Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 1st, 2012, 07:52 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: CHCG24 Discussion Thread

I also think that you are putting too much into one ability. So far I have seen that you have a modified carry and disengage in there. It would be much simpler to separate them. Especially since most scapers are familiar with disengage. They would only have to learn one power, mounted carry.

I would also second BIV's height advantage question for the mounted figure.
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:56 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Actually, I am posting my last comment on your custom thread since I believe there is still a unit being reviewed, The "Ladies of the Night", right.

Or has that one ended?
Old February 1st, 2012, 09:04 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
I also think that you are putting too much into one ability. So far I have seen that you have a modified carry and disengage in there. It would be much simpler to separate them. Especially since most scapers are familiar with disengage. They would only have to learn one power, mounted carry.

I would also second BIV's height advantage question for the mounted figure.
I had considered seperating the powers intially, but wasn't sure if I should. Maybe I should now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I suppose. Some questions.

"The placed figure is considered adjacent to and one level above this horse's base." So the rider and horse are both affected by area affect attacks and the rider has height advantage over figures whose bases are on the same level as the horse, right? But for LOS purposes, you just use the horse (regardless of whether you're targeting the horse or the rider), right?

I don't think "Equus" is a word. Just call it a horse.

Other than that I don't see anything seriously wrong with this.
You are correct on both points, BIV.

Equus is Latin for horse, and used due to brother's persistance. I will change it anyway.

Last edited by MegaSilver; February 1st, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Please post an updated Green Ladies card.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Please post an updated Green Ladies card.
Your wish isn't my command.

Questions? Comments? Something I missed? Etc?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; February 2nd, 2012 at 08:08 PM. Reason: No, no , no, yes...of course the one I couldn't think of...
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:24 PM

Critique:
Boy, I just don't like Dusk's Shadow at all. I like Super Bogue's idea where you make a common hero that bonds with them. You could even use a Warrior of Ashra figure to represent the common hero and put a sticker on the base or something.

Things that I do like about the unit:
Left stat box--I love that they are both elves and knights. The synergy that gives them and the new army possibilities is awesome.

I like the stats and think that 50 points is pretty solid for these gals.

Suggestions:
The common hero suggestion could really be a head ache, what if you you changed Dusk's Shadow to an ability that allows you to use one figure twice. Not sure on how to word it though.

Last edited by Tiranx; February 2nd, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 08:41 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

Questions? Comments? Something I missed? Etc?
I have to say, the powers on this card seem rather overpowered for such a low cost figure.
I agree with what's been said about either changing or removing the first power. I'll let someone else seal with that. But I definately have to say, the second power just seems wrong. I think it could use a word revision to more official sounding text and if you're going to keep it at +2, you really should bump up the cost of the card.
Just my .
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Critique:
Boy, I just don't like Dusk's Shadow at all. I like Super Bogue's idea where you make a common hero that bonds with them. You could even use a Warrior of Ashra figure to represent the common hero and put a sticker on the base or something.

Things that I do like about the unit:
Left stat box--I love that they are both elves and knights. The synergy that gives them and the new army possibilities is awesome.

I like the stats and think that 50 points is pretty solid for these gals.

Suggestions:
The common hero suggestion could really be a head ache, what if you you changed Dusk's Shadow to an ability that allows you to use one figure twice. Not sure on how to word it though.
Eh, making and passing 2 customs at once is something I'd like to stay away from in this group(even if I'm the one who made insane nominations in the past, I'm not willing to go that far to give us all headaches).

The left box wasn't originally meant for synergy purposes, but I left it as such because it does add some cool army ideas and theories. Sir Guru and these ladies make a cool, non-typical combo.

Well, Dusk's Shadow isn't an easy power to "like," if only because it's obviously custom-y. I'm not sure how to change it so that they can 4 moves and attacks(at the cost of points). I could do something similar to my custom unit Slander, but then it just becomes too complex.

Edit: Just saw Wulf's post:

Overpowered for a unique melee squad? That's like saying the Krav are pushovers. The bonus movement is very helpful when dealing with ranged threats *cough Krav, 4th, 10th, Q9, Q10, Stingers cough* and the extra attack only bumps them to 4 attack power. Thanks for the comments anyways,

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; February 2nd, 2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Seriously, does anybody ever look at whether or not a unit is unique or not? That makes a huge difference in every unit...
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:20 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Edit: Just saw Wulf's post:

Overpowered for a unique melee squad? That's like saying the Krav are pushovers. The bonus movement is very helpful when dealing with ranged threats *cough Krav, 4th, 10th, Q9, Q10, Stingers cough* and the extra attack only bumps them to 4 attack power. Thanks for the comments anyways,
And yes, I saw they were a unique squad. I thought about that while I was thinking about what you could revise the text to read. Something like:
If all of the Guardians of the Night start on their turn on a grass tile, you may add 2 to their move and attack this turn.
Personally, I'd add the 15 points from the other power into the card, drop the first power and change the text to read as above, but that's just me. You have the rest of the community to help you decide what to do with your card. These are just my thoughts. Take them for what they are worth.

Last edited by wulfhunter667; February 2nd, 2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Seriously, can't anyone take constructive criticism on this site anymore without assuming the other guy is full of it?!?
Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with not liking Dusk's Shadow...the problem is that they are a unique figure and 3 are shown on the card so there should only be 3 figures. Next, powers normally don't start working until after you have drafted your army not during...I could see something that allowed you to replace 1 of the figures after 1 is destroyed that way are you not technically adding a figure that is not there. An other idea is to allow a double attack with 1 of the figures that attacked that turn...thus giving you the feel of a 4th figure.

These are just some thoughts...they still would need text and a bump in points. Most likely the 15 pts. in the first power.

I like the rewording of the 2nd power by wulfhunter667...it is clear and fits with official wording.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
I agree with not liking Dusk's Shadow...the problem is that they are a unique figure and 3 are shown on the card so there should only be 3 figures. Next, powers normally don't start working until after you have drafted your army not during...I could see something that allowed you to replace 1 of the figures after 1 is destroyed that way are you not technically adding a figure that is not there. An other idea is to allow a double attack with 1 of the figures that attacked that turn...thus giving you the feel of a 4th figure.

These are just some thoughts...they still would need text and a bump in points. Most likely the 15 pts. in the first power.

I like the rewording of the 2nd power by wulfhunter667...it is clear and fits with official wording.
I definitely think that is the easiest solution. Now you just need to bribe someone to word it for you.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:59 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I definitely think that is the easiest solution. Now you just need to bribe someone to word it for you.
"After attacking with Guardians of the Night, one Guardian of the Night may attack one additional time."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards