Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old December 2nd, 2008, 07:06 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: My list of things that must go!

Things I'd ban...
  • Hairless cats - those things are freaky looking
  • Text messaging on mobile phones - I know it has it's uses but I hate it. Oh and while I'm on the subject...
  • Ridiculous Mobile Phone ringtones - keep your poor taste to yourself thanks.
  • People who think that just because they drink blood and wear black they are vampires.
  • Nazis - except in WWII FPSers.
I think that will do. I need to have a little rest and a lie down...
Old December 2nd, 2008, 08:40 AM

Bill Newby knows what's in an order marker Bill Newby knows what's in an order marker

People who think they know it all.

(They really annoy those of us who do.)
Old December 2nd, 2008, 08:44 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Something we could do without...

Folks who follow Revdyer or anybody else around posting "Amen" or "/sign" after they post something.. (I was going to put a wink smile here but then I thought that would seem.. rude?)
Amen.

(Someone had to do it.)
Old December 2nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Discussions about politics or gay marriage or evolution or any other topic where no one is ever going to change anyone else's mind about anything.
And religion?

*ducks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Things I'd ban...
  • Hairless cats - those things are freaky looking
  • Text messaging on mobile phones - I know it has it's uses but I hate it. Oh and while I'm on the subject...
  • Ridiculous Mobile Phone ringtones - keep your poor taste to yourself thanks.
  • People who think that just because they drink blood and wear black they are vampires.
  • Nazis - except in WWII FPSers.
I think that will do. I need to have a little rest and a lie down...
I'll call them "Vampires" with a link to your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Onacara.

Since Onacara seconded it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
The term "organic."

Organic means "carbon-based."
Now, people use it to mean one or more of the following: "healthy," "hormone-free," "steroid-free," "all-natural," and "dolphin-friendly."
It actually refers to processes in consumer products, but it is overused. If I see bottled water marketed as organic then I'm going to bring a false advertising complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I disagree with the first three, Agent Minivann. I liked getting Rick Rolled/Rolling others, and pirates vs. ninjas is one of the themes of one of my favorite webcomics. ...
I'd also like to add pretty much 90% of commercials. You know what? All of 'em. I'll pay to not have them. And DRM.
I was going to put you on there, but I'll give you a pass for mentioning DRM. That's on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I'm annoyed by people that incorrectly use metaphors or latin phrases.
Good one. That's a pet peeve of mine. One that made me cringe was a guy that said "It takes two to tangle." It was in the context of a pedestrian that was hit in a crosswalk by a drunk hit and run. I wanted to rip the idiot for trying to assign blame to the victim and with a horribly used metaphor on top of it.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
I disagree with the first three, Agent Minivann. I liked getting Rick Rolled/Rolling others, and pirates vs. ninjas is one of the themes of one of my favorite webcomics. ...
I'd also like to add pretty much 90% of commercials. You know what? All of 'em. I'll pay to not have them. And DRM.
I was going to put you on there, but I'll give you a pass for mentioning DRM. That's on the list.

DRM, isn't that Desmin Related Myopathy? You know, the rare neuromuscular disease?

Maybe we can add acronyms to the list!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 11:17 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Just to put more flame on the fire, there are forms of DRM I can stand, for the sake of the game. Steam is one. Spore's DRM...not so much.

Also, people who twist their own words around as long as possible so it doesn't seem as if they lied, yet still manage to make it seem like they said anything. I don't know what the name for these people is. Weasels?
Old December 2nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My Idea for Bottled water was marketing a non trans fat, zero calorie water simply known as "Wet". Think it will sell?
Old December 2nd, 2008, 12:04 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
My Idea for Bottled water was marketing a non trans fat, zero calorie water simply known as "Wet". Think it will sell?
It must be mine!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Quote:

DRM, isn't that Desmin Related Myopathy? You know, the rare neuromuscular disease?

Maybe we can add acronyms to the list!
Digital Rights Management Acronyms don't bother me 1. in moderation 2. when they are understood.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

News reporters (though it isn't limited to them) who speak in a perfectly normal voice, but go into a foreign accent when a foreign word comes up.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 01:25 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Neighbors that feel the need to comment about everything that happens in your back yard, i.e. "I see you had a barbecue, how fun.", "Uh oh, I see the dogs got into something..." Ugh!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 01:47 PM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker

Dance dance revolution...stupidest thing ever

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General