Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 17th, 2013, 05:45 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of the Hoplitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Please remove "the" from the title.
I just copied from Zombie Hulk, but if it's necessary I will change it.
Well then, the Zombie Hulk needs to be changed too.
fixed

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hoplitron

Missing a space in Melee Soulborg Bonding.
Quote:
MELEE SOULBORG BONDING
After revealing an order marker on a Hoplitron card,and before taking a turn with that Hoplitron, you may first take a turn with one other Soulborg hero you control with a range of one.
Also:
Quote:
BLASTATRONS: HOMING DEVICE
Being Vydar SOulborgs, Hoplitrons may aid Blastatrons with their Homing Device attack bonus.
You might want to add Melee Soulborg Bonding to synergy benefits received as well.

This is a higher resolution photo for the OP:
Spoiler Alert!

Sorry for being so nitpicky; thanks for doing this book! It can be a bit of work at times.

Last edited by Arch-vile; February 17th, 2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:14 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

The texts have several discrepancies relative to the PDF. The word card vs. Army Card, the word one vs. the numeral 1, etc. In each case it appears that the card in the PDF uses proper formatting and Scape conventions while the text in the OP does not. Looks like an older version was pasted in, and needs to be updated.

And one other thing while I have the hood up, that's been bothering me on multiple VCs. It appears that when the card images are built, some text is rendered as new text while other text is copied as an image from another army card (as best I can tell). This often results in color and/or antialiasing differences, such as SOULBORG, COMMON HERO, CHAMPION, and DISCIPLINED being white but LARGE 6 being gray. This always jumps right in my face and makes the cards look "fake" to me. So I'd like to respectfully suggest that card-renderers render all the text together, rather than use boilerplate text-imagery from other cards.

On the plus side, I will say that somebody did an excellent job rendering the numeric attributes section. This section often looks like a copy-paste hodgepodge on custom cards, but on Hoplitron it looks very good; nice positioning and the nouns all have the correct plurality.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; February 17th, 2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:34 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

.The C3V art team does the cards and pdfs so give them some love for the numbers.

I didn't look at the pdf, but I copied from the image in the SoV Display thread which I copied into the first post.

EDIT: I was looking off the card when I typed it and even remember wondering about the 1 vs one thing, but it looks like I messed up.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; February 17th, 2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
The texts have several discrepancies relative to the PDF. The word card vs. Army Card, the word one vs. the numeral 1, etc. In each case it appears that the card in the PDF uses proper formatting and Scape conventions while the text in the OP does not. Looks like an older version was pasted in, and needs to be updated.
FWIW the image in the OP is consistent with the PDF, and is the official language. I don't believe greygnarl had access to any of the intermediate edits between the submitted and final version. If anyone (possibly you) still sees some errors, go ahead and PM greygnarl a corrected transcription of the text, or post it here.

Quote:
And one other thing while I have the hood up, that's been bothering me on multiple VCs. It appears that when the card images are built, some text is rendered as new text while other text is copied as an image from another army card (as best I can tell). This often results in color and/or antialiasing differences, such as SOULBORG, COMMON HERO, CHAMPION, and DISCIPLINED being white but LARGE 6 being gray. This always jumps right in my face and makes the cards look "fake" to me. So I'd like to respectfully suggest that card-renderers render all the text together, rather than use boilerplate text-imagery from other cards.
Do you only notice these things in the pdf, or do you notice it on the printed card as well? I find that some imperfections that are clear on the pdf aren't noticeable on a printed card.

Quote:
On the plus side, I will say that somebody did an excellent job rendering the numeric attributes section. This section often looks like a copy-paste hodgepodge on custom cards, but on Hoplitron it looks very good; nice positioning and the nouns all have the correct plurality.
Credit goes to doe138 as usual - he is the engine that makes C3V/SoV art go, and he deserves unending praise.
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:40 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Because the original base is the same size of a D&D base, is rebasing required for this figure. I was informed it was fractionally smaller than a normal D&D base.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
Because the original base is the same size of a D&D base, is rebasing required for this figure. I was informed it was fractionally smaller than a normal D&D base.
Ask your tournament director to make sure, but most likely the answer is no, it would not have to be rebased. Most tournament directors would allow the Hoplitron as-is, IMO.

For home games: do as you wish, of course.
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:07 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Hmm, I just saw that Hoplitrons bond with themselves. I have to admit I'm not sure I would've interpreted it that way; I might've just subconsciously treated the word "other" as a shortcut for the usual "x's y does not affect x" template. So I'm glad the Synergies section was there to force me to think about it a little more precisely. (I guess I should've been a little wiser, having already played Wyrmlings; derp.)

So, like Wyrmlings, the Hoplitrons function a bit like a two-member squad, with the flexibility to substitute in X17 or DW7K for the first of the two. (Acknowledging of course that it's two separate turns, the first attacks before second moves, etc.) But I like the fact that you can sorta make it a 35-cent hero or a 70-cent squad of two.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old February 18th, 2013, 01:53 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The wyrmling bonding language is a little strange but it's what we have.

As I said before the stock Hoplitron base is extremely close in size to a D3 base. Unless you want to swap for aesthetic reasons, just play them as-is. I can't imagine any sane tournament organizer caring.
Old February 18th, 2013, 03:02 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

So, since flying still works with Jandar's dispatch it still works with shield push. So I can shield push one of my flying figures up a castle wall... But what about an enemy figure? Can I chose to use its flying?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
So, since flying still works with Jandar's dispatch it still works with shield push. So I can shield push one of my flying figures up a castle wall... But what about an enemy figure? Can I chose to use its flying?
I don't think it's supposed to work with Shield Push.
Old February 18th, 2013, 10:23 AM

The fact that a flying figure does not take falling damage when Shield Pushed suggests that it is the figure's owner that controls its flying.

EDIT: This was an excellent choice of miniature for a Vydar soulborg. I just found a very high-res shot at the link below; click on the main image to substantially enlarge it.

http://www.rebelscum.com/SWminiCOTF47darktroopI.asp

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; February 18th, 2013 at 12:55 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs