Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 15th, 2015, 01:29 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Is C3V FanScape?
Old October 15th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Is C3V FanScape?
There is a distinction between C3V and the rest of customs (Fanscape). The rigors of C3V are much more stringent than a personal custom. That said I have purchased mini's and printed cards for units from a hand full of designers - albeit a few with modifications. On the other side I have purchased C3V units and printed cards as if they were official releases, with no change considered.

I can "spot the difference" between 90% of customs and official units (even among my own), whereas I don't see a distinction between classic and C3V.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 15th, 2015, 02:20 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Ahh...so SoV is FanScape, but C3V is not, yet both are "the VC". What is the distinction then?
Old October 15th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The term "Fanscape" is usually used to describe the post-official world of Heroscape continued through the dedication of custom-creating fans, though it is sometimes used to describe C3V/SoV units.

C3V and SoV are different yet united projects. We work together on the units from both groups behind the scenes, though the direction and purpose of the projects are different. C3V recognizes SoV units as part of their canon and vice versa. We're sometimes referred to as United Fanscape, Valhalla Customs, UF, VC, and various other terms.
Old October 15th, 2015, 07:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

^ There was a time when it meant C3V + SoV. That's how I meant it. I certainly did not intend to belittle anybody else's work, and I understand how it can be read that way.

edit: Many thanks for the kind words, @wriggz . Both the SoV and the C3V pour an enormous amount of work into achieving that effect.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2015, 05:17 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You call SoV, FanScape?

Are not all customs made by fans?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Is C3V FanScape?
Some people use the term "FanScape" to refer to C3V + SoV, it's true. However, I think that Tornado is right, and FanScape is really a broader term that would include C3G and HoSS, at least. A while back, when we first began the process of integrating C3V and SoV, I suggested we come up with a name that would refer to the combination of both groups. So we brainstormed a bit and "Valhalla Customs" is what we came up with. So "VC" is an officially defined term that means C3V + SoV. "FanScape" is a much more loosely defined term, and can mean different things to different people.

Does that help clear it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 16th, 2015, 02:22 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

In addition to the dinosaurs noted above, I noticed the Safari LTD Good Luck Minis are getting pretty nice quality stuff that could be used here. I like that they are cheap and relatively available, if not the best paint jobs.

Fantasy Fun Pack - - Makes some greay Green & Black Wyrmlings, Unicorns, Pegasus, etc

Army Men

Civil War Confederate Soldiers Collection 2

Civil War Union Soldiers Collection 2

Jamestown Settlers

Knights & Dragons

Mythical Realms

Pirates

Wild West

Last edited by lefton4ya; October 16th, 2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old October 16th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Are they the right scale?
Old October 16th, 2015, 03:06 PM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver King View Post
Ok, so I looked through all the C3V and SoV customs to make sure that these next figures weren't already being used. They are both from the Pathfinder line of minis. They both look pretty cool and we would get something that I think hasn't been done before, a Female Archer Hero.

Was wondering if anyone saw this post. Might of gotten lost in the Fanscape term discussion.
Old October 16th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

TSK those are definitely appealing. Could you give me a link to where you found them? I know you said they're Pathfinder, but a link would be great, because I'm normally a combination of (1) busy and (2) lazy.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2015, 03:31 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Looks like the answer is "no." According to Safari Ltd.'s website, the "toob" is 10.34 inches tall. That makes these soldiers about 2.25" - 2.5" tall. I've seen several other Toobs in person, and every figure I've seen so far is very noticeably too large.

On the "minis" (dragons etc.), another thing to keep in mind is that they are rubbery and squishy. I don't mind that so much for the ants, but I don't think I'd want to see a whole slew of new VC figures that quiver and squish.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; November 22nd, 2018 at 08:33 AM. Reason: fixing image
Old October 16th, 2015, 03:47 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
I think so - but I might get some just to check I would love to see a whole wave of C3V that can be gotten from the same source and this would be great if it fit size wise.
@Just_a_Bill - Thanks for the quick size comparison. I guess anthing but little dragons are out of the question.
@Dad_Scaper @The Silver King
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver King View Post
Was wondering if anyone saw this post. Might of gotten lost in the Fanscape term discussion.
Didn't get lost, but note that for C3V to select a figure there has to be a lot available for sale (100-200+ is nice) since it will take 6 months between selecting a mini and releasing a wave and then 100s of people might be buying it. Neither or these are in enough quantities, although they look nice. I feel bad that I think we shouldn't use Pathfinder minis anymore for the simple reason they don't make enough of them, unless they are re-released.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs