Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 25th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of 10th Regiment

How about 3x 10th, Marcus + New Drake?
Old August 25th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
I'm trying to put together a good 500-point army using 2 squads of 10th Reg (that's all I've got and I won't be able to get more for a good while, so please bear with me). I instantly saw the Marcus synergy, and I figure I should take 2 squads of Romans with him (again, all I've got; I only have 1 squad of Sacred Band so I'd have to borrow someone else's to use that pairing in a tourney).
That leaves 150 left...
I kinda like Mimring here. One thing that a Legion/10th army lacks is mobility. Another is a Special Attack. Mimsy gives you both. If you can resist the temptation to charge out with the big Beast he should be well worth his price in support of what you already have there.

~Aldin, asking "when is a Dragon not a Dragon"?

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:01 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
I'm trying to put together a good 500-point army using 2 squads of 10th Reg (that's all I've got and I won't be able to get more for a good while, so please bear with me). I instantly saw the Marcus synergy, and I figure I should take 2 squads of Romans with him (again, all I've got; I only have 1 squad of Sacred Band so I'd have to borrow someone else's to use that pairing in a tourney).
That leaves 150 left...
I kinda like Mimring here. One thing that a Legion/10th army lacks is mobility. Another is a Special Attack. Mimsy gives you both. If you can resist the temptation to charge out with the big Beast he should be well worth his price in support of what you already have there.
Pretty good, Aldin.

I recently played this 500-point army:

Marcus - 100 pts
Roman Legionnaires x 2 - 100
10th Regiment of Foot x 2 - 150
Major Q10 - 150

It did quite well, helping my team win the game. Q10 provides two flexible special attacks that the army would otherwise lack, as Aldin pointed out, and adds even more range to the militia army. Less mobile than Mimring, perhaps, but sturdier.

I do have to disagree with Aldin about this army's lack of mobility, however; the Romans with a 5 move and the Redcoats with 6 move is enough movement to do the job.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sherman Davies,

Nice, Q10 is another great option. I have to admit a certain penchant for mobility. Having played on a number of hilly, roadless maps I tend to crave a flier or two

~Aldin, too sturdy by about twenty pounds

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:24 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

Q10, yes, that could work nicely...

EDIT: I fought a 490-point elf wizard army (should have added Otonashi but we miscalculated) on a small jungle-swamp map with that Marcus, 2xLegio, 2xRedcoats, Q10 set-up and all the soldiers were fried before they could attack anything; I managed 1 wound with a Redcoat but after that it was all over. However, Q10 messed some mothers up when I utilized him last and won me the game in the end.

Last edited by Blackrock; August 28th, 2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:56 PM

Shef Woo who?

I have found the 10th reg gery effective, especially when using them with deathreavers or wolves of badru. The 'reavers get your enemy engaged & even if they land an attack, the scatter ability kicks in which leaves your oppnent's enemy open to wait-then-fire from the Reg. If you get them on height, then your pretty much have a great defensive line. Just don't group them adjacent or you could fall victim to a dragon's special attack or a wild swing attack.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 06:24 PM

Red_Sox_1 is surprisingly tart

One 500 point army that looks good on paper (I don't have the 10th Regiment) is:

10th Reg x2 150
Sacred Band x3 300
Marcus 400
Parmenio 490
Isamu 500

This allows the Sacred Band their extra defense die, and a very valuable soldier enhancement.
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:49 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Sox_1 View Post
One 500 point army that looks good on paper (I don't have the 10th Regiment) is:

10th Reg x2 150
Sacred Band x3 300
Marcus 400
Parmenio 490
Isamu 500

This allows the Sacred Band their extra defense die, and a very valuable soldier enhancement.
Hehe... I finally get to say this.

I would use Romans instead. More defense.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 26th, 2008, 11:41 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

My brother ripped me a new one tonight with x2 10th; His army was:

x2 10th 150
Alistair 110
Finn 80
x2 Kow 140
Total: 480

We don't have some of the smaller point people, and I was using Otonashi.

He grabbed height with the 10th and sat Finn in the middle. Alistair and the KoW did the dirty work and grabbed/held +1 all attack and +1 common attack. I picked absolutely pathetically and played worse, but I think he had a really solid army. He could easily have used 4th, but we only have 1 set.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 27th, 2008, 12:08 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
My brother ripped me a new one tonight with x2 10th; His army was:

x2 10th 150
Alistair 110
Finn 80
x2 Kow 140
Total: 480

We don't have some of the smaller point people, and I was using Otonashi.

He grabbed height with the 10th and sat Finn in the middle. Alistair and the KoW did the dirty work and grabbed/held +1 all attack and +1 common attack. I picked absolutely pathetically and played worse, but I think he had a really solid army. He could easily have used 4th, but we only have 1 set.
Sounds like a good strategy, except Finn only confers attack bonus to units that have a Range of 1 while he's alive.

That being said, with height, +1 Attack, and +1 Common Attack just about any ranged squad is going to dominate...

Old October 27th, 2008, 12:21 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Sounds like a good strategy, except Finn only confers attack bonus to units that have a Range of 1 while he's alive.

That being said, with height, +1 Attack, and +1 Common Attack just about any ranged squad is going to dominate...
I didn't notice that! I haven't used Finn in so long; all I remembered was that he gave +1A to all adjacent figures. That would have been a good thing to know; though, it didn't matter much, he ripped Grimnak up in one turn with Alistair. All it took was one blank on the dice for defense to take 4 damage, then he followed it up with an overextend to finish. He was really my only hope.

Does Finn's aura work when the 10th is engaged to an enemy?

EDIT: To avoid a thread jack I'll go to the Finn thread.
REEDIT: Got my answer. Its no.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Last edited by GreenLanturn; October 27th, 2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old October 27th, 2008, 01:59 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Oooh, I do love me some cross-theme armies, though. For 500 points:

110 Alastair MacDirk
080 Thorgrim the Viking Champion
150 10th Regiment of Foot x2
140 Knights of Weston x2
020 Marcu Esenwien

Thorgrim can boost the 10th unlike his brother. And when he dies both Alastair and Marcu are good low-defense, high-life targets for his Spirit.

Or
110 Alastair MacDirk
160 MacDirk Warriors x2
080 Thorgrim the Viking Champion
150 10th Regiment of Foot x2

Now you only have Alastair to put the Spirit on, but his Warriors are faster than the Knights and can have higher attack.

I can honestly say I hadn't thought of either of these armies before. +rep

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units