Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Zogross Hardscale

Quote:
OPPORTUNITY STRIKE 15
If an opponent's figure that is engaged with Zogross Hardscale targets any other figure you control with a normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, no dice are rolled for this attack, no defense dice are rolled, and the attacking figure receives one wound.
So, suppose Player 1's Sir Denrick is engaged with Player 2's Zogross. Can this scenario happen:

Player 1: "I think I'll attack this Armoc Viper here."
Player 2 rolls d20 and gets a 17
Player 2: "Take a wound."
Player 1: "Actually, I hadn't quite decided yet, I think I'd rather attack this other Armoc."
Player 2 rolls a d20 and gets a 19
Player 2: "Take another wound."
Player 1: "But I haven't even finally decided on who I want to attack yet!"

And it says "no dice are rolled for this attack," but what does that mean if the player targets another figure and then decides to target the original figure again. Is that still "this attack" or is it no longer "this attack" since he picked a different target to attack.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
OPPORTUNITY STRIKE 15
If an opponent's figure that is engaged with Zogross Hardscale targets any other figure you control with a normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, no dice are rolled for this attack, no defense dice are rolled, and the attacking figure receives one wound.
So, suppose Player 1's Sir Denrick is engaged with Player 2's Zogross. Can this scenario happen:

Player 1: "Actually, I hadn't quite decided yet, I think I'd rather attack this other Armoc."

And it says "no dice are rolled for this attack," but what does that mean if the player targets another figure and then decides to target the original figure again. Is that still "this attack" or is it no longer "this attack" since he picked a different target to attack.
I would assume the intended purpose is that no attack can occur after a successful opportunity strike has been made.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:17 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Quote:
Quote:
OPPORTUNITY STRIKE 15

I would assume the intended purpose is that no attack can occur after a successful opportunity strike has been made.
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
You can choose to re-target and attack someone else (if available). (Targeting is pre-attack.)
The same is true of the Nakita's Smoke Powder. Its a revelation to me.

--
--
--

--
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:25 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
You can choose to re-target and attack someone else (if available). (Targeting is pre-attack.)
That's a good point you bring up. If that's the case, I've been playing Zogross incorrectly. I'm not sure what would happen in the situation described in your original question.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:35 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not sure I have a problem with someone risking three wounds to attack the same figure again...
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
I'm not sure I have a problem with someone risking three wounds to attack the same figure again...
Me neither, I'm just trying to figure out how it makes sense.

The situation with Nakita's confuses me almost as much.
"Maybe I want to attack the Nakita"
*rolls a 17*
"Nope."

At least in that situation, there's no wound inflicted.

--
--
--

--
Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:21 PM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!

[quote=capsocrates;1700570][quote=The CEE;1700560]
Quote:
Quote:
OPPORTUNITY STRIKE 15
Nope.

Quote:
This was news to me as well. In the case of Zogross, I think that the part of the wording that confuses me is "...no dice are rolled for this attack, no defense dice are rolled..." To me, this implies that the attack does occur; it's just that no dice are rolled. Thus, the attacking figure has attacked, and cannot attack again (absent double attack or similar abilities).

I'm not trying to argue, but given the card wording I think that an official clarification in the first post would be helpful.

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I think the scenario is different.

Targeting is part of attacking. The reason you could switch targets with a Nakita Agent is because Smoke Powder took away their hit zones. That's the only reason the attack doesn't continue, because it's no longer possible. With Zogross, nothing stops the attack from continuing past the "targeting" stage. Opportunity Strike just makes the attack and defense dice for that attack zero, and the attacking figure receives a wound.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 24th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
OPPORTUNITY STRIKE 15

The definition of "to target" is "to announce who you plan to attack." If the attacker truly hasn't decided who they want to attack, you shouldn't have rolled the die yet. If s/he had decided, and you rolled, it's too late at that point for the player to say "oh, no, wait, I changed my mind!" It would be like moving the figure, taking your fingers off the figure, and then saying, "no, wait, I didn't want to move there." You may choose to let them take it back if you like, to be nice, but the rules say, once the decision is made, it stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 24th, 2012, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Quote:
OPPORTUNITY STRIKE 15

The definition of "to target" is "to announce who you plan to attack." If the attacker truly hasn't decided who they want to attack, you shouldn't have rolled the die yet. If s/he had decided, and you rolled, it's too late at that point for the player to say "oh, no, wait, I changed my mind!" It would be like moving the figure, taking your fingers off the figure, and then saying, "no, wait, I didn't want to move there." You may choose to let them take it back if you like, to be nice, but the rules say, once the decision is made, it stands.
Except that seems to contradict the ruling on targeting figures. See this post, and the discussion that follows

Maybe I'm just blind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post
- SMOKE POWDER 13 : ‘Targeting’ Figures For an Attack
If I ‘target’ a Nakita Agent, (or any figure adjacent to a Nakita Agent), and they successfully roll Smoke Powder, can I target another figure not adjacent to a Nakita Agent and attack them?
Yes. Before attacking a Nakita Agent, (or adjacent figure), with a normal ranged attack, you must first declare that you are targeting that figure. If Smoke Powder is successfully rolled, you may then target and attack any other figure within range. (dnutt99)

--
--
--

--
Old October 24th, 2012, 02:30 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Target:
Quote:
A figure with a Range of more than 1 must always target
a figure it is attacking unless the two figures are engaged. Certain
special powers may be triggered while a figure is targeting or is
targeted. Note: A figure is not declaring an attack while targeting, and
a figure may target one or more figures before it actually attacks.
That's the definition from the last rule book.

I've always heard that you don't target figures you're adjacent to at all. Which is why the Warforged don't use any kind of targeting language for tactical switch.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; October 24th, 2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:52 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

Out of curiosity, is his bio going to be put up soon?

Oh and I like the figure by the way. Seen him used in a tournament and he did well against the opponent.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs