Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 24th, 2019, 10:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sauron Valley T-Rex (Vote for Initial)

Scrubbing this vote until I can update.
Old April 24th, 2019, 11:51 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm guessing this is the no power card discussion I was asked to comment on. I only read the first page of so but here is my unfiltered...not fully developed thoughts.

In general I kind of feel that having the option of not adding a power to generic figures could be helpful and useful in theory. However, in reality I think the cards would look weird and incomplete. So basically my opinion is...I'm not sure.

Edit...skipped ahead to the last page and I agree we could do something in the blank space but still not sure if that's the right thing. If we are planning other savage land generic creatures perhaps we cou!d do a unifying watermark type overlay similar to how I put together Yodakings templates for his personal GI Joe designs with the Cobra and Joes logo behind the text.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 25th, 2019, 12:24 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Could also do like a 'full art' kinda deal:

I'm not super sold on a no power T-Rex, but I do think it's doable art-wise.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 25th, 2019, 12:26 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I would do a transparency or watermark thing with the rest of the art, similar to how Magic the Gathering used to do their Planeswalker cards when I played. Either way though, I am confidant we can make it look good.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 25th, 2019, 03:43 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

It isn't just a matter of making it look good, to me. It just feels like boring, generic, lazy design. A T-Rex should be simple, but it most definitely shouldn't be boring.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 25th, 2019, 06:41 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

I like Weak Minded for a simple negative power
Old April 25th, 2019, 07:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Mars T-Rex (Vote for Initial)

OP & SP updated.

I propose Initial Playtesting.
Old April 25th, 2019, 10:16 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Yea to Initial now. I think that this is new design space we are exploring, and who knows, maybe it will completely fail. But I see value in giving it a shot and don't think that simple equates to boring.

Also, just curious, are there T-Rex on Mars, or does it mean something else?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 25th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Alright, looks as though we're going ahead with this, but I have to be honest here - this direction sucks any interest I had in this design, and, in so doing, the Dinosaur faction as a whole - which is a shame, because I love dinosaurs and this faction has been looking really cool so far, but if the most iconic dinosaur (and, as such, what's likely to be among the most iconic generics C3G ever does) and building blocks of the faction ends up powerless and boring, that just doesn't feel fitting or interesting at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Yea to Initial now. I think that this is new design space we are exploring, and who knows, maybe it will completely fail. But I see value in giving it a shot and don't think that simple equates to boring.
It doesn't, but there's a massive difference between 'simple and iconic' and 'it's literally just a stat-line'. This seems like the perfect place for a simple, iconic, single power card, not for a pure stat-line and nothing else.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 25th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea

I figure we give it a shot and see how it feels on the battlefield. There's always room for more complicated bread and butter dinos as well.
Old April 25th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

My thoughts more or less echo Johnny's, yea.
Old April 25th, 2019, 12:59 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yea

I figure we give it a shot and see how it feels on the battlefield. There's always room for more complicated bread and butter dinos as well.
Yes, but let's face it - when it comes to bread and butter dinos, this is THE dinosaur. THE most iconic one. Ask any kid (and frankly any adult who isn't trying to be clever...) to name one dinosaur off the top of their heads, they'll say T-Rex, no question. It is the icon of the entire Mesozoic era, one of the scariest creatures to have ever lived on Earth. Making that basic and disappointing, and saying we can do other dinos? This isn't an allosaurus or something like that, it's a T-Rex. In it's own way, it's just as iconic as the most iconic characters we have, such as Superman, Batman, Spider-Man or Iron Man. We can and should do better for that.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library