Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: What shall our Hero's purpose be?
A Support Hero for the Primadons! 6 13.64%
A "Dragon Master!" 8 18.18%
A Counter-Dragon Hero! 0 0%
A Vampire/Undead Hunter! 5 11.36%
A Support Hero for the Lawmen! 9 20.45%
An Utgar Cowboy! 3 6.82%
A Melee Booster/Anti-Range Hero! 2 4.55%
A Counter-Soulborg Hero! 8 18.18%
A Support Hero for the Roman Archers! 3 6.82%
A Support Hero for the Zombies of Morindan! 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 29th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 2 - Purpose Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
THAT is one of the reasons why I love Heroscape! There is NO racial group that does not have both a figure that people think needs to be countered with a broad ability like that, AND a figure or two that would also have their ratings SERIOUSLY damaged from that type of thing.
I see the logic in what you are saying. For this reason, I like the idea of strengthening a group of figs that see little action, i.e. Lawmen (although I have made "dragonslayers" a la Nhah Scirh).

With the speculation of Native American warriors being in Wave 9, I think giving the Lawmen a boost before its release might be good.
Old April 29th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGrievous13 View Post
A great reason to make a Dragon Master:

The Dragons are some of the biggest and most powerful units in Heroscape. When someone drafts a Dragon, I immediately check to see who in my army has a good chance of beating it. Often, the only hope is using Sir. Denrick or another Dragon. But if you don't have enough points to get your own Dragon and Sir. Denrick is on another team, then what do you do?

The answer is that you either kill the Dragon with other units (often after losing a large part of your army) or you get the stuffing beat out of you! That is why I think there should be a Dragon Master (EDIT: or Dragon Slayer); a unit that is strong enough to counter a Dragon, but also less expensive than drafting your own Dragon.
So, a Dragon Countering Hero is what you're going for? I'll make the necessary adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
I don't think my earlier suggestion was taken seriously, but I'd really like to see a unit that boosts melee units in general against ranged units. Most Warriors are meless units (excepting only the Marro Warriors, I think), so maybe a unit that grants Warriors some limited form of disengagement. The whole great-ape-with-smoke-screen part isn't important, but it would be nice to get a figure that helps melee units get past those confounded rats...
So, a Melee Boosting/Anti-Range Hero? Yeah, I could go for that. It's on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
For a single figure, I'd rather see a Q9/rats counter. Maybe a Meriedian with an EMP generator that would freeze soulborgs for a couple of turns would work. As is, the soulborgs aren't affected by several attacks (plague and chilling touch come to mind). It would seem reasonable that there could be an attack that would be specific to soulborgs.
And is this a counter-soulborg? Also interesting.

The current list is...
  • A Hero to Boost the Primadons
  • A Counter-Dragon Hero
  • A Vampire Hunter
  • A Support Hero for the Lawmen
  • An Utgar Cowboy
  • A Melee Booster/Range Counter-er
  • A Counter-Soulborg Hero
That's seven - and we still have a day left! Hoo-rah!

Last edited by johnny139; April 29th, 2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old April 29th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm all for an Armoc Warlord. For that matter, any warlord for Ullar to bond with the Armoc vipers. As it sits, they can only bond with Mittens, they need at least one other option.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old April 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
So, a Dragon Countering Hero is what you're going for? I'll make the necessary adjustments.

Actually, I am suggesting either a Dragon Slayer (counter) or a Dragon Master (helper or bonder).

I think that it is great that we have so many cool ideas on our list! I think that any one of them would make a great custom hero. Great work everyone!
Old April 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

To give credit where crdit is due, rich10 was the one to be quoted, not me. Its small, but still he should get the credit.
Old April 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM

Zyelos is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Elginb- I don't think my earlier suggestion was taken seriously, but I'd really like to see a unit that boosts melee units in general against ranged units. Most Warriors are meless units (excepting only the Marro Warriors, I think), so maybe a unit that grants Warriors some limited form of disengagement. The whole great-ape-with-smoke-screen part isn't important, but it would be nice to get a figure that helps melee units get past those confounded rats...
Perhaps a defence minded wizard with barrier spells to protect his warrior friends. Wizards and Warriors do often make a great team.

Ive also heard disscussion of a Dragon Master or Slayer, but what of a Dragon Rider..... just something to think about.
Old April 30th, 2009, 12:14 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyelos View Post
Ive also heard disscussion of a Dragon Master or Slayer, but what of a Dragon Rider..... just something to think about.
Like Su-Bak-Na?
Old April 30th, 2009, 07:50 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyelos View Post
Like Su-Bak-Na?

I think that Zyelos means someone who can ride dragons. The power might function something like Carry, but it would be on the rider's card.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:30 AM
...Huzzah!

EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby!

I love the undead cowboy idea, Primadon King Kong type, and the counter soulborg

Of course we could combine them and have an undead Primadon Hacker.

Some ideas to kick the tires on:
-A ranged human champion (Robin Hood-esque, or viking axe chucker)
-An animal (Lion, Bear, Scorpion...)
-Raelin-type that bonds and helps melee (Elginb's suggestion)
-Anti-range (4th Mass, Stingers, 10th foot, Q9, etc.)
-Giant Robo-Cat to get rid of Robo-Rats (pouncing ability)

EagleOne is Syvarris...
in the WYNN KEEP...
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:41 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I think instead of targeting Soulborgs as a rat-counter, I'd like it if it targeted Small figures. Maybe he can spray a low-lying acidic smoke that'll irritate the larger figures, but be deadly to the small ones.

I just don't like abilities that counter races, is all...

EDIT: I just realized I described an household pest exterminator.

Last edited by Pumpkin_King; April 30th, 2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:40 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I think instead of targeting Soulborgs as a rat-counter, I'd like it if it targeted Small figures. Maybe he can spray a low-lying acidic smoke that'll irritate the larger figures, but be deadly to the small ones.

I just don't like abilities that counter races, is all...

EDIT: I just realized I described an household pest exterminator.
I understand what you are saying, but the soulborgs are immune to certain attacks (chilling touch, marro plague, toxic skin). If this hero were a Mariedian, it would make sense that they would have an attack that would only target soulborgs. I'd like this to target the Q's (and/or rats). I just think that they are too powerful. I was thinking that EMP (which wouldn't affect non-soulborg figures) would be a special attack (determined through rolling D20) and might inflict one wound. But this special attack would not affect a figure with only one life remaining (so it wouldn't affect the DW's, trons, rats or one of the Q's, X17 or Warden with only one life left). Another way to do this would be for the EMP to freeze a soulborg for 2 (or so) turns. During this time, the soulborg would lose any turns and be subject to any attacks (possibly with reduced defense).
Old April 30th, 2009, 11:56 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Pfft. Easy. It's simply acidic enough that it melts metal. Organic viruses and magical cold don't effect metal, but this acidic gas will.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards