Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 14th, 2017, 01:01 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Wow. Great feedback all. I really appreciate the kind words as well as the insights to the new direction I'm going with Tetraites.

@obfuscatedhippo I thought the same...but there were games against melee armies that he only ever got to use his gauntlet once or twice in the initial engagement b/c the opposing army kept sending in units to keep him from using the ability. I found this hindered the design of the figure more than helped. If he had higher defense or life for survivability like valguard, then maybe...but for now I feel though it may be a stronger direction...that's what I'm going for...a little pricier gladiator option that can fill his points for the extra cost. I also have to thank you for pointing out some good army builds there as well.

@Lazy Orang yes...I have. I've only ever done one playtest video so far for my channel and I realized that I definitely want to incorporate playtests, BUT only when I feel like -for the most part- the figures are polished. I think video battle are wonderful to watch and a great resource, but more valuable when you can see the figure how it's meant to be played -more or less. I think I'm getting there with Tetraites, so you may just see a playtest here sometime soon

@wriggz I don't know that adding the Large figures would be the best move...but I don't know that it's not either. To me he seems a finisher of humanoid heroes rather than robots, ogres or beasts. He can hit them hard enough as it is...but to me his savagery is the merciless killing of "someone his own size". As for 13 or higher...normally I'd agree...but for how many times I activated the power, it was definitely not worthy of taking disengages to bet on. That said, with my changing the mechanic of the power I do feel that he may start to fulfill his points much more now...so playtesting may require a move to 14 or higher...we'll see.

@Ixe thank you for the kind words. I do feel that allowing him to finish large figures would definitely give him some more value on the battlefield...but my only worry is theme. And yet, you and wriggz do have a point that by making it so specific, I may be limiting him too much...I'm not sure...further thoughts on that?
I've considered using it "before moving" mainly because there are some great implications there. He's engaged with a knight...takes a cheap shot with his gauntlet...throws the corpse aside and moves on to the next opponent. I'll have to think about that...I'm not sure which would be more viable for the theme of the figure I'm going for, but it's definitely been on my mind. Any more thoughts on that?

Again I appreciate the feedback. I feel like I'm getting close with this one. And even if he doesn't make it through...I'll be confident knowing he's turned into a great fun custom...so thank you all!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards