Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 18th, 2006, 12:48 AM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Homba's Maps & Scens (Sept 29 - Paragon Mtn.)

Homba's Maps & Scenarios Thread Table of Contents
LATEST:

#9 Posted September 29, 2007 - Paragon Mountain (aka 'Homba's Last Stand') - map for 1v1, team, and tournament play. Requires 1 RotV Master Set, 1 Tundra, 2 RoadttFF and the Wave 1 booster terrain (6 x 2-hex, 8 x 1-hex).

#8 Posted May 27, 2007 - Hall of the Mountain King - a wintery landscape with a hall bored through the heart of a towering, icey mountain. (Pics only)

#7 Posted May 10, 2007 - My modified version ("Homba's Vision") of Night Raid on the Barrow.

#6, posted April 13, 2007: 1 vs 1 Tourney Maps, with download links. Made for the Jackson, Mississippi Tourney.
Also in #6 posted April 25, 2007: Ember Canyon Road (version 2), modified to eliminate the need for the 2nd lava set and odd booster tiles.

1. Tor Keep (pics only, see below, in this post)

2. Wall Obstacle (pic and posted scenario description)

3. The Astral Castle ExpertScape Scenario (pics and comments)
  • Appearing the the HS Codex Issue #6 (April 2007)

<Download the Scenario Rules & ultra-clear Official Map Diagram> (416k .pdf)
    At least for me, the map diagram in the HS Codex was blurry to the point of being illegible.

<Download Supplemental Map Diagram> Smaller! Just 2MS+1Castle. With more notes on 1MS+1Castle design. (171k .pdf)
    Finished too late for inclusion in the HS Codex.

"Official" map: 3 Master Sets, 2 Castle Sets minimum. 4 MS, 2 Castles, 2 Bridges (trees), 1 Lava preferred.
    Includes instructions on how to enjoy the underlying Concept with as little as one Master Set. Update: See supplemental map, above.

4. NavyScape! (Posted Feb 25, 2007)
The first (!?) Heroscape SHIP! A flying ship, sabotaged, put down in a river, where it was ambushed. Encased in ice by sorcery, a battle now rages over control of the powerful airship. See bottom of page 1, or top of page 2. (Virtualscape diagrams in the works)

5. Meteor Strike! - page 2 Posted March 31, 2007
A meteor smashes through a glacier and explodes in the frigid arctic wilderness, tearing a seething crater in the earth. Shattered into fragments, bits of the alien rock fall to rest, latent with magical power. Hostile armies rush to the scene, eager to claim the windfall.

6. (Posted April 13, 2007) Tourney Maps for the April 21 Jackson Mississippi Tourney. (Two more maps to come when I get them posted this weekend- Ember Canyon Road (inspired by Khanbob42's 'Roadkill'), and (Marduk's) Pillar of Fire (modded).

Ice Crevasse Pass in Spring
1 MS, 2 Forest, 2 Tundra, plus a little snow & odd pieces from boosters. 24-32 start zones (32 shown).
<Download .pdf Map Diagram (92KB)> clear
<Download .doc Map Diagram (47KB)> crystal clear
<Download VirtualScape .hsc File (12KB)>

Forgotten Shrine
Requires: 1 MS, 2 RttFF, 2 Castles, + odd tiles from boosters. 24-32 start zones (32 shown).
Note: There are no wall-walks on top of the columns or archways - so figures cannot be positioned there.
Note: Alternate the placing of units during deployment - the person with more units places first, or if equal roll d20 - loser places first.
<Download .pdf Map Diagram (95KB)> clear
<Download .doc Map Diagram (57KB)> crystal clear
<Download VirtualScape .hsc File (12KB)>

Ember Canyon Road (v1)
Requires: 1 MS, 2 RttFF (Bridge/Trees), 2 VW (lava), + a few terrain tiles from boosters
Start Zones: 24-32 (adaptable to taste – 32 shown)

Inspired by Khanbob42's awesome concept map 'Roadkill,' I made this map with higher cliffs (7 levels high: the center road can't be seen from the start zones, and it's the max height for a Brunak help-up.) Plus it is really steep and time consuming to get up there, moreso than in the original. I didn't like how powerful getting set up on the cliffs becomes in the original, so I thought I'd top them with lavafields...

Now you have to take the damage check at the end of a Round if you're going to try to sit up on the cliffs and shoot people in the canyon. And if you're standing lower on the hill (on the green), the top elevations are going to block your LOS down into the road. There is even a little molten lava for Jotun-throws. I like this map - I just hate that there is so little lava in the lava set that this actually takes 2 lava sets to make (I do have 2). The little waterways, inspired by the original Roadkill, give vipers (or microcorp) a nice shortcut and threat. The two glyphs on the top being on lavafields will make trying to hold them painful.

<Download .pdf Map Diagram (99KB)> clear
<Download .doc Map Diagram (77KB)> crystal clear
<Download VirtualScape .hsc File (10KB)>

Ember Canyon Road (v2)
Made this version 2 for submission to the Battlefields of Valhalla project, pared down the materials to eliminate the extras required in version 1. Looks and plays virtually the same.
Requires: 1 MS, 2 RttFF, 1 VW.
Start Zones: 26+ start zones, 29 shown.

<Download .pdf Map Diagram (197KB)> clear
<Download .doc Map Diagram (295KB)> crystal clear
<Download VirtualScape .hsc File (9KB)>

Pillar of Fire (Homba mod)
Original Map by Marduk, modded by Homba.
1MS (plus extra 2 Ruins), 1 Lava, 1 Tree/Bridge, plus odd extra hexes from boosters.

<Download .pdf Map Diagram (139KB)> clear
<Download .doc Map Diagram (78KB)> crystal clear
<Download VirtualScape .hsc File (9KB)>

7. Night Raid on the Barrow: Homba's Vision
>>Download the Scenario Booklet<<

8. Hall of the Mountain King. More pics in the thread here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=261331#285249

9. Paragon Mountain (aka 'Homba's Last Stand'). More pics in the thread, pg.3

Paragon Mountain, download available. Requires 1 RotV Master Set, 1 Tundra, 2 RttFF and the Wave 1 booster tiles (6x 2-hex, 8x 1-hex).

Build Diagram: Clear .pdf version:
DOWNLOAD

Build Diagram: Crystal clear .doc version:
DOWNLOAD

And now back to my original first post.

Hi all, been a while since I posted, in fact this may be my first post since HSHQ went under. I've looked in once or twice a month since it started up (nice reincarnation "as usual", and thanks to the appropriate persons), but have been spending my free time otherwise lately. I foresee eventually getting back to being more active here one day, but not in the near term - my two year old will be a big sister come February, and free time, sleep, etc., will vanish for an indeterminate time.

Still playing Scape pretty regularly. Just back from the Mid-South Heroscape Conference (heh) an 8-player game we had on Saturday. Two 4-player teams was really fun (we alternated seats around the table so one side would not get two turns in a row). But the following pics are not from that. Our group picked up two castles when they appeared in Walmart a couple of weeks ago, and I was inspired by Caravaggio's ice castle to take some time building something nice. My wife and I got in three fun games on it before I had to dismantle for transport, so not a total waste (we built a much bigger, relatively simpler map for the 'conference', sorry I wish I had pics of that for the sheer depth and breath of figs spread over that battlefield, it was a beautiful sight).

I built this keep on a tor of rock overlooking a highway, with a little switch-back road itself bridging the highway and running up to the castle gate. The highway bridged a river flowing from a waterfall originating at a vent in the side of the tor. Steep steps and a steep approach led up to a back door in the rear. I used all but 2 bricks from 5 master sets (some of the interior of the tor is hollow), 2 lava sets (again, interior - the red never shows), elements of 6 bridge sets (mainly road & trees) and about 2/3 of two castle sets, plus the snow from wave 5 just for kicks (banked up in the shadowy places where it hasn't melted yet - I thought it looked good in this alpine-type setting).

A detail of the falls. You can see I staggered solid and sparkly water to give a "cascade" visual effect, I thought it worked nicely.

The back door.

Top view.

The Ullar garrison defends against Utgar's savage onslaught. Someone will ask why there is a Jandar flag flying over the fortress

Thanks GB for helping me set up my gallery.

H

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios