playing with ended up losing interest in the game so I went a few years without thinking about it. Last year, some of them wanted to get back into it so I got back into making builds. I've changed my mind on a few of the valuations on the original set characters but I still feel good about the overall system.
Old May 16th, 2020, 09:07 PM

I've definitely found it useful.

Btw, if you're ever hurting for folks to play with, both Valhallascape and C3G have fairly active Tabletop Simulator online scenes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy