Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 24th, 2011, 08:36 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Braxas
Airborne Elite
Crixus
Me-Burq-Sa
Eldgrim
Depending on how soon the Airborne drop, this goes a few ways. Eldgrim and Airborne go out early (or come in late), soften up Zelrig and hold glyphs. Once Eldgrim dies, put him on Crixus, who goes for Zelrig to finish the job. Braxas takes care of the PK's, and Me-Burq-Sa cleans up.
Old August 24th, 2011, 03:22 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Braxas
Airborne Elite
Crixus
Me-Burq-Sa
Eldgrim
Marrden Hounds x 3 270
Sgt Drake SotM 440
Zetacron 500 / 21

Hounds are immune to Paralyzing Stare and Poison Acid Breath, and against your melee forces, a few squads can wreak some havoc. The airborne might give the Hounds a bit of trouble, but Drake can hunt them down without worry; he's also a decent choice to fight Crixus or help out with the dragon. Zeta's a bit of filler, but being a soulborg he's not worried about starting the game in the middle of a Marro Plague and should take height early. Zetacron on height is something even high-life heroes approach carefully (unless their name is Crixus! uh-oh). Hopefully Crixus is down before Zeta really has to come into play.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old August 24th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

[/quote]
Marrden Hounds x 3 270
Sgt Drake SotM 440
Zetacron 500 / 21
[/quote]
I`d use:
Q10 150
Charos 210
Greenscales x2 120
Marcu 20
500/ 11
Q10 kills hounds. Charos+ Greenscales kill Sergeant. Marcu for cleanup/ Zetacron.
Old August 24th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
I`d use:
Q10 150
Charos 210
Greenscales x2 120
Marcu 20
500/ 11
I think that because you only have 1 ranged figure I would use:

4th mass line x4- 280
Captain America- 500

The 4th mass pod on height with Captain America's tactician bonus. Cap's high attack can easily take care of Charos and Q10.
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post

4th mass line x4- 280
Captain America- 500

The 4th mass pod on height with Captain America's tactician bonus. Cap's high attack can easily take care of Charos and Q10.
Let's go with-
Theracus
Deadeye Dan
Zelrig
Rats x 5
Isamu
495 points, 24 hexes. (Drop 2 rats)

Rats spread out, keeping your guys away from the rest of my army. 4th Mass cant attack without triggering scatter, and numbers plus high defense overwhelm Cap and keep him bogged down. Theracus puts Dan on height, who takes on average 8 turns to kill Cap, bypassing his defense and counterstrike. Zelrig can handle the 4th Mass with ease, and if he inexplicably dies behind the rat screen, Isamu cleans up the remaining minutemen. If he somehow dies, deadeye can pick them off.
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:31 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:

4th mass line x4- 280
Captain America- 500

Let's go with-
Theracus
Deadeye Dan
Zelrig
Rats x 5
Isamu
You have virtually no chance to win this. Zelrig isn't that effective since the 4th team has only 17 hexes and will quickly move to neutralize Zelrig. Deadeye Dan will go down quickly to wtf's. Cap/4th is a top army.

This should work a majority of the time.

180 Q9
100 KMA
120 Agent Skahen
80 Raelin
20 Marcu
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:11 AM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

4th mass line x4- 280
Captain America- 500

Let's go with-
Theracus
Deadeye Dan
Zelrig
Rats x 5
Isamu
You have virtually no chance to win this. Zelrig isn't that effective since the 4th team has only 17 hexes and will quickly move to neutralize Zelrig. Deadeye Dan will go down quickly to wtf's. Cap/4th is a top army.

180 Q9
100 KMA
120 Agent Skahen
80 Raelin
20 Marcu
I disagree. The entire purpose of that army is to tie up and outrange the 4th Mass/Cap. Even if Cap can break free of the rats, Deadeye will be too far away for him to reach for at least another turn. And by then, either rats swarm the soldier again, or Dan moves out of range, or Theracus moves him. The key to this army is to keep Cap bogged down with rodents, and bypass defense and counterstrike. On any normal map, 18 rats clog it pretty fast. Though I suppose we are all entitled to our opinions. Good army too.
Old August 26th, 2011, 10:59 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

4th mass line x4- 280
Captain America- 500

Let's go with-
Theracus
Deadeye Dan
Zelrig
Rats x 5
Isamu

180 Q9
100 KMA
120 Agent Skahen
80 Raelin
20 Marcu
I disagree. The entire purpose of that army is to tie up and outrange the 4th Mass/Cap. Even if Cap can break free of the rats, Deadeye will be too far away for him to reach for at least another turn. And by then, either rats swarm the soldier again, or Dan moves out of range, or Theracus moves him. The key to this army is to keep Cap bogged down with rodents, and bypass defense and counterstrike. On any normal map, 18 rats clog it pretty fast. Though I suppose we are all entitled to our opinions. Good army too.
I agree that Son of Arathorn's army could handle the above Cap/Mass; you just have to play intelligently and not march directly into the 4th. Five squads of rats would surely do the trick, though you'd have to put OM's on them a lot in the early game (Shield Throw doesn't activate Scatter). The real worry is whether or not you can get enough wounds on Cap, but perseverance with Dan's unblockable skull could make a lot of headway there, assuming the screen holds up.

In regard to Rich10's army, how about:

Axegrinders x5 350
Cyprien 500 / 21

The leaderless dwarves will be running six spaces per activation and area as good a squad to take on Q9 as I've seen. If Cyp can get to Raelin and the KMA, then Q9 is all I've really got left to worry about.
(Not knocking Skahen here, just saying that she's out of her element against charging melee squads.)

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old August 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Glads x3
Skahen
Blasts x2
Marcu Esenwin
500 Points, 22 Hexes
Not sure how good this will work but I would like some thoughts on it.

Glads keep the dwarves and Cyprien away from my starting zone. Blasts and Skahen hit 'em hard from height (shameless alliteration). The key is to make sure Cyprien has 2-3 Glads on him at all times. The majority of my army is immune to Chilling Touch, and all of my army is immune to Fearless Advantage. Cover Fire boosts the already synergetic movement of the Glads, and helps keep the screen intact. I obviously won't put OM's on Marcu for he beginning of the game, saving him or if the screen disintegrates. The last thing I need is for him to turn on Skahen.
Old August 26th, 2011, 06:22 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Glads x3
Skahen
Blasts x2
Marcu Esenwin
500 Points, 22 Hexes
Not sure how good this will work but I would like some thoughts on it.

Glads keep the dwarves and Cyprien away from my starting zone. Blasts and Skahen hit 'em hard from height (shameless alliteration). The key is to make sure Cyprien has 2-3 Glads on him at all times. The majority of my army is immune to Chilling Touch, and all of my army is immune to Fearless Advantage. Cover Fire boosts the already synergetic movement of the Glads, and helps keep the screen intact. I obviously won't put OM's on Marcu for he beginning of the game, saving him or if the screen disintegrates. The last thing I need is for him to turn on Skahen.
Braxus
Fen Hydra
Marro Warriors
Deathreaversx3
500points/20spaces
------
Deathreavers run a screen for the three attack units, scatter will trigger frequently as your army has no special attacks/auto-kill abilities to bypass scatter. Braxus' acid breath works on everything in your army, Fen Hydra can reach over Deathreavers and take out figures. As an added bonus, Braxus and the Fen Hydra are both huge so cyberclaw doesn't affect them. Marro Warriors are an emeregency clean up unit.
Old August 26th, 2011, 06:22 PM

I realize this might seem argumentative, but I just have to post this. I played a game using the armies posted above by Robber and myself on the BoV map Swamp Thing.
4th Massachusetts Line x4
Captain America
vs.
Deadeye Dan
Theracus
Isamu
Zelrig
Rats x5 (drop 2 rats)
It was close, it was epic, but my army won the day, coming down to 1 Linesman and Isamu. So, yeah, my army countered Robbers. Man, 18 rats are annoying!

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; August 26th, 2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:05 AM
...Something unique

10th Reg x2
Crixus
Tarn Viking Warriors
Q10
Me-Burk-Sa
Isamu
500 Points,17 Hexes
Crixus can go a few rounds with Braxus (eventually killing her). The 10th go after the fen hydra and hopefully whats left of the 10th Can take out the marro warriors with the help of the tarns.Q10 goes after the rats with Me-Burk-Sa. Isamu cleans up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion