Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 5th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Black Adam - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Lots of good stuff here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I would say Yes it should include modifiers, but I wouldn't know how to word that.
I agree that it should include modifiers ... I wonder if by not specifying the reasonable default is that modifiers are included? If I roll 18 and have a +2, then my roll is really 20, right?
Can we get a confirmation on this.
Any modifiers that are added to a roll, are always done so before applying the "roll" number to a power. That hasn't been ruled anywhere, but it is just the way Heroscaper and all other games that I have played are figured. If Subakna gives me a +1 to my Marro D20 powers and then I roll a 15 for Stinger Drain, I "rolled" a 16.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ERB response from Hahma:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
For this power,

Quote:
COURAGE OF MEHEN
If an opponent chooses Black Adam for any special power and rolls the 20-sided die, and they roll 18 or lower, the opponent's figure using the power receives one wound.
would this work for figures equipped with glyphs such as the Cosmic Control Rod? Off hand I would think that it would just work against a figure's special powers, so a figure equipped with an equipment glyph wouldn't be affected (though truthfully I don't recall to ruling on that).

Anyway I really think you did a great job with this guy A3n.

Hahma
I haven't the time to give this the proper consideration, so is there an issue we need to address with glyphs.

Cheers
I read that as it working on glyphs too. With the Cosmic Control Rod, is the opponent choosing Black Adam for a special power and rolling the 20-sided die? Yes. Is a specific opponent's figure using the power? Yes.
Since it doesn't specify "on the figure's card" anywhere, I think that glyphs fall under the umbrella here already.
I agree no change required .
Special powers according to the glossary are never specifically tied to just Army Cards, and Cyber Claw seems to suggest that they are special powers. However, Cyber Claw is an example that shows us that Glyphs are not clear on whether or no they are Special Powers, so it specifies, and I think we should also specify and in the same way:

COURAGE OF MEHEN
If an opponent chooses Black Adam for any special power on an Army Card or glyph, and rolls the 20-sided die, and they roll 18 or lower, the opponent's figure using the special power receives one wound.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Follow-up response from Davidlhsl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
If I may, I would like to comment on your clarification on Wisdom of Zehuti. Ah, so you can swap revealed order markers as well as unrevealed! That's cool! Would this wording clarify things, or something like it?

Wisdom of Zehuti
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may switch any other 2 Order Markers on Army Cards you control, regardless of the Order Markers' revealed status or whether any of the Order Markers are on an Army Card of a destroyed figure.

The reason I added the word other is in case the Order Marker Black Adam just revealed isn't a candidate for switching. Or maybe it is? If so, remove other.
I think what he did with the "other" OMs is a good addition.

Cheers
How about ...

WISDOM OF ZEHUTI
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may switch any 2 other Order Markers on Army Cards you control, even revealed Order Markers and Order Markers on an Army Card of a destroyed figure.
I think I prefer it as:
Quote:
WISDOM OF ZEHUTI
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may switch 2 Order Markers on Army Cards you control. Revealed Order Markers or Order Markers on Army Cards of destroyed figures may be switched.
If that works.
I think this is a bit closer/better:
WISDOM OF ZEHUTI
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may immediately choose any 2 Order Markers on Army Cards you control and switch them. Chosen Order Markers may be revealed Order Markers, unrevealed Order Markers, or any Order Marker on Army Cards of destroyed figures.

Quote:
Quote:
I think "chooses" makes more sense. The only place "target" really comes into play in Heroscape language, is during "targeting" which isn't really involved here.
I agree no change here.

Cheers
Choose all the way.

Last edited by Griffin; April 5th, 2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old April 5th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
How about ...

WISDOM OF ZEHUTI
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may switch any 2 other Order Markers on Army Cards you control, even revealed Order Markers and Order Markers on an Army Card of a destroyed figure.
The last line sounds too customy. "Any" means any. If people can't understand that, we can always FAQ it.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old April 5th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good changes and non changes, guys. Things all look to be going in the right direction here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
How about ...

WISDOM OF ZEHUTI
The last line sounds too customy. "Any" means any. If people can't understand that, we can always FAQ it.
What did you think of this? Can you tweak it at all to make it better or is it crap?

WISDOM OF ZEHUTI
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may immediately choose any 2 Order Markers on Army Cards you control and switch them. Chosen Order Markers may be revealed Order Markers, unrevealed Order Markers, or any Order Marker on Army Cards of destroyed figures.
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:04 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I am kind of thinking that we should just leave it at:

Quote:
WISDOM OF ZEHUTI
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may switch any 2 other Order Markers on Army Cards you control.
It says everything we want it to do. If the person playing it can't interpret that as meaning revealed, unrevealed, on destroyed figures, figures off the battlefield or whatever else, then it's them that are missing out. It's a case of do as the card says not what it doesn't say.

Cheers
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:08 PM

I can go with that mentality, but is "other" really necessary? Are we really against the OM from this turn being switched too?
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:17 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I can go with that mentality, but is "other" really necessary? Are we really against the OM from this turn being switched too?
I think some limitation is warranted, & it will avoid any issues that may arrise from taking a turn with someone that the OM wasn't revealed but is now on.

Cheers
Old April 11th, 2011, 11:35 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's going to be a really busy week for me, but if you guys feel he's ready, I'd be happy to try to tackle Black Adam's initial playtest over the course of the week.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2011, 03:37 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I think he is pretty good. I think it would be nice if we knew he played like we intend, but unfortunately the ERB didn't offer anything in that area.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:34 PM

I did already start, but it might take me some time....

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT BLACK ADAM

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass - Lack of lightning strike was disappointing, but now that's fixed it's great.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass - couldn't think of any

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass - He was just a heavy hitter before the lightning strike which was blah, but with the SA I think is good.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass - Some powers are niche but they all have a purpose within the game.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass - He adds to a strategic game.

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes he passes as a playable 1-v-1 unit.
- What should be the unit's point value? 340 - 380
- Give a brief summary. He played like a Heavy Hitter but points is difficult for me to judge based on the costs of the C3G range of units. Against Superman, Darkseid, Supergirl & Scarlet Witch he felt like 360-380. Against Ultron lucky if he made it to 300. Against Hal he felt about 320-340, but against Annihilus in the first match they felt about even but with the dice working for CCR in the second match he felt sub 340.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 300-380
- Give a brief summary. Although he was destroyed before getting there I feel he could have worked his way through them all had he not bothered leaving engagements.
Map: Ruins of Heroes Past
Units: vs 5th Precinct Beat Cops (x6)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 250-300
- Give a brief summary. Why do I say such a low cost? Well he killed a bit less then 225 points worth of Thugs and it took a few more Thugs to set up the appropriate ambush. This match didn't seem as monotonous as the Cops & Black Adam never felt like he was going to win. The whole way through it felt like he was doing ok but the shear numbers would get him in the end which is exactly what happened.
Map: Ruins of Heroes Past
Units: Street Thugs (x5)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 300-360
- Give a brief summary. Black Adam performed as a heavy hitter only as his powers didn't come into play (except for the un-required OM swap in round 5). Although he has a different kind of D20 affecting power, even Captain Marvel's D20 deterred me away from trying Arkillo's Eviscerate from him, so I am not worried about the powers having a place on the card, but concerned that they are just deterrents that mean he only performs as a heavy hitter. I don't know if this is good or bad?
Map: Echoes of Heroes Past
Units: Team1: Black Adam (360), Yellow Lantern - Sinestro, Yellow Lantern - Arkillo (1000 pts)
Team2: Captain Marvel, Green Lantern - Hal, Wonder Woman (1010 pts)

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Indeterminable
- What should be the unit's point value? Indeterminable
- Give a brief summary. BA got his but handed to him by Black Canary & the dice gods.
Map: Echoes of Heroes Past
Units: Team1: Black Adam (370), Super Skrull, Solomon Grundy (1000)
Team2: Supergirl, Black Canary, Gambit, Green Arrow, Batman - Terry (990)

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by A3n; July 3rd, 2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:35 PM

Gotta go, will put the rest of the HH tests up later.
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM

Ah, well, then I don't want to step on your toes. Have at him!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library