Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 9th, 2021, 10:04 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I disagree on the last point. The game has changed more significantly with respect to deckbuilding and the stats on units. This opened up the design space a bit and has made commons better. Have you tried the demo? Sneeks feels largely the same, but kinda like a greatest hits list of Sneeks and Frick. But there’s a 1/3 melee, 2/2 melee, and 2/1 ranged unit all at 0-cost. Similar variety is seen in the 1-cost breakers commons.
I haven't tried the demo yet, this is just first impressions (I'll give it a whirl next week over break). I see your point, and I'm glad they're making it more balanced. More deck building options is neat, but is that worth the trade-off of having to buy literally everything again?

I look at X-Wing, and the conversion kits were better value. Further, X-Wing 1.0 was WAY worse than SW 1.0 in every regard (balance, degeneracy of the meta, literally everything imaginable). X-Wing 1.0 was, quite frankly, a complete dumpster fire. SW had its problems, but I just can't see myself dropping the money to replace everything when the in-game experience will largely be the same, while not having HUGE problems to fix (like X-Wing 1.0 had).

I may just not be the target audience, which is fine. And to the reader, if you don't own 1.0, definitely give this new edition a go! It's a great game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games