Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 15th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior

I was thinking either Raelin or Saylind. As for the MoU and the SoJ I have yet to see those guys in my collection. But I do have some other people I could replace/expand the army pt value, etc. etc. Thank you for the advice.
Old April 6th, 2015, 05:51 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 3rd, 2016, 04:17 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

So I got an extra Atlaga and decided to repaint it to use as a Tyrian. The paint job is nothing to write home about, but no one will confuse them on the battlefield at least. Anyway, I finally got around to making a "proxy Tyrian" card so it would have the right figure on the card. Head over to this thread so I can grab the hit zone art from the official card and...

RED WINGS!

OK, so much for that plan. Since I had to redo the hit zone anyway, I figured why not make a "Corrected Atlaga" card? So, here it is.

His picture's different since I needed the full wingspan, so I used the photo in the OP. Now you can play him without having to show your opponents the Atlaga Errata (while playing Zenyatta Mondatta, or Hakuna Matata.)
Old January 23rd, 2019, 12:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Since Witherwood is once per game, if your opponent mindshackled your Atlaga after you already used the Bolt of Witherwood, your opponent wouldn't be able to use Witherwood too, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:40 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Since Witherwood is once per game, if your opponent mindshackled your Atlaga after you already used the Bolt of Witherwood, your opponent wouldn't be able to use Witherwood too, right?
Yes, as it says "Atlaga may only attempt once per game" rather than "you may only attempt once per game".
Old February 24th, 2019, 07:31 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

How good does everyone think Witherwood is? Like, does it increase his rank to A-, or would he be A- already, regardless of Witherwood?

I ask because despite using him at least 7 times in the last year(in personal games, I've never brought him to a local tournament), I have never once successfully hit Witherwood. Even before that, I don't remember ever witnessing it succeed. I can't gauge its usefulness, because it has never been useful. I also don't ever remember seeing it work when I've faced him in tournament (which has only been maybe 2 or 3 times ever). It feels like a worse Deadeye Dan Special, even though the roll is easier, since it's once a game.
Old February 24th, 2019, 08:34 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d wager that it doesn’t bump his rank, but it just acts as a bonus. Being able to use his normal attack after trying the bolt is really the only reason it would bump him to A-. But imo, his other traits are probably what elevated him to that level. Fast Minions and Fast Raelin would make for a deadly combination against anything without easy autowounds/kills access like Braxas or the Black Wyrmlings.

Since 500 points was the standard used for the older power rankings, I can see this performing moderately well, even from an inexperienced player:

Atlaga
Raelin 1
Minions x3

If Atlaga can bust Braxas it’s likely an easy win. No guarentees even if he busts Grimnak, and definately not game ending if someone brought 10 Black Wyrmlings.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 25th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
How good does everyone think Witherwood is? Like, does it increase his rank to A-, or would he be A- already, regardless of Witherwood?

I ask because despite using him at least 7 times in the last year(in personal games, I've never brought him to a local tournament), I have never once successfully hit Witherwood. Even before that, I don't remember ever witnessing it succeed. I can't gauge its usefulness, because it has never been useful. I also don't ever remember seeing it work when I've faced him in tournament (which has only been maybe 2 or 3 times ever). It feels like a worse Deadeye Dan Special, even though the roll is easier, since it's once a game.
He's a B+ and Witherwood doesn't really have an impact on it. He's solid but not great, and would be better if he was 10-20 points cheaper and did not have the Bolt.
Old February 25th, 2019, 10:49 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I agree with the sentiment that the Bolt doesn't increase his rank (in fact, I think that it decreases it a little bit for something so unreliable that won't be consistently useful). I do prefer it over Deadeye Dan's Sharpshooter or Sudema's Stare of Stone because it at least doesn't tempt you into wasting multiple turns on it (and since you can still attack that turn, it feels more like a bonus when it does trigger), but the main draw of Atlaga is definitely his Kyrie Leadership. Being a ranged flying unit for the endgame probably didn't hurt, either.
Old February 25th, 2019, 11:21 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I agree with the sentiment that the Bolt doesn't increase his rank (in fact, I think that it decreases it a little bit for something so unreliable that won't be consistently useful). I do prefer it over Deadeye Dan's Sharpshooter or Sudema's Stare of Stone because it at least doesn't tempt you into wasting multiple turns on it (and since you can still attack that turn, it feels more like a bonus when it does trigger), but the main draw of Atlaga is definitely his Kyrie Leadership. Being a ranged flying unit for the endgame probably didn't hurt, either.
Yeah, it definitely decreases, and specifically because he is paying points for what it possibly the worst designed power in the game.
Old February 25th, 2019, 11:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Yeah, it definitely decreases, and specifically because he is paying points for what it possibly the worst designed power in the game.
Is he really paying extra points for the Bolt though? It wouldn’t have shocked me if he was still released at 90 points without it. I’d argue that the Bolt was given to him to make him less boring.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 26th, 2019, 01:06 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I would have liked Witherwood, and Feystep to be once per round abilities. I don't think anything that isn't almost 100% guaranteed should be limited to once per game. The Elite's Grenade works because you have 4 chances for it to hit, and it's AoE, so it crosses that threshold from kind of dumb, and/or impossible to rely on. Feystep is a guaranteed thing, but for only once per game it's barely even worth considering, so while it has the 100% chance, it falls into the dumb category. If witherwood was going to stay, and I think it should, I would want it to be an auto wound on a 16 or higher, instead of destroying everything it hits.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units