Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 1st, 2020, 12:38 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Court of Owls (Phase Uno)

Gamora is sort of the odd-woman out being a fair bit more expensive than the rest. I figure if it proves too powerful to get a basically guaranteed resurrection for her we can limit Electrum Investment to some mix of Human/Undead Assassins (depending on how we want the Talons to work).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 1st, 2020, 04:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I personally liked the common squads that you can scale up, but I'm fine with a crazy big unique squad as well.

If it is unique, though, I think the first power could be significantly simplified. Doesn't need the scaling, just start with 6 markers. Maybe change the exact number needed to give a little wiggle room. Something like that. As-is there's two binary choices, so it feels a little strange to use markers in that way.

Otherwise, though, they look good.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 11:40 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm now free to run this initial if we get things updated and are happy to move forward here.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 11:50 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I personally liked the common squads that you can scale up, but I'm fine with a crazy big unique squad as well.

If it is unique, though, I think the first power could be significantly simplified. Doesn't need the scaling, just start with 6 markers. Maybe change the exact number needed to give a little wiggle room. Something like that. As-is there's two binary choices, so it feels a little strange to use markers in that way.

Otherwise, though, they look good.
Yeah the scaling is just left over from the original version.

It's not totally a binary choice with the markers right now, but yeah the resurrection option is all or nothing. I guess we could do like.. it takes four markers to revive someone? So they can still do some healing. Or maybe make it so they have to remove markers equal to the character's life value. That could be a good safety valve to stop them from bringing back like some weird Elseworlds Assassin Superman or something.

CONSISTENCY CHECKLIST (SHORT FORM)
[spoiler]Consistency Concerns
Name and Identity
Verify character is named in a way that is clear, accurate and feels consistent with the way other characters are named.
Verifed

Uniqueness and Type
Verify that the power text reflects the listed uniqueness and type, that the uniqueness fits the character, and that squad size is listed for squads.
Verifed

Left Box
If the character's species, class or personality is reused, verify that the character feels thematically consistent with other figures that have that species, class or personality. If they are not reused, verify that there is no pre-existing species, class or personality that would make more sense.
Verifed

Size and Height
Verify that the listed size and height are accurate. Standing the mini up next to a stack of tiles, and a few other minis of various sizes, is encouraged.
Verifed

Super Strength and Flying
Verify that these special powers are present if they make sense, and not if they don't.
Verified

New Powers - Names
Verify that any new powers are not using power names identical to, or very similar to, pre-existing powers. Verify that any new powers are actually new and not old powers with new names.
Verified

New Powers - Effects
Verify that the effect and timing of all new powers is clear. Verify that any logical immunities, benefits, or weaknesses (whether those be necessary for thematic or mechanical reasons) are implemented: consider whether defensive powers that work against normal attacks should also work against special attacks, whether or not a power has an elemental component that some figures should resist, and whether or not unliving figures (such as Undead and Androids) should be affected.
Verified

Reused Powers
Verify that the design is reusing powers in place of creating new ones, where reused powers could implement the same theme and mechanics with no differences or only trivial differences. Verify that any reused powers have the correct text.
Verified

Power Level
Verify that the character's movement, attack, range, and defense (in conjunction with any special powers that enhance those stats) feel consistent with the capabilities of characters with analogous powers and abilities. Verify that the character falls into a similar point range to characters with comparative powers and abilities.
Verified

Don't seem to be any big issues, so I'm going to go ahead and propose going to Initial Playtesting

Here's what I'm thinking for an updated Electrum Investment power:

Start the game with 6 gold Electrum markers, you may choose any number of Assassin Unique Heroes in your army and distribute your Electrum markers among the chosen Heroes' Army Cards. At the start of each round, you may either:
• Choose any number of Heroes you control that each have one or more Electrum markers on their card and are not on a snow or ice space, and remove one Electrum marker from each of their cards. If you do, remove 1 wound marker from each of the chosen Heroes' Army Cards.
• Choose a destroyed Hero in your army and remove a number of Electrum markers from that Hero's card equal to its Life Value. If you do, remove all wound markers from that Hero's Army Card, then place that Hero on a space in your Start Zone.

My Etsy Store
Old June 3rd, 2020, 11:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Court of Owls (V-IPT)

Yea, like the change to markers equal to the life number for resurrecting them.
Old June 3rd, 2020, 11:57 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Yeah, I should have done something with that sooner, but i kinda forgot that was a tool in the C3G box.

Also gives an avenue for some soft synergy with the Talons if we drop them to 3 life, since you could resurrect two of them/ one twice. Which would help tie them together a bit more.

My Etsy Store
Old June 4th, 2020, 01:09 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I dig something like 3 Life and Unstoppable Resilience on Talons (though I know you have a write up for them already).

Also yea and like where this landed.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 4th, 2020, 06:17 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old June 4th, 2020, 06:54 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

yea
Old June 4th, 2020, 09:09 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yea

Question though, I love breaking new ground with big squads, but WHY is it a 6 man squad? Is there only 6 of them in the comics? (Never read them). Since they essentially are just an OM hub that stays in your start zone, and suck in combat, seems a bit weird to push them to have 6 when it doesn't really do anything. I'm not against it at all, just curious on the thought process.
Old June 4th, 2020, 09:33 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
BEHIND GRANITE AND LIME
A Member of the Court of Owls cannot be attacked as long as they are in your Start Zone and you control at least one Assassin Hero.
Worth doing something so they can't deny enemy melee units by turtling up around the Assassin?

yea either way.
Old June 4th, 2020, 12:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yea

Question though, I love breaking new ground with big squads, but WHY is it a 6 man squad? Is there only 6 of them in the comics? (Never read them). Since they essentially are just an OM hub that stays in your start zone, and suck in combat, seems a bit weird to push them to have 6 when it doesn't really do anything. I'm not against it at all, just curious on the thought process.
Felt like a good number to represent a small committee/it was the number of markers he wanted to go with and the theme is one from each of them?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library