Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old June 10th, 2020, 09:19 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Recall - Testing

Got to test this glyph today. It was probably used poorly here but there's potential for t to be really handy, especially in this kind of format. I may try to test it with Sentinels of Grax soonish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
2020-06-09
Crumble, heat of battle Scraps format, featuring two treasure glyphs, the Glyph of Recall, and the Glyph of Healing

caps
125 Darth Maul (PM me for the card but I'll be putting it on 'Scapers later)
215 Dienekes
335 2x12th Caucasus Rifles
355 Marcu Esenwein

caps's 7yo
110 Minions of Utgar
290 1xTaelord the Kyrie Warrior
360 1xPhantom Knights

I set up a 12th pod on the highest ground available, surrounded by Dienekes and Maul, with Marcu on a solo height space nearby. My opponent places his Phantom Knights within reach of my pod, with the Minions of Utgar out of sight and Taelord nearby them.

My opponent won initiative and brought Taelord up to my pod with OM1. Dienekes rolled a 17 with Tether of Logos to pull Taelord next to him. Taelord rolled 2/3 and Dienekes rolled 1/4 to take a wound.
The 12th Caucasus Rifles were ineffective with my OM 2.
OM2 saw the Phantom Knights advance. I got a 11 on Tether of Logos against he first one to pull him adjacent and then kicked myself for not moving a Rifle away from Dienekes to give me another place to pull them to; he was maxed out at two pulls due to no good landing spaces. The first PK got 2/3 against Dienekes and he rolled 0/4. The next PK got 2/3 as well to kill a Rifle that had height and the last one got 3/3 to put 2 wounds on Darth Maul even though he had height; Sith Counterstrike did not trigger (got an 11). The Rifles then retaliated by killing two Phantom Knights.
OM3 saw Taelord fly to the glyph of Recall to bring back a Phantom Knight. Darth Maul force leaped over the pair of central pillars to land next to the Healing glyph and kill a Minion of Utgar.

My opponent won initiative again and activated the Minions of Utgar. The two remaining Minions swarmed Darth Maul, rolling 1/2 both times. Maul blocked the first one and got an 18 for Sith Counterstrike, but failed to block the second and took two wounds. The Rifles responded by shooting ineffectually at Phantom Knights.
My opponent's OM2 was on Phantom Knights. They both moved towards Darth Maul, but one of them landed in sight of Dienekes, who Tethered him over with a 17. The PK attacked him with 1/3 and he blocked it with 1/4. The other PK was not adjacent to any of my figures. My Rifles whiffed on their grenade for the Nth time but managed to kill a PK and then had no targets for their second normal attack.
My opponent then moved Taelord over to cover his last two squad figures by Darth Maul with his attack aura, but Dienekes Tethered him over to where he couldn't see them with a nat 20 on his Tether roll. Darth Maul took the healing glyph to heal himself and Dienekes of 1 wound each, then rolled 4/4 to kill the adjacent Minion of Utgar.

At this point it was 1 Phantom Knight and Taelord (with no wounds) against Darth maul (3 wounds), Dienekes (2 wounds), and 3 Rifles.

My opponent won initiative the third straight time.
His first OM was on the PKs, and was the only OM on them. The PK moved towards my Pod and Dienekes tethered him adjacent (with a 19) and took a wound from a 2/4 attack with a 1/4 defense roll. My Rifles were blocked on all of their attacks.
With OM2, Taelord attacked Dienekes 2/3 and was met with 1/4, giving Dienekes another wound. My Rifles finally got a grenade to go off against Taelord; although he took no wounds from it, he whiffed on a 3/4 attack and then only blocked1/2 against a 2/4 attack to get up to 4 wounds.
With his final OM, Taelord rolled 2/3 against Dienekes, who only rolled 1/4 to take yet another wound, bringing him to 5. Darth Maul stealth leaped adjacent to the Phantom Knight and rolled 3/4 against its 1/4 defense to kill it.

I finally got an initiative switch here and killed Taelord with my first OM on the Rifles.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 13th, 2020, 07:25 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Had another game with this glyph. It brought back a Blade Dancer, which proved to be pretty valuable in the long run of the game (though far from enough to tip the scales).

2020-06-13
Crumble by Dignan, heat of battle Scraps format

caps
125 Jango Fett (imagine Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior, but swap the healing for a 1/game fireline; 2A/4D)
150 Drow Chainfighter
240 Dienekes
360 2x20th Maine Volunteers

caps's 7yo
100 2xWarriors of Ashra
180 1xVarkaanan Blade Dancers
260 1xMicroCorps Troopers
360 1xShades of Bleakewoode

Round 1: Dienekes takes wounds from Shades while the 20th Maine and Jango kill WoA, Troopers, and a Blade Dancer

Round 2: Dienekes is soul devoured, a Shade brings back the dead Blade Dancer* with Recall, the 20th Maine put a wound on Dienekes and kill two Blade Dancers, the last Blade Dancer* kills a 20th Maine, Jango kills Dienekes

Round 3: 20th Maine kill all 3 Shades, stealing OM1 and OM2; Jango Fett kills the last two MicroCorps troopers, stealing OM3

Round 4: Jango Fett kills a WoA; Blade Dancer* safely disengages to put a wound on Jango Fett; Jango Fett disengages safely to pick up the Belt of Giant Strength, then forgets to attack (in an alternate reality he kills the nearest WoA); a WoA engages Jango and puts a wound on him; 20th Maine kill the WoA engaged with Fett

Round 5: WoA kill a Chainfighter and a 20th Maine; Jango engages the last Blade Dancer* to use his Belt of Giant Strength and kills her on his second attack, stealing OMs 2 and 3; Jango kills the second-to-last WoA

Game is called

*indicates the Blade Dancer brought back by Recall

--
--
--

--
Old June 13th, 2020, 10:56 PM

Had another game with this glyph. It wasn't used, but it was appealing enough to entice my opponent to leave engagement with a squad figure (and die) to try to get towards it.

2020-06-13
Rust and Ruin by Flash_19, Heat of Battle Scraps format

caps
125 Jango Fett
225 Sentinels of Grax
315 Dienekes
365 Tarn Viking Warriorsr

caps's 7yo
110 Varkaanan Greyspears
205 Arktos
365 2xVarkaanan Blade Dancers

Round1: Tarn Viking Warriors charge out and attack the Blade Dancers across the map, killing 2 of them; Greyspears advance on Jango's high ground, putting 2 wounds on him and 1 wound on Dienekes; Viking Warriors retaliate against the Greyspears, largely getting blocked, though one puts 4 wounds on Arktos; Blade Dancer dies leaving engagement with a Viking Warrior

Round2: Jango flies away from the melee and kills two Greyspears and Arktos with his Flame Thrower Special Attack; Blade Dancers kill a Tarn; Tarns kill a Greyspear; OM2 lost on Arktos; Sentinels of Grax activate Healing glyph to heal Jango and Dienekes and kill a Blade Dancer; last Greyspear dies leaving engagement with a viking (trying to get an angle on the Glyph of Recall)

Round3: Dienekes takes height to kill the penultimate Blade Dancer

Game is called

--
--
--

--
Old June 14th, 2020, 10:09 PM

I played a Varks vs. Varks game just now where Manauvi took a leaving engagement attack to bring back one of the two dead Darkclaws. It didn't ultimately impact the outcome of the game at all, but it was cool to have around.

--
--
--

--
Old June 17th, 2020, 03:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Seems like this glyph isn't game breaking, which is good.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 11:43 PM

Glyph of Recall turned a game around for me by bringing back the Sentinels of Grax (who were *on fire* for Reconstitution from that point on). Bit of an outlier but I thought I would report it.

Quote:
2020-06-17
Rust and Ruin by Flash_19, scraps format

caps
100 Velnesh Alphas
200 Sentinels of Grax
290 Qui-Gon Jinn
360 Josie Whistlestop

caps's 7yo
180 3xZombies of Morindan
240 Zombie Hulk
360 Kaemon Awa

Round1: Zombie Hulk gets defense T-glyph and puts 1 wound on Qui-Gon Jinn; Zombies mob a sentinel and bring it down; Velnesh Alphas kill 3 Zombies; Kaemon Awa takes a wound disengaging to attack Josie with Quick Release, putting 2 wounds on her

Round2: Josie shoots at Kaemon but misses; zombies move to low ground away from everything; Velnesh engage zombies and kill 2 of them; Zombie Hulk puts 1 wound on Qui-Gon Jinn; Qui-Gon uses Force Instincts to take an OM but fails to hurt the Zombie Hulk; Zombie Hulk kills Qui-Gon

Round3: Kaemon Awa kills Josie Whistlestop, stealing OM1; Kaemon Awa kills a Velnesh; Velnesh kill two more Zombies; Zombie Hulk kills a Velnesh; Sentinels get reconstitution but then both die to Counterstrike

Round4: Velnesh use Recall to bring back a Sentinel; Zombies fail to wound anyone; Sentinels reconstitute and kill a zombie; Zombie hulk fails to kill a sentinel; Sentinels whiff against Kaemon and Zombie losing 1 to Counterstrike; Zombie hulk is blocked by a Syntinel

Round5: Zombie Hulk is blocked by Sentinel; Sentinels reconstitute and put a wound on Zombie Hulk; Kaemon Awa whiffs attacking a Sentinel; Sentinels put 2 wounds on Kaemon and 1 wound on Zombie Hulk; Kaemon Awa kills a Sentinel; Sentinels reconstitute and kill hte Zombie Hulk

Round6: Sentinels kill Kaemon Awa, stealling OM1; Sentinels kill the last Zombie

Velnesh Alphas:
roll 2/4, 5/5, and 3/5 to kill 3 Zombies of Morindan (60 points)
roll ??, ??, and ?? to kill 2 more Zombies (40 points)
roll 0/4 defense vs a quick-release SA - death
roll 4/4 and 2/4 attack to kill two zombie (40 points)
roll 2/4 defense against 3/4 attack from the Zombie Hulk - death

--
--
--

--
Old July 5th, 2020, 07:43 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quite a showing for both squads there. Bit of luck, sure, but glyphs are better with different figures and that's OK. In fact, I would hope to see the Sentinels do well with Recall, as long as they don't become overpowered.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 9th, 2020, 10:24 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Glyph of Recall used in these games (2 of the 3 anyway). Almost enough to get the Death Chasers a win in the last game, as they came down to 1 vs 1 Life Sonlen and could've killed him with Initiative. It's interesting how low impact it can feel at other times (like when you're winning anyway), but bringing back a figure really isn't a small thing.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 25th, 2021, 04:49 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Based off of the discussion about new glyph types, we need some to change the Glyph of Recall, assuming these rules for the black glyphs in our box:
INVERSE GLYPHS
Inverse Glyphs have an active-side displaying their name and symbol and an inactive-side with the Inverse Glyph symbol on their back. While an Inverse Glyph's active-side is up, figures standing on that space grant the powers for that glyph as outlined below. While that Inverse Glyph's inactive-side is up, there are no special benefits for that space. When your figure lands on an active-side Inverse Glyph, it must stop. Note: A double-spaced figure must stop when its leading side moves onto an active-side Inverse Glyph.

At the beginning of each round of the game after the first one, flip every Inverse Glyph on the battlefield so that the opposite side is now up (so all active Inverse Glyphs become inactive, and all inactive ones become active). Scenarios will tell you what side to place each Inverse Glyph on to begin the game, or you can start them on either side when designing your own battlefields.
Reviving squad figures is dangerous territory for any sort of permanent glyph, and temporary glyphs would be weird if they disappeared after being activated (I'm not sure that the inconvenience of not being able to activate them on certain turns is worth the added upkeep). Note that even though we all agreed that this glyph is most dangerous with figures like the Vulcanmech Incendiborgs, we all don't really seem to want to test it ourselves.

This would also get completely out of hand with Zombies, Marro Dividers, or other self-regenerating squads if it isn't limited to a oncer-per-game effect, in my eyes. We could look at redesigning to focus the glyph on some form of teleportation, more akin to Erland, perhaps?
Old October 18th, 2021, 09:11 PM

Bummer to lose this one as well. I think temporary glyphs could work, but it definitely feels like an unnecessary combination of things. Maybe something like at the beginning/end of a round, place one of your Squad figure adjacent to it? Simple, gives you a way to reinforce an area of the map. We're also already playing with some form of revive on the HSGs, so changing this leaves a little more room for "Liliana" to have a revival power (since she's potentially some kind of necromancer; and I do like the idea of the HSGs reviving Heroes and Liliana reviving Squads...).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 19th, 2021, 11:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, temporary glyphs are a bit tough to make work well with the halved availability. We can definitely try to experiment with it and make it work, though, especially if we want to leave the opportunity open for players to make their own custom glyphs in this style down the road.

I like your idea of a permanent, slightly-more-limited Erland. Moving your own Squad figures can still be pretty good in the right scenarios.

Do we feel like once per round is too restricted, or just about right? My first inclination is to start there; the other main change that I can see is after revealing a numbered OM while you have a figure on the glyph, but up to three Squads every other round has the potential to be a bit much, I think.
Old October 20th, 2021, 06:34 PM

I think once every-other-round is a good place to start. It reinforces the idea of these glyphs turning areas of the map into hotspots of activity from time to time. At the same time, I could see moving more than one figure, even every-other-round, making it far too easy to swarm and control a particular area.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs