Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 20th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Saw the new Ghostbusters. Had a lot of fun. Glad I went. Worth staying for the post credits stinger.

~Aldin, trying to remember the last live action comedy movie with anything remotely approaching this level of non-R-Rated humor

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 20th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Are the younger viewers enjoying it?

That feels the most important. I know it is not going to affect me the way the original did as a kid. Heck one of my first cassette purchases was the Ghostbusters soundtrack.

Staying up late to catch the music video was nirvana. Having flashbacks of Weird Al's: I Lost on Jeopardy.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 27th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado (Well, not really...) View Post
Holy huge sig pic Batman!
I saw Star Trek Beyond yesterday. If you like the new movie series, you should certainly enjoy this one. The poorly received first trailer (Rock music? Dirtbikes?) is completely forgiven after seeing the film. A very fun time with great character moments, and every main (and some minor) characters are given a chance to shine.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 5th, 2016, 02:55 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado (Well, not really...) View Post
Holy huge sig pic Batman!
I saw Star Trek Beyond yesterday. If you like the new movie series, you should certainly enjoy this one. The poorly received first trailer (Rock music? Dirtbikes?) is completely forgiven after seeing the film. A very fun time with great character moments, and every main (and some minor) characters are given a chance to shine.

One of the best movies of the summer

However, Suicide Squad is an absolute atrocity. Started out ok, some cool classic rock helped introduce the team, and the villain seemed interesting at first, but as the movie got on it just tumbled downhill until people were openly laughing at some of the cringe-worthy dialogue. Some minor spoilers (nothing that could make the movie any worse)
Spoiler Alert!

Go see star trek beyond instead, its worth a second watch.
Old August 5th, 2016, 03:15 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm seeing Suicide Squad with some friends tomorrow. They're planning on downing a few shots before we walk into the theater to help, and I'm buying a ticket for Star Trek to support that instead.

Earlier I watched Batman: Assault on Arkham, a 2014 animated Suicide Squad movie. Very good, lots of fun, would highly recommend. Given what I've heard about Suicide Squad 2016 though, I don't think watching AoA is going to do the new movie any favors expectation-wise.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 5th, 2016, 03:26 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I'm seeing Suicide Squad with some friends tomorrow. They're planning on downing a few shots before we walk into the theater to help, and I'm buying a ticket for Star Trek to support that instead.

Earlier I watched Batman: Assault on Arkham, a 2014 animated Suicide Squad movie. Very good, lots of fun, would highly recommend. Given what I've heard about Suicide Squad 2016 though, I don't think watching AoA is going to do the new movie any favors expectation-wise.

~TAF
Shots might have been a good idea in retrospect
Old August 6th, 2016, 04:32 AM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So I saw Suicide Squad earlier tonight and it was F***ING HORRIBLE. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think it was actually worse than Batman v Superman. How'd they even do that?

Unless they miraculously bring back Chris Nolan, I think I'll be avoiding DC movies like the plague from here on out. 26% on RottenTomatoes is far too generous for this """film""" in my opinion.

~TAF, a touch upset

Old August 6th, 2016, 05:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I didn't even like the animated version, and started passing on 'minor' Superhero movies a few months ago. I just saw a San Diego Comic Con panel of about five directors of upcoming DC films and wondered how unitary their vision would be.

I've enjoyed Marvel's Singer and Whedon, but even Whedon couldn't handle Superman properly. Maybe too many people are jaded to do DC the way I remember the comics when I was a kid myself back in the Silver Age: simply and heroically, to inspire the kids and the kid in us all.

Where are George Reeves and Christopher Reeve when we need them? On the screen, of course.
Old August 7th, 2016, 02:52 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Saw Suicide Squad today, I actually thought it was ok. It functions on something resembling logic in places which is better that Batman vs Superman vs Sensibility. The main problem is it was so weighted down by DC's desperate rush to play catch-up with Marvel's cinematic verse. I would have rather had a good Suicide Squad movie a few years from now instead of this mishmash of 'I can't believe it's not Guardians of the Galaxy', 'Justice League Temps', 'See Marvel we can totally do big group movies too!' that we got.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 7th, 2016, 04:36 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

For my money, the best 'Suicide Squad' portrayal was in the old animated Justice League Unlimited episode. How I miss the Timverse.
Old August 8th, 2016, 02:10 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I saw Suicide Squad tonight. I'm surprised about the hate it's getting. While it's by no means an amazing film, it definitely wasn't bad. I thought it was much better the BvS.

My biggest complaint is what DC is doing now with Justice League as well, it would've been much better to introduce all these characters in separate films first. Like Killer Croc as a minor throwaway villain in a Batman film, etc, and focus the beginning of this film on Rock Flag, Enchantress, and whoever wouldn't have got in with previous films yet.

So yeah, the beginning was rough and felt weird and forced, but it was cool by the end. I liked the new take on Joker, we need to definitely see more of him!
Old August 18th, 2016, 04:52 PM

Watched Sausage Party a few nights back. It was decent. Very R-rated, very crass and vulgar as promised. Still not as funny as I would've hoped, food puns and innuendos can only take you so far. As far as comedies this year it was no match for Deadpool.

Still a better cartoon to show your young children than Watership Down though

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies