Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 15th, 2022, 12:11 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGreat1999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
If everyone just doubles their order, we've got a real chance!
not gonna happen. The goal at this point is to at least reach the midway point so that they (Avalon Hill) have a reason to start this project anew once the dust has settled and the project has been refined
Yeah, I agree. My humor is a little too dry (although I actually am gonna double my order).

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old November 15th, 2022, 12:20 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I already doubled mine, plus one more. I talked a friend into backing two and he went ahead an backed five because he doesn't think it will fund anyway.
Old November 15th, 2022, 06:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

We're at 3,948. So we'll make it to the halfway mark! What we need is a Matching Fund, like in those huge annual charity fundraisers. When some of us were doing predictions some time ago, I predicted we'd hit 5,000, because I was mentally negotiating with Hasbro, and that was as far as I could imagine them coming down to meet us.

This effort will go down in history as one of the weirdest crowdfunders ever done. We've already listed all the reasons why. Yesterday they posted about half of the cards for the Dryan Lifeborn Order, the last faction we hadn't seen except for one card. There are now 30 entries on the Haslab site's Card Compendium. Other than that, there has been almost no promotional activity during this last week of the campaign.

Will I ever see my Clockwork Airship card? Will there be a final funding bump? Will there be any kind of official announcement about considering any future for Official Heroscape from Patrick and Chris? Will C3V get back to work at full activity?

Stay tuned for the Final Day of this strange campaign...

Last edited by chas; November 15th, 2022 at 08:42 AM.
Old November 15th, 2022, 07:54 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
This effort will go down in history as one of the weirdest crowdfunders ever done. We've already listed all the reasons why. Yesterday they posted about half of the cards Dryan Lifeborn Order, the last faction we hadn't seen except for one card. There are now 30 entries on the Haslab site's Card Compendium. Other than that, there has been almost no promotional activity during this last week of the campaign.
I was just thinking the same thing. It’s so strange even if they had given up hope to be this quiet in the last 7-10 days of the campaign. Were these same guys not even involved with the Heroquest Haslab? I followed that one when it was live and the energy was just so different it feels like a completely different team, which is also strange because of how they went out of their way to make sure we would remember how they launched Heroquest before this started because it was going to be similar (it wasn’t).

To just drop another handful of cards without a video makes it feel like they couldn’t even muster the enthusiasm to put forth the effort one last time. Has a real “why bother” vibe here at the end.

I’m coming at this from a more general public view. Except for following on this site, I’m not following their discord, but watch their twitter and check YouTube regularly.

Last edited by rudyvalentine; November 15th, 2022 at 08:10 AM.
Old November 15th, 2022, 08:18 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe if Hasbro stock keeps tanking they'll sell the Heroscape I.P. Have they paid the war council for their design work yet? Just give them ownership of Heroscape instead lol.

With Star Wars, Avalon Hill and Marvel Haslabs failing, might as well do the MTG thing and make Haslabs only for Transformers until customers become oversaturated and fatigued trying to keep up.

It's just sad that if this has the same minimum goal as Heroquest, this would've reached 4K by now in it's current iteration. Maybe it wouldn't hit much higher, but it would've made it.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; November 15th, 2022 at 08:46 AM.
Old November 15th, 2022, 08:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've mentioned that how I feel about Hasbro is not confined to the history of Heroscape. I'm also big fan of the Commands & Colors board game series, using the same simple miniatures based system for different historical/fantasy/science fiction periods, now of 11 different games, some more successful than others. The designer, Richard Borg, has his games done by several different publishers. The Civil War Version, BattleCry (1999); later Battlecry150 (2010) was also published by Avalon Hill/Hasbro. Since they had to publish a version of the game every 10 years to keep the IP, they put out the latter version on the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War.

Now its been yet another 10 years, they've "put it back in the vault," and done nothing with it since then. The rights have reportedly now returned back to the designer. So after even more years than Scape, we fans are hoping that a new version will finally be published by another publisher, with all the higher level enhancements that the rest of the series games received, since they had more attention paid to them by their publishers. These have gotten collectively dozens of expansions for the many titles--see here on BGG for my thread on the series:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/123...rd-borg/page/1

If you look at the entire C&C series, they've got about as many expansions as Scape got. Of course, the terms of this license were different than Heroscape's. But the story of light now at the end of the long tunnel after so many hopes for the design over the years may give you some cheer, as its so similar to what we're going through for Scape. And now the long story of that game may finally have a happy ending, using the many additional rules modules "playtested" by the designer only at various gaming conventions through the years, but not yet available to us all.

Let's hope there is as good a resolution for Heroscape!

Last edited by chas; November 15th, 2022 at 01:59 PM.
Old November 15th, 2022, 12:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Cross-posting. If you're going to follow suit, now is the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
As I promised earlier, I have increased my pledge again today for a final time.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 15th, 2022, 02:34 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Q: Will there be any way to get the Has Lab exclusive figures after this campaign?

A: No. As it says, the Thyraxis Dragoon and Scavorith, Lord of Ruin are exclusive to this Has Lab
campaign and these figures will not be available outside of this project.

So sounds like those two are just donezo, even if some reattempt or non Haslab route is done? Sad.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 15th, 2022, 02:52 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I read that as if the campaign is successful. If it were to relaunch I don’t see why they couldn’t include the exclusives again since they were never produced the first time around. Just my
Old November 15th, 2022, 04:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, as long as they were not ever actually sold as exclusives they are free to do something else with them. If they do try a re-launch, they might change their mind on what the exclusives will be.
Old November 16th, 2022, 01:00 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

They pulled it a minute early. Final count 4,352.

Last edited by Hogg; November 16th, 2022 at 01:00 AM. Reason: They were probably tired of me clicking refresh.
Old November 16th, 2022, 01:00 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
They pulled it a minute early. Final count 4,352.
Went to 4353

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion