Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 18th, 2020, 08:39 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

I actually have a “Hulk in space” Drax draft I was interested in pursuing but could never really put the pieces together for. If you have some Infinity Watch expertise I’d love your input on that at some point.
Old January 18th, 2020, 08:55 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I'd be happy to workshop that with you.
Old January 18th, 2020, 09:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think both of these guys (or Eternity at least) are obvious choices for Abstract Heroes, but the fact they have miniatures is certainly attractive. You can probably give them a class of Avatar or something, which gives you an excuse to tone down their power level... like, this is literally the universe itself, it shouldn't really be possible for an army kill him. Maybe a few Beyonders.

Eternity does actually hang out with the Surfer fairly often in the Slott run, at least - he comes around asking favors of him two or three times if I recall right. He's more closely aligned with the Queen of Nevers, though - where Eternity is the embodiment of all that is, she's the embodiment of all that could and is yet to be. I think we could probably justify a Guardian Surfer, so I don't think it's worth it to force the connection here.

I think it'll be tough to really gauge their price/impact based on power-set, because they're really kind of passive boosts and then the ultimate cleanup machines, which isn't necessarily a bad track.
Old January 18th, 2020, 10:36 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
You can probably give them a class of Avatar or something, which gives you an excuse to tone down their power level... like, this is literally the universe itself, it shouldn't really be possible for an army kill him. Maybe a few Beyonders.
I mean, yeah, this is a case where I wouldn't really interpret them getting destroyed as actual destruction of the universe or anything.

Quote:
Eternity does actually hang out with the Surfer fairly often in the Slott run, at least - he comes around asking favors of him two or three times if I recall right. He's more closely aligned with the Queen of Nevers, though - where Eternity is the embodiment of all that is, she's the embodiment of all that could and is yet to be. I think we could probably justify a Guardian Surfer, so I don't think it's worth it to force the connection here.
Good to know.

Maybe if we ever tackle The Keeper (old-school GotG future timeline version of Surfer), we could make him a Guardian to give them a Surfer option? He's a version of Surfer that has the Quantum Bands, which is how Quasar is linked to Infinity (I think), so it'd be a neat sort of abstract callback to that.

Quote:
I think it'll be tough to really gauge their price/impact based on power-set, because they're really kind of passive boosts and then the ultimate cleanup machines, which isn't necessarily a bad track.
Yeah, I think you'd need to tinker around a lot in huge match-ups to get a feeling for them.
Old January 18th, 2020, 10:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The first power's not quite clicking with me yet.

I really dig the theme and implementation of Matters of Little Import.

I dig the reuses of Master of Space and Master of Time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 19th, 2020, 02:45 PM
Symbiotic

I think Infinity's first power is a little more straightforward, while Eternity's is weirder and a little more mechanically keyed into Warlock in particular (essentially removing the range limits on Master of the Soul Gem and Infinity Watch).

It's kind of wonky when you read it, but the effect feels right (at least when I theoryscape it in my head). It's essentially upping Warlock's awareness of all the other figures on the board, which is on-brand for how Eternity helps him out in the comics.

And I kinda like doing that with a funky distance-manipulation mechanic, since the guy is the embodiment of space.
Old January 19th, 2020, 03:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Part of it for me is probably that Adam Warlock happened while I was away and I'm almost entirely unfamiliar with his design!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 23rd, 2020, 10:16 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = SLEEPER
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WANDERER
PERSONALITY = TACITURN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

CHEMOKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 2.
Before attacking with this special attack, you may choose one of the following:
-Each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.
-If you roll 2 skulls, you may remove one Order Marker at random from each affected figure's Army Card.
Each effect can only be chosen once per round. All figures within 2 spaces of Sleeper that do not have the Environmental Suit special power are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately.

CAMOUFLAGE
If Sleeper is not engaged, it cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or any special powers that require clear sight.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = SLEEPER
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = SYMBIOTE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = COMPANION
PERSONALITY = TACITURN

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 2

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

HUMANOID FORM
You may draft one other Sleeper that is not small. That Sleeper does not start the game on the battlefield. When this Sleeper is destroyed, immediately replace it with your other Sleeper.

WATCHFUL EYE
Whenever a figure within 3 spaces of Sleeper that has 3 or fewer Life would receive one or more wounds, you may place Sleeper on an unoccupied space adjacent to that figure and then destroy Sleeper to ignore those wounds.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Bio - A spawn of the Venom symbiote, Sleeper temporarily bonded with Eddie Brock to rescue its parent from the clutches of Tel-Kar, a Kree warrior that had enslaved the Venom symbiote. Sleeper exacted its revenge by lobotomizing Tel-Kar and using his body to explore the cosmos. After Tel-Kar's eventual death, Sleeper returned to Earth and began watching over Dylan Brock, Eddie's son.
Pretty different from my last spin on Sleeper, but the character's super new and continues to evolve. I'm just super happy it's sticking around and not getting immediately aced.

Anyway, symbiote cat! Sleeper doesn't seem to really need a host? Symbiotes have been portrayed as a little more independent lately in general. Sleeper's current status quo is that it doesn't have a host and chills as Dylan's cat, but can turn back into its humanoid form when needed (generally to help out Dylan).
Old January 23rd, 2020, 10:30 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I dig it.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 24th, 2020, 01:00 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

So these books are now about Eddie Brock’s kid who has an alien pet cat that turns into a giant dude and beats people up for him? I mean...I don’t know what I was expecting.

I love that Wanderer has caught on as a thing. As long as you don’t mind him bonding with a robot dog or some British chicks somewhere down the line, I think that’s cool.

Chemokinesis is a really cool SA. I like the potential of a hypothetical situation where you’re surrounded by a ton of enemies with OMs and get a chance to knock all those OMs off.
Old January 24th, 2020, 01:12 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
So these books are now about Eddie Brock’s kid who has an alien pet cat that turns into a giant dude and beats people up for him? I mean...I don’t know what I was expecting.
When the premise you're starting from is "romance between a bodybuilder and a pile of goop that share a body", you're gonna end up in some weird places.

There was also a Carnage raccoon in today's issue. Less card potential though, it just tries to steal from a convenience store and gets shut down pretty quick.

Quote:
I love that Wanderer has caught on as a thing. As long as you don’t mind him bonding with a robot dog or some British chicks somewhere down the line, I think that’s cool.

Chemokinesis is a really cool SA. I like the potential of a hypothetical situation where you’re surrounded by a ton of enemies with OMs and get a chance to knock all those OMs off.
I'm cool with all that.
Old January 24th, 2020, 01:28 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Who wouldn't want their design to bond with a robot dog?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy