Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 27th, 2020, 09:13 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Poll: Favorite C3G Design by LD: Japes!

Firestorm
Without Firestorm we never get the rest and it is an awesome design and one of the first DC characters I liked.
Going to have to review the art.
Old January 27th, 2020, 09:25 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

White Tiger for both design and art. (I know Bronze Tiger got the tiger pattern first, but I love the white/green on White Tiger's card)

Tough call for a second card art, but I guess Thor (Jane Foster). Dig the way the lightning was used there.
Old January 27th, 2020, 09:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

First poll: while the Fearsome Five are obviously a highlight, if I had to pick just one design, it would be Casey Jones. Took a lot of finagling to get him in his final form, but it was worth it.

For art... ooh, that's tough.

Chun-Li - Would you have guessed that that miniature isn't actually blue?

Martian Manhunter - Something about that mini art is just gorgeous... the background, the lighting, the sort of calm serenity of a guy flying around Mars.

And an honorable mention to Karolina as well. Little known fact - and correct me if I'm wrong here - but I believe japes has mentioned he has a degree of color blindness. Makes some of these art tricks doubly impressive!
Old January 27th, 2020, 10:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Little known fact - and correct me if I'm wrong here - but I believe japes has mentioned he has a degree of color blindness. Makes some of these art tricks doubly impressive!
you are correct sir. I make do with two tricks. One is that my brain is oddly wired to see the world as numbers and photoshop easily gives you the recipe numbers to create colors. so I use that. The second trick is that my son see's colors exceptionally well. He has guided me since he was young and he has no issues telling me when I do something wrong.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 28th, 2020, 02:39 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Firestorm (honorable mention to Bolivar Trask for making the Sentinels relevant again)
Art is super difficult to choose. Lots of cards have really cool little added touches (I'm looking at Enchantress II and Jane Thor) but finding out Chun Li is hand colored via Photoshop takes the cake.
Karolina and Chun Li.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old January 28th, 2020, 09:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wow! That's amazing. I didn't know that, japes!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2020, 10:48 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

For me I'm going with Bolivar Trask for my favorite Japes LD. I tested him and really appreciated what he does for the Sentinels. Designs like these that increase the usefulness of previous designs that later ended up being a little under powered are a general favorite of mine. Love playing me some mutant armies, so having a fun counter draft is a big win!

On the Art front, my first choice was easy to make. It's the Bronze Tiger card. Japes knocked that card out for me many years ago and it was instantly my favorite. Unfortunately it sat On Deck for a couple of years and only just recently saw the light of day, but it's creation lead to the equally impressive White Tiger card that ended up getting publicly released first. My second Art choice ended up being Karolina Dean, I really like the rainbow glow look going on there.

It was a close race for that 2nd spot with the collection of JL Marker cards. The comic art choice connecting them all together was a really nice touch. Really dig Batman drop kicking the camera the most, so he would have gotten the nod to represent the trio. Ultimately decided I should not pick two of my own LD cards though, which gave Karolina the tie breaker nod. Thought is was interesting to see several of my own LD's ended up on Japes own personal top Art Credits. 4 of the 25 isn't too shabby, we're quite the team up!
Old February 3rd, 2020, 05:49 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure I've played with any of your LD's Japes! I've gotta fix that! But just seeing the cards it's between Psimon and Firestorm. I think I'll pick Firestorm since I love that Matrix power.

For cards... I always have a horrible memory, and didn't realize how many of my LD's you did! I was always impressed with how you handled Cecil, and especially Kick-Ass! But I'm going to pick Jane Thor. Such a cool looking card.
Old February 21st, 2020, 12:17 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looks like Firestorm ran away with this one as the clear favorite LD by Japes! As for Art Credits, White Tiger & Karolina Dean tied with the most votes. Who's up next @japes ?
Old February 21st, 2020, 06:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Looks like Firestorm ran away with this one as the clear favorite LD by Japes! As for Art Credits, White Tiger & Karolina Dean tied with the most votes. Who's up next @japes ?
That's pretty cool.

This is a tight one for me. I'm torn between Ronin and YK. I think I'll go YK because Ronin's I think I'll remember all of them but I'm betting there will be a few YK designs that I've completely forgotten he LD'd. Plus I think Ronin has more unreleased units...

My pick is Yodaking

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 21st, 2020, 06:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks for nominating me japes! Kind of curious to see what people think of some of my stuff. You and I may have something in common here, as my first design could very well be the favorite one. I'll grab my list and get this thing started in a few.
Old February 21st, 2020, 07:29 PM
C3G Landlord

It was only a matter of time before the spotlight got turned around and pointed at me, the one and only Yodaking. I've tried to leave my fingerprints on the tables of many a C3G room. The Map Department was where I got involved early on in the project, then later on I added a new set of rules to the game. Along the way I also made a big push on Destructible Object Buildings, unfortunately that never made it out of the development and testing stage. My latest passion project was to give the Transformers the place inside C3G it richly deserves.

Now it's your turn to determine what was the best use of my time. Vote twice on your favorite character card (from a list of 25), plus one additional vote for your favorite 'other' contribution (a list of 15). Here is my complete list, unreleased units were included and appear in purple. Those who have seen the unreleased units can vote for them if they really want too.

356 - Baron (Heinrich) Zemo /Marvel /UH
423 - Joker Goons /DC /US
*** - Slums of Rio /Marvel /Scenario
568 - Conan /Dark Horse /UH
*** - Island Plane Crash /Marvel /Map
------------------------ Sidekick Promotion ---------------
591 - Bug /Marvel /UH
*** - Conflict Chernobyl /None /Map
617 - Amanda Waller /DC /UH
637 - Batman III /DC /UH
652 - Bronze Tiger /DC /UH
------------------------- Hero Promotion ------------------
*** - Spell Rules
*** - Condemn Spell /DC /Unique
*** - Final Ruin Spell /DC /Unique
*** - Lightning Bolt Spell /None /Common
*** - Mystic Flames Spell /None /Common
*** - Temporal Inversion Spell /None /Common
*** - Vapors of Valtorr Spell /Marvel /Unique
670 - N'Astirh /Marvel /UH
695 - Gorgon /Marvel /UH
696 - Viper /Marvel /UH
699 - Enchantress II /Marvel /UH
*** - Enchant Spell /None /Common
706 - Foot Clan Ninja /IDW /US
720 - Domino /Marvel /UH
745 - Changeling /DC /UH
757 - Yakuza Enforcer /Marvel /UCH
771 - Daredevil II /Marvel /UH
772 - Rocket Raccoon (II) /Marvel /UH
*** - Glyph of Remotely-Detonated Bomb /Marvel
798 - Two-Gun Kid /Marvel /UH
------------------------- Became Legendary Hero -------------
811 - John Constantine /DC /UH
812 - Optimus Prime /IDW /UH
823 - The Tick /NEC /UH
831 - Megatron /IDW /UH
847 - Laserbeak /IDW /UH
861 - Soundwave /IDW /UH
862 - Ravage /IDW /UH
883 - Durham Red /2000AD / UH
898 - Prowl /IDW / UH
-------------------------Returned to Hero Status ---------------
935? - Hawkeye III /Marvel / UH

Here is the complete break down:

40 total contributions

25 Unique Heroes, 2 Unique Squads, 1 Uncommon Hero, 2 Maps, 1 Scenario, 1 Rule Set, 1 Glyph, 3 Unique Spells, & 4 Common Spells.

16 Marvel (including 1 Spell, 1 Glyph, 1 Map, & 1 Scenario), 8 DC (4 of my first 7! & 2 Spells), & 16 non-Marvel or DC affiliated (including the Spell Rules, 4 Spells, & 1 Map).

***note for C3G purposes the Transformers were not included in Marvel but instead given the IDW tag, but in my mind they will always be Marvel, so you could move 6 from non-Marvel or DC over to Marvel if you really wanted to.***

Last edited by Yodaking; February 21st, 2020 at 08:01 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy