Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 24th, 2014, 03:04 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Jandar the Paladin - Where are the Jandar Customs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
You're looking too far I thing...

Perhaps this could help you :
Generals are more about alignment and turning around some thematics (asia for Einar, wild nature for Aquilla, bad guys for Utgar, Sci-fi for Vydar...)... but not exclusively around one thematic. That's why Jandar is quite disturbing. The Knigh thematic was quite present at first (vikings, KoW...) but then disapeared little by little.
I personally think it is more like:

Jandar - Lawful Good
Ullar - Neutral Good (doesn't seem particularly chaotic to me)
Aquilla - Chaotic Good (chaotic, for sure, but good, just like spiders. They eat bugs )
Einar - Lawful Neutral
Vydar - Neutral (doesn't seem that evil, more self-serving)
??? - Chaotic Neutral
Utgar - Lawful Evil
??? - Neutral Evil
Valkrill - Chaotic Evil

But yes, I agree the generals are more about alignment and values than background. However, the background of who they summon will often affect their alignment and values, I think, so there is something to say with where they come from.
Sort of like that, but on the starter set cards, they have a high elf with the "Chaotic Good" Personality.

Jandar - Lawful Good (DUH!)
Ullar - Chaotic Good (See above)
Vydar - Neutral (According to the bios, Vydar is the only true neutral one.)
Einar - Lawful Neutral (He has both sides)
Utgar - Lawful Evil (Can't we all agree with this?)
Aquilla - Good (Honestly nothing else)
Valkrill - Chaotic Evil (The bios!)

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 24th, 2014, 03:16 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
See, I'd put Vydar as Chaotic Neutral and leave True Neutral blank. He strikes me as a "do what I want, for reasons I want" sort of guy - the classic "spy of ambiguous loyalties" character. Very chaotic in his MO.
Yep, I didn't think of that, but I agree, that sounds much better than having him at True Neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord
Sort of like that, but on the starter set cards, they have a high elf with the "Chaotic Good" Personality.
Ah. I haven't a clue what that means.

What starter set are we talking about?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old December 24th, 2014, 03:45 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
See, I'd put Vydar as Chaotic Neutral and leave True Neutral blank. He strikes me as a "do what I want, for reasons I want" sort of guy - the classic "spy of ambiguous loyalties" character. Very chaotic in his MO.
Yep, I didn't think of that, but I agree, that sounds much better than having him at True Neutral.

Quote:

Oh, sorry. On my D&D starter set, there is an character sheet that plays an elvish wizard. The wizard's allignment is "Chaotic Good".

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 24th, 2014, 04:03 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Oh, sorry. On my D&D starter set, there is an character sheet that plays an elvish wizard. The wizard's allignment is "Chaotic Good".
I can totally see where you're coming from. Jotun and those Vipers, they seem pretty wild, chaotic, not concentrated on being pure and perfect. So I could see Ullar as Chaotic Good. However, I always thought the other stuff (those tight-knit elf wizards, the peaceful monks, and the stuff I'm forgetting) kinda balanced out the general to Neutral Good.

Aquilla is definitely Chaotic Good though. Those nasty bugs and Sasquatch, gun-toting Mohicans, dwarves who dig deep for gold and precious mineral and then parties and beards and stuff, wolves, and aliens who will do anything to survive the soulborg crisis. They seem like they want to do good, but they will definitely rattle the cage and bend some rules while doing it.

Maybe they can both be Chaotic Good?

This brings up another point: as custom designers, people will want to have fun. I personally think Chaos and Evil are "funner" to design. When you don't have fun designing a units, its, well, its not fun. That's not to say that it isn't fun designing Jandar units, but I think that may be part of the reason why they are so scarce. (Forgive me if someone has said this in this thread already, I just kinda jumped in and hijacked it with this alignment stuff)

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old December 24th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
You're looking too far I thing...

Perhaps this could help you :
Generals are more about alignment and turning around some thematics (asia for Einar, wild nature for Aquilla, bad guys for Utgar, Sci-fi for Vydar...)... but not exclusively around one thematic. That's why Jandar is quite disturbing. The Knigh thematic was quite present at first (vikings, KoW...) but then disapeared little by little.
And this is my point.

Utgar as Neutral Evil can summon everything and anything vile or destructive.

Jandar as Lawful good has a very specific niche. That said, I recently put in an order for a bunch of SHIELD agents, Cops, Detectives, Neopolianic soldiers and a Frost Titan. That should round out my Jandar forces quite well.

Additionally I can see Jandar picking up the "best of us" type heroes. Like Kumiko, it is not outside possiblity for a truly good monk, elf, futuristic warrior, or even a Varkaaran to fight for Jandar.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 12th, 2015, 01:08 PM

Syvarris45 is surprisingly tart

So right wriggz! I try to make my customs evenly to the generals, but it's hard to find minis that fit into the main good guy legion. Knights, soldiers,(I think Marro Warlord is spot-on with the lion idea). We just have to find appropriate minis for the protagonist job. Will try to make more Jandar, though.
Old April 12th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Jandar's biggest problem is a lack of factions. He's mostly stuck with Kyrie and Humans (with the small exception of a few Soulborgs and Dzu-teh). If someone can come up with a race of aliens that are, say, super-good, then they could fit nicely into Jandar's ranks. The Omicrons are a good example of this, but he needs more.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 12th, 2015, 09:52 PM

Dragonborns would be a great choice for Jandar. In the D&D world, Dragonborns could have several alignments. Some could tilt towards Aquilla, others to Jandar, and others to Ullar. I think an order of Dragonborns Paladins would fit Jandar very well.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old April 14th, 2015, 06:02 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Meow. I once considered making a Catfolk faction for Jandar, similar to M:tG's catfolk race, but found the lack of minis dissappointing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 14th, 2015, 06:51 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I always felt, before they put the official ones with Aquilla, that dwarves would have fit well with Jandar.
Old February 11th, 2019, 03:34 AM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

I know I'm late to the party, but I believe that Jandar only summons the most hopeful, brave, and determined soldiers to his army. When I think of the Knights I think of brave men, when I think of the 4th Line I think of men who are hopeful for a better life, and when I think omnicrons I think of robots determined to defeat their enemies (the zettians).

Even the other factions have these ideas. The Dzu Teh don't seem like the kind of animal to flee when a battle starts, the Templars are fighting for what they believe in, the MacDirks are a bunch of hopeful Scotsmen fighting for their freedom, and the Tarns are a bunch of hardy men who will fight to live how they want.

Last edited by GreatPlainsKnight; February 11th, 2019 at 04:05 AM.
Old February 11th, 2019, 05:08 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Honestly, I kind of think the Gladiators should have gone to Jandar - having them in the same army as the Romans who enslaved them must have ended up causing ructions for Einar and they sort of fit some of the freedom fighter aesthetic Jandar has going on with the Scotsmen, 4th Mass and Omnicrons. They may have been flawed as well, but it's not as though any of Jandar's factions right now weren't.
The Templar should have been Einar though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards