Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 21st, 2009, 09:19 AM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker
Climb and Engagement

There's something I've been wondering about concerning
the Climb ability. I've searched around and haven't found anything about this, so I figured I might as well ask.

The ability Climb says:
When moving up or down levels of terrain, (name of figure) may double/triple (depending on whether it's X2 or X3) their height.

My question is:
There is a Fyorlag Spider on a height 1 space and there is an enemy figure on a height 4 space next to the spider. Obviously they are not considered to be engaged. However, If the spider moves onto a height 2 space that is still next to the enemy figure (and for some reason has to use Climb X3 - say there's a battlement in the way) its height would temporarily become 6 (because Climb X3 triples height). Does it become momentarily engaged with the figure on the height 4 space? Furthermore, after moving onto the height 2 space and ending its movement, its height would revert to 2. Would it take a leaving engagement attack because it is no longer engaged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's