Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 11th, 2014, 03:08 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Kobolds (Design/Brainstorm

My opinion :

- We don't need a funny power name. I find it not very serious.

- They need an offensive boost to become playable. As they are, they'll never see play.

- The third power should be an existing (and simple) power OR a new power, but a short one (Master's devotion already has many words, and we have to put Scale or Climb x2 on the card also.)

- I really like Whittle Away, (If a figure is attacked by a kobold, it roll one less defense dice for each time it was attacked by a kobold this turn).

- Another idea I like is from "The Bigger They Are" above, without restraining the number of kobold that can combinee their attack :

Combined Attack
Any number of kobold adjacent to a figure may roll their attacks dice as one combined attack. The defending figure compare height with the lowest kobold to determine heigth advantage.

They are very well organized and used to work together. They attack their prey all at the sametime from different angle to make it harder for it to defend itsef. It is not a special attack, so heigth advantage is taken account of.
2 kobolds can make an attack of something from 4 to 6 (depending of height advantag of each kobold).
Your opponent has to be carrefull not to let them surround his/her units !

- 1moreheroscaper, I would liketo +rep you for the photos, but I cannot yet.
Old January 11th, 2014, 09:25 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't see a problem with it not being serious, after all, Heroscape is a game and the purpose of a game is...
Spoiler Alert!

But it is OK because an entertaining name is not necessary for...
Spoiler Alert!

Also, I like the combined attack, which works very well with Masters devotion.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 11th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
- 1moreheroscaper, I would liketo +rep you for the photos, but I cannot yet.
Done.

I like a kind of "the more we are, the more we hit" power too.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old January 11th, 2014, 10:35 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmm, I think we're very close to finishing this stage of the process for these guys. We need a vote on their third power.

Old January 12th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think a poll would be a good idea. If people could make a point of nominating specific powers so we can get them all in one place, that'd be great!
Old January 12th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Do we want people to nominate or should we just have someone compile all the ones posted so far?

On another thought: what if instead of polling on specific powers, we vote on which type of power it should be? Categories could be like: 1) attack boost power, 2) swarm-based offensive power, 3) passive offensive power, 4) defensive power, 5) supportive power, and 6) moved-based power.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 12th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Do we want people to nominate or should we just have someone compile all the ones posted so far?

On another thought: what if instead of polling on specific powers, we vote on which type of power it should be? Categories could be like: 1) attack boost power, 2) swarm-based offensive power, 3) passive offensive power, 4) defensive power, 5) supportive power, and 6) moved-based power.
I like those categories. And I would vote for supportive power.

Old January 12th, 2014, 04:57 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Could you say which of the currently proposed third powers are in which category? I don’t know if "Jab Jab Jab" (which I would like to rename as "Thicket of Spears" unless someone has a better suggestion) is a "supportive" or "passive offensive " power.
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:19 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would vote for 2) Swarm based offensive power.
I think they NEED an offensive boost to be playable.
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:24 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Could you say which of the currently proposed third powers are in which category? I don’t know if "Jab Jab Jab" (which I would like to rename as "Thicket of Spears" unless someone has a better suggestion) is a "supportive" or "passive offensive " power.

Great question. As it stands I am still leaning towards a First Assault, or a variation of it. So would such an ability be considered an attack boost power, or a swarm-based offensive power--I assume the former?

Also, I know a First Assault ability could be potentially confusing if a player can move a large number of the Kobolds, but I do not see it as much of a concern so far for two reasons. First, my first few play tests, have not revealed massive movements and attack of Kobolds yet. Two, I think players can determine their own method for keeping track of which kobolds will be able to use First Assault--especially the opponents will keep it in check.

I like all of the developments that have taken place in this thread...good stuff.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
"Jab Jab Jab" would be a supportive power (at least the version I see). First Assault would be an attack boost power (it couldn't really be a swarm power because a Kobold can use it even if it's the only one on the board).

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
I would vote for 2) Swarm based offensive power.
I think they NEED an offensive boost to be playable.
Yeah, what Lyrgard said. Put that down for my vote.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards