Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

View Poll Results: do you like new layout?
yes 14 60.87%
no 9 39.13%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 13th, 2008, 08:44 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
New layout

what do you think about the new layout?personally i do not like it.

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:46 PM

bjmorga Woo who?
Re: New layout

I'm not thrilled with it, but I'm willing to give it a try.
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think it is too soon to say whether or not I like it. As in most cases where we get comfortable with something, inevitably, change occurs. The consensus is that this was done for the better and to alleviate problems most of us probably knew nothing about anyway. That being said, I'm not big on change, but I do see change as being necessary. As Grungebob stated in another post, give it some time and play with it. Usually, with an open mind, the change is a good thing. Like the buddy list. That's cool and I'm not quite sure what purpose it's gonna serve me, but I like it. Bottom line: these guys did a fantastic job in getting this new version up and in a timely manner (I'm assuming 19 hours is timely.)

I didn't vote, but I would say yes. It just takes time to get used to it is all.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:53 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This new site is awesome. I'm kind of actually surprised some people dislike it, but it's only natural to have some people dislike it.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:58 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

I don't know if this thread is really necessary. There's a whole section of the forum where you can give suggestions for making the website better. Just posting a poll and asking people to vote if the new layout looks good or not doesn't make anything any better. If you cared enough about the look of the site to make a poll, maybe your energy would be better used giving suggestions as to how to continue to make it better? Change isn't entirely bad... I'll admit, I didn't love the site at first, but you'll get used to it and once you find out a lot of the new features (I forgot how much I LOVE quick reply) and start using them, I think you'll be completely on board with the site.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:07 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB View Post
I don't know if this thread is really necessary. There's a whole section of the forum where you can give suggestions for making the website better. Just posting a poll and asking people to vote if the new layout looks good or not doesn't make anything any better. If you cared enough about the look of the site to make a poll, maybe your energy would be better used giving suggestions as to how to continue to make it better? Change isn't entirely bad... I'll admit, I didn't love the site at first, but you'll get used to it and once you find out a lot of the new features (I forgot how much I LOVE quick reply) and start using them, I think you'll be completely on board with the site.
I agree with what you said, there is a lot more to it then the first glance. You can really customize your viewing experience here. There are a lot of options, and a lot of toys, and a lot of community sharing tools. I look forward to seeing what people do with the tools here. I hope to see some great weekly blogs, downloads and cards!
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:09 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation

I love it, why don't you naysayers crap on someone else's work?

It is way to soon to say whether or not you like the site, it will take some time to get used to, but it has so many new, awesome, features!

- Thanks All!
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:12 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

I'm disappointed. All that work that went into this site yesterday, and still no protection against binary polls.

It does look pretty, and my avatar can be bigger than it used to, but it's going to take me a while to get used to this format. It's kind of like living in a cozy little log cabin for years. It's not all that attractive, but you made it your home. You felt safe there. Then you win the lottery or something, and you are moved into a bigger house with all kinds of modern equipment, like CD players that turn on when you tell them too, robot maids, running water, a walk in closet. It's all very nice, but you can't help thinking, 'I miss my nice little log cabin'.

It will take me at least a month or two before I can comfortably say that this format is better than the old format. (That's about how long it will take me to figure out all the fancy new dewdads that this site has to offer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Last edited by guido; April 13th, 2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: I bloody well felt like it.
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:13 PM

bjmorga Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB View Post
I agree with what you said, there is a lot more to it then the first glance. You can really customize your viewing experience here. There are a lot of options, and a lot of toys, and a lot of community sharing tools. I look forward to seeing what people do with the tools here. I hope to see some great weekly blogs, downloads and cards!
I just made my page wider in the options tools and I'm a happy camper.
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't mind it, it's definately better, and cooler (great job! ). It's just gonna be a while to get use to it, though.
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I don't mind it, it's definately better, and cooler (great job! ). It's just gonna be a while to get use to it, though.
I agree. This is going to be tough to get used to and I have seen a few bugs in the blog section. But besides that, I'm sure I will learn to love it like the other site.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old April 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Still getting use to it. I'm no gramma about it (I like it better in the old days! :cane: ).

-Edit
Hi ChaosChild , damja , johnny139 , and Revdyer...my fellow viewers of this thread.

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; April 13th, 2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: I wanted to say hi.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News